2016 GT Premium PP

IceAge

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
GG
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT 500, 2022 GT500, 2020 GT Mustang, Raptor,
The big reveal will be D DAY June 6th to let the competition know it’s going to blow everyone one of them AWAY.
DF555795-6A67-443A-9CE3-21FAFC52467D.jpeg

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
Its crazy, according to these forums, everyone is getting msrp deals.. so i dont see why everyone else is complaining about them ;)

Grey03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2017 Raptor, 2021 BMW M340i
Its crazy, according to these forums, everyone is getting msrp deals.. so i dont see why everyone else is complaining about them ;)
Yeah, nobody would want to admit, hey I'm paying 10-20K over MSRP. We know people will pay it, they just don't want to admit it. I already have a deposit for one at MSRP by the way.....

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
No different than the GT350 or last GT500 when they came out.

OP
OP
likeaboss

likeaboss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Corvette Z51
No different than the GT350 or last GT500 when they came out.
Yup and like pretty much every Mustang they all depreciate just the Shelby's do it a little slower than a regular Stang.

Last edited:

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Yeah, nobody would want to admit, hey I'm paying 10-20K over MSRP. We know people will pay it, they just don't want to admit it. I already have a deposit for one at MSRP by the way.....
You're such a sucker. I'm buying two GT500s, both at invoice. If you can't get an invoice deal on a GT500 you must be a terrible negotiator.

obspsd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keller
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Auto Ruby Red
You're such a sucker. I'm buying two GT500s, both at invoice. If you can't get an invoice deal on a GT500 you must be a terrible negotiator.
That’s nothing, will be getting a carbon fiber track pack GT500 for $30,000 under MSRP. Haha

Melange_X3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
D
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350, 2017 Ford Focus ST, On Order 2020 CTFP Shelby GT 500 with POTTS. Car is released and awaiting shipment. I am running out of time before having to leave for Japan on July 29th.
just called https://www.kearnypearsonford.com/ here in CA and they said $50k ADM. what a joke.
If you can't get one at MSRP then just wait. They will be used ones at CARMAX. The same thing happened with the GT350s. 5000 made per year is enough to satisfy the demand. The GT500 is not a practical car everyone wants to have. There will just be so many who want to have the car first.

5.Oh Crush

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ra
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Most hyped car in history with no performance numbers lol. Dealers are taking advantage of the hysteria but this car, like all others Shelby’s will depreciate. It has gotten out of hand since the 2007 GT500 ADMs. If people are dumb enough to pay it then I can’t fault the dealers. Looking forward to seeing this car.
Yeah, ADMs are out of control. Crazy thing is you can only make that money back if you flip right away, but the taxes. Another thing is some fans think Ford might care about ADMs, when in fact what they are doing now is further fueling ADMs with no perf. #s.
Dealers know they can ask for 50K over right now because they can with no car in sight yet. We all know most will be 20-40 when they hit. Will decease in time. Best bet is to wait for them to hit dealer stock and give them your name for MSRP.

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
Yeah, nobody would want to admit, hey I'm paying 10-20K over MSRP. We know people will pay it, they just don't want to admit it.

I find that so __odd__.

If I was OK with paying ADM, I'd also be OK with disclosing I did. I mean, if you've got some sort of weird guilt about paying ADM ... maybe you shouldn't be doing it.

I buy all sorts of shit that's "overpriced" from the perspective of other people or they simply they don't get it, but it's my thing, so I gladly admit I paid $24 for a 4-pack of beer or $75 for a vintage tube. Granted the cost scale is a bit different, but I totally get it, you want it, that's the cost, it's probably a bit of a misstep from a purely financial standpoint - but if that's offset with walking into your garage and going HOLY SHIT every day, pay that extra $30K and tell us about it :D

Tim_bits

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timmer
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram and 2020 GT500
I find that so __odd__.

If I was OK with paying ADM, I'd also be OK with disclosing I did. I mean, if you've got some sort of weird guilt about paying ADM ... maybe you shouldn't be doing it.

I buy all sorts of shit that's "overpriced" from the perspective of other people or they simply they don't get it, but it's my thing, so I gladly admit I paid $24 for a 4-pack of beer or $75 for a vintage tube. Granted the cost scale is a bit different, but I totally get it, you want it, that's the cost, it's probably a bit of a misstep from a purely financial standpoint - but if that's offset with walking into your garage and going HOLY SHIT every day, pay that extra $30K and tell us about it :D
My theory is that people who have that sort of fuck you money to pay huge ADM do not go onto internet messaging boards to waste time like us peasants do.

Grey03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2017 Raptor, 2021 BMW M340i
I find that so __odd__.

I would say that you are in the minority. Most people don't want to admit it. Which means they think that they are a sucker or got a bad deal and regret the purchase. Personally, it's their money so I don't care one bit what other people pay. Now, I won't pay a penny over MSRP. That's just me, I'm very lucky and have the means to purchase cars like the GT500. But that doesn't mean I'm willing to pay extra for it. I remember when the 07 GT500 came out and I really wanted one. I had an 03 Cobra that I purchased from a local dealer for MSRP and went back to them to see if I could get a 500. Nope, unless I wanted to pay a healthy ADM. I wasn't mad at them, it's a business decision. Checked a ton of different dealers and no dice. So, I didn't end up getting one. Waited a few years and got a 10 GT500 for less than MSRP. I agree if YOU feel it's worth it, go for it and don't worry about what other people pay.

chill66

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2020 Twister Orange GT500
I am one that absolutely refuses to pay over MSRP for any car. Heck, I never paid MSRP for a car up until I bought the GT350 and I've owned a few cars in my life. But, these are exceptional vehicles and unless you want to wait a year or more, that's the best you're going to get at launch, if you're lucky.

I can afford the car at MSRP, but that's about it. I am lucky enough to have an amazing dealership--the same one that sold me the GT350--who is giving me dibs on his first GT500 at MSRP. This dealership didn't just land in my lap, either. Back before the GT350 launch, I called nearly 100 dealerships to find them. I nearly gave up and my wife convinced me to keep calling. No joke, 2 or 3 calls later and it happened. It was a glorious day!

So yes, there are dealerships out there that are not willing to screw their customers, especially those they have a relationship with, and sell the car for MSRP. I'm sure those that are getting these deals are the loudest and/or stand out most on the forums because we are the exception and have no problem bragging about it. lol! Then again, if I could afford to pay a $30k or $50k ADM, I'd be damn sure to brag about that too! But I'm not baller status....yet.

Last edited:

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
@Grey03, same, I tend to underbuy vehicles relative to my financial situation, call it a genetic frugalness that was handed down to me :D

We're also the kind of people who - like in a couple of upcoming trips - will stay at the nicest places, not blink at any kind of consumables, etc. I think I limit myself more with "stuff" vs. experiences, having found later in life that the latter is WAY MORE important. :)