overdrive714

overdrive714

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Terry
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford GT350, 2004 Toyota RAV4, 2006 Triumph Daytona 675
Call me a contrarian, but has anyone considered that the problem might be electrical and that the engine's actually fine? They can turn the engine over manually, so it's not actually seized. When the engine stops running and the starter can't turn it usually means that the battery hasn't been charging and it's dead.

I hope this turns out simpler than it sounds...
Hoping it’s a simple fix too, we’ll see what they dig up next week.
Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
I talked to my neighbor who runs a 15 truck towing operation, flat and heavy. They carry wheel chocks but no ramps. And never heard of doing so. They make no special allowances for low cars and definitely don't give a damn about any car that doesn't cost a quarter mil.

Shift

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford
I talked to my neighbor who runs a 15 truck towing operation, flat and heavy. They carry wheel chocks but no ramps. And never heard of doing so. They make no special allowances for low cars and definitely don't give a damn about any car that doesn't cost a quarter mil.
So the conversation would go something like this:

"Hello, yes do you have a flatbed that can handle a car with low clearance?"
"No, we make no special allowances for low cars. If we rip your bumper off, it's not our fault."
"Ok. I'll call another tow company"

It really is as simple as that. Their demographic may not consist of Any low clearance cars, in that case, they wouldn't be called or asked to come out anyways. Million dollar car or not. I live in a heavily populated city, and in my experience(unfortunately more than once), every flat bed has had ramps. If they didn't, I'm calling another tow company.

DIB2016

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 H.E GT350; 1968 Ford Bronco Sport
Ford should take care of a payment for the engine swap. They covered mine for one months payment.

Sponsored

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Buyback, really? Everone that has an issue wants a buyback. It sucks that you are in this position. In most states, you dont qualify for a buy back. Take the advice of whoever suggested trying to geta payment and a loaner, possibly extended warranty. This one is a fluke. Again, sucks you have to be the one that experiences it. Good luck
He has a legitimate issue and him having owned a GT350 for only 30 days to now have a boat anchor is really a damn shame. I would consider a Buy Back as well. Ford really needs to get to the bottom of the QC issues across the entire S550 platform and more so, why are there still GT350 engine issues and failures in 2019/2020.

Here’s what the OP should do, if he has not already:
1) Call the Ford 800# and get a Regional CSR to establish a Case number. This will expedite his concerns and bump that vehicle to a priority level. Doesn’t matter if the Dealership or Service Center is working on it, what it does is establishes a paper trail and Ford gets involved by making sure that the Customer is being taken care of to make him whole.

2) Demand a loaner vehicle. They should supply the OP with a loaner IF the repair effort will render him without a vehicle for 24-48 hours, especially in a situation such as a major component failure. Even if the OP does not have any extended warranty or ESP plan, he should still be afforded a Ford loaner at no charge for this inconvenience.

3) If the repair efforts will be 30 days or longer, the OP needs to request from his assigned CSR that he wants car payment reimbursement from Ford for the months he was not able to enjoy that vehicle since it’s been inop at the Service Center.

4) Due to being a new GT350 owner, the OP needs to relay to the Ford CSR that he’s totally unhappy with the product, the fact that he bought a brand new vehicle and now it needs a possible engine replacement in only 30 days of ownership. If he voices his displeasure professionally and drives the point across, the Ford CSR will also offer him 2 options of which he can only choose ONE:

A) A Ford ESP plan up to 75k miles. This runs concurrently with the 3/36 B to B, so essentially you’re getting an additional 39k of coverage after the 3/36 runs out.
B) A Ford Maintenance Plan that is good up to 45k miles. This starts the day Ford assigns it to the vehicle VIN if Customer elects the coverage. It comes with free oil changes and other maintenance perks that one would normally have to pay for, but would be covered at no cost under the plan.

5) Since the OP has already laid money out for tint, Ceramic coating or any other type of upgrades and elects to do a Buy Back he will need to provide receipts and see if Ford will reimburse. His situation is unique in that he’s only owned the vehicle for 30 days and had a major failure. Usually this is NOT reimbursable under the Ford RAV Buy Back provisions, but again he’s barely had ownership and they *might* oblige IF he is persistent with the concern in making him whole.

6) In most States to do a Buy Back (Lemon Claim), the owner MUST let the vehicle Manufacturer make an attempt at repair under the new car warranty. In some States, if the vehicle is inop because the repair takes 15 to 30 days, even on the initial claim, that is grounds for instant Buy Back by law.

7) If the OP elects to do a RAV Buy Back, he only has 2 options:
A) Get a total refund and walk away from Ford.
B) Swap of collateral which means he can choose any other new Ford product that is on any Ford Dealer lot in the Country that is equal to the original MSRP of his collateral. This type of Buy Back is strictly MSRP to MSRP, period.

The OP also needs to voice his displeasure to the Ford CSR at not only the fact that he bought a brand new Ford product that has a major manufacturing defect, BUT if he were to keep the vehicle, a replacement engine will affect future resale; his vehicle will no longer be 100% numbers matching. “Numbers matching” may not matter to some, but to others and owning a Shelby, it’s a genuine concern and can affect future resale or trade in value. Ford OASIS retains any Warranty or Service Repair history, which is accessible from ANY Ford Dealership, so an engine replacement will show up.

——
OP:
If you elect to do a Buy Back, DO read up on your State’s Lemon Laws to understand and know what your rights are as a Consumer and what will qualify the vehicle as a Buy Back. Every State has different Lemon Laws. Ford does not and will not deviate from those Lemon Laws.

Search my user ID on here and use terms “RAV”, “RAV Buy Back” or “Lemon” and you’ll find a TON of valuable info I have posted for (and helped) others with such concerns on this site. Also, you don’t need to retain any Lawyer to do a Lemon/Buy Back claim; if you can put together facts, maintain a timeline of events, keep records (phone logs, voicemails, emails, work orders, etc), you’re just as good as any Lawyer.

Sorry to see your new Shelby on the sidelines, but just maintain a courteous, firm but polite professional manner and you’ll come out on top.

OP
OP
overdrive714

overdrive714

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Terry
Vehicle(s)
He has a legitimate issue and him having owned a GT350 for only 30 days to now have a boat anchor is really a damn shame. I would consider a Buy Back as well. Ford really needs to get to the bottom of the QC issues across the entire S550 platform and more so, why are there still GT350 engine issues and failures in 2019/2020.

1) Call the Ford 800# and get a Regional CSR to establish a Case number. This will expedite his concerns and bump that vehicle to a priority level. Doesn’t matter if the Dealership or Service Center is working on it, what it does is establishes a paper trail and Ford gets involved by making sure that the Customer is being taken care of to make him whole.

2) Demand a loaner vehicle. They should supply the OP with a loaner IF the repair effort will render him without a vehicle for 24-48 hours, especially in a situation such as a major component failure. Even if the OP does not have any extended warranty or ESP plan, he should still be afforded a Ford loaner at no charge for this inconvenience.

3) If the repair efforts will be 30 days or longer, the OP needs to request from his assigned CSR that he wants car payment reimbursement from Ford for the months he was not able to enjoy that vehicle since it’s been inop at the Service Center.

4) Due to being a new GT350 owner, the OP needs to relay to the Ford CSR that he’s totally unhappy with the product, the fact that he bought a brand new vehicle and now it needs a possible engine replacement in only 30 days of ownership. If he voices his displeasure professionally and drives the point across, the Ford CSR will also offer him 2 options of which he can only choose ONE:

A) A Ford ESP plan up to 75k miles. This runs concurrently with the 3/36 B to B, so essentially you’re getting an additional 39k of coverage after the 3/36 runs out.
B) A Ford Maintenance Plan that is good up to 45k miles. This starts the day Ford assigns it to the vehicle VIN if Customer elects the coverage. It comes with free oil changes and other maintenance perks that one would normally have to pay for, but would be covered at no cost under the plan.

5) Since the OP has already laid money out for tint, Ceramic coating or any other type of upgrades and elects to do a Buy Back he will need to provide receipts and see if Ford will reimburse. His situation is unique in that he’s only owned the vehicle for 30 days and had a major failure. Usually this is NOT reimbursable under the Ford RAV Buy Back provisions, but again he’s barely had ownership and they *might* oblige IF he is persistent with the concern in making him whole.

6) In most States to do a Buy Back (Lemon Claim), the owner MUST let the vehicle Manufacturer make an attempt at repair under the new car warranty. In some States, if the vehicle is inop because the repair takes 15 to 30 days, even on the initial claim, that is grounds for instant Buy Back by law.

B) Swap of collateral which means he can choose any other new Ford product that is on any Ford Dealer lot in the Country that is equal to the original MSRP of his collateral. This type of Buy Back is strictly MSRP to MSRP, period.

The OP also needs to voice his displeasure to the Ford CSR at not only the fact that he bought a brand new Ford product that has a major manufacturing defect, BUT if he were to keep the vehicle, a replacement engine will affect future resale; his vehicle will no longer be 100% numbers matching. “Numbers matching” may not matter to some, but to others and owning a Shelby, it’s a genuine concern and can affect future resale or trade in value. Ford OASIS retains any Warranty or Service Repair history, which is accessible from ANY Ford Dealership, so an engine replacement will show up.

——
OP:
If you elect to do a Buy Back, DO read up on your State’s Lemon Laws to understand and know what your rights are as a Consumer and what will qualify the vehicle as a Buy Back. Every State has different Lemon Laws. Ford does not and will not deviate from those Lemon Laws.

Search my user ID on here and use terms “RAV”, “RAV Buy Back” or “Lemon” and you’ll find a TON of valuable info I have posted for (and helped) others with such concerns on this site. Also, you don’t need to retain any Lawyer to do a Lemon/Buy Back claim; if you can put together facts, maintain a timeline of events, keep records (phone logs, voicemails, emails, work orders, etc), you’re just as good as any Lawyer.

Sorry to see your new Shelby on the sidelines, but just maintain a courteous, firm but polite professional manner and you’ll come out on top.
Cobra Jet, thank you for this. It’s folks like you that provide newbies like me who provide me valuable guidance and insights on handling matters like this one. I’ll immediately start talking to the CSR today if they’re available. I’ve also started expressing my frustration through their social media outlets in the hopes of gaining more traction to expedite the repair/replacement.

newmoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Cobra, 10 SS, 12 392, 12 5.0
I wonder if Ford has a way of looking at how the vehicle was being used just prior to the issue. Can they map prior data?

JR369

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 Iconic
Electrical.
Leaning this way as well from the story. Of course the oil pressure is going to drop when the engine sputters and quits. Very small chance it's seized at not even been warmed up to operating temp. Seized engines are the result of extreme heat and component expansion. I've had a bad battery in my Boss right out of the gate after purchase. Jumped it and away I went to the dealer to get a replacement. Since it quit on the road during driving, I wonder if it could be the alternator. Uhhg, trouble shooting electrical problems...

svttim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R

——
OP:

Excellent information

Sponsored

Ninjak

Posting from the Shadows
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2019 Harley Davidson F150 68 GTA
Very good info from Cobra Jet. What he says about being professional is true. Barking and yelling does not get people to want to help you even if you feel you have the right to do so. Being clam, steady, but firm will yield you results. Trust me I been down this road as well.

Also it is really seems you may have a electrical issue. If they can turn the engine manually, then it did not lock up. Interesting to see what they will find.

Rubyred17

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Very good info from Cobra Jet. What he says about being professional is true. Barking and yelling does not get people to want to help you even if you feel you have the right to do so. Being clam, steady, but firm will yield you results. Trust me I been down this road as well.

Also it is really seems you may have a electrical issue. If they can turn the engine manually, then it did not lock up. Interesting to see what they will find.
It almost sounds as if the starter is not retracting from the flywheel

key01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 now gone to a great home.
Sorry for your troubles, but your title may be a little premature based on lack of a full diagnosis at this juncture. ENGINE FAILURE I hope it's not.

OP
OP
overdrive714

overdrive714

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Terry
Vehicle(s)
Sorry for your troubles, but your title may be a little premature based on lack of a full diagnosis at this juncture. ENGINE FAILURE I hope it's not.
I’m hoping it’s not as bad as it sounds, but I’m just going off of what the initial assessments were from the repair team when they gave me an update that afternoon. The words “engine seizure” was used in our phone conversation and the battery had checked good. I hope I wasn’t speculating too much but I’ll provide more details when I hear from them coming Tuesday.

DCShelby

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350 Lighting Blue and 2017 Ducati 1299S
If it was seized I doubt they could turn it over by hand.
Sponsored