2020 Shelby GT350 and GT350R Order Guide

Bigron2005

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
aaron
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shelby GT350
Hi Big Ron- glad to see that a person placing an order (relatively) late in the model year is getting a VIN fairly quickly. I ordered a base 350 on 31 JUL (at MSRP) and just got an updated order number yesterday. The first order number I got (on the day I placed my order) never worked at all on the Ford Performance chat site, they always said they didn’t have a record of it in the system there. I got the updated order number from my dealer too late in the day yesterday to check it w Ford Performance, will do so on Monday.

My fingers are crossed that I’ll be a week behind you the whole way, i.e. that I’ll get a VIN by 21 AUG. Can you let me know how your process went, with regard to getting an order number (did you too get a revised order number and then get a VIN a week after that?)

Had the rumor not come out that this was the last year of the GT350, I wouldn’t have tried an order this late in the year. The pandemic chaos can’t be helping either.

So when I used my order sheet and went through ford performance to see where my order was at, because it had been 2 weeks, Ford was like, this order number doesn’t work. Then ironically, the next day, my dealer sent me a picture with my vin. It turned out the order number on the initial order sheet was wrong by comparison to what ford actually gave them.

also, the GT350 won’t be around anymore after this year. Someone found the sheets for next year on what Ford is making and the only 5.2 liter V8 is the GT500 on there. The Mach 1 is taking its place.
Sponsored

Buckwampum

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350 (which replaces my 2011 GT500, which replaced my 2002 Z06)
I would suggest that the last 350 will likely be a Ford exec car, and probably a HEP R. @PP0001 may have more insight on this, which is why I’m eyeballing VIN 2269 closely.
So when I used my order sheet and went through ford performance to see where my order was at, because it had been 2 weeks, Ford was like, this order number doesn’t work. Then ironically, the next day, my dealer sent me a picture with my vin. It turned out the order number on the initial order sheet was wrong by comparison to what ford actually gave them.

also, the GT350 won’t be around anymore after this year. Someone found the sheets for next year on what Ford is making and the only 5.2 liter V8 is the GT500 on there. The Mach 1 is taking its place.
Had kind of the same experience you did, where nothing moved and then suddenly I had an accepted order, a VIN and a scheduled week, all in the span of 48 hours.

I’m VIN 2175, scheduled week of 28 SEP. If all goes well, I can drive it home from the dealership before the snow hits....

Last edited:

Buckwampum

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
I would suggest that the last 350 will likely be a Ford exec car, and probably a HEP R. @PP0001 may have more insight on this, which is why I’m eyeballing VIN 2269 closely.
So now that the VIN spreadsheet shows that 2269 is going to a dealership just west of Seattle, do you think your theory regarding it going to a Ford executive still holds water? I tried the 2270 VIN on the trackmymustang site, swapping in all possible check digits and there is no 2270, at least not yet. With order banks open till October 2nd, I’m guessing they will power on by 2269....

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
So now that the VIN spreadsheet shows that 2269 is going to a dealership just west of Seattle, do you think your theory regarding it going to a Ford executive still holds water? I tried the 2270 VIN on the trackmymustang site, swapping in all possible check digits and there is no 2270, at least not yet. With order banks open till October 2nd, I’m guessing they will power on by 2269....
I honestly have no idea. We shall see.

Buckwampum

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
I honestly have no idea. We shall see.
Wow after corrieb’s “VINmageddon” update this week, I’ll be seeing GT350R’s on every street corner soon.... :crazy:

Sponsored

Buckwampum

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)

Hi Bigron, it looks like a ton of GT350R’s got moved from scheduled to week, to scheduled to day status. Since I ordered about a week after you did, wondering if your “day” status was in the week in October they told you it would be in, or if they moved it to an earlier week?

I think maybe they just schedule all the R cars at once, so that’s why the list of “scheduled to week” VIN’s was culled of just about every 350R and then moved the R’s to “scheduled to day”. Can you share an update on your car?

Bigron2005

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
aaron
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shelby GT350
Hi Bigron, it looks like a ton of GT350R’s got moved from scheduled to week, to scheduled to day status. Since I ordered about a week after you did, wondering if your “day” status was in the week in October they told you it would be in, or if they moved it to an earlier week?

I think maybe they just schedule all the R cars at once, so that’s why the list of “scheduled to week” VIN’s was culled of just about every 350R and then moved the R’s to “scheduled to day”. Can you share an update on your car?
yeah I saw mine was already moved do “day” status but that was Friday and I couldn’t call ford in time. I’m going to ask tomorrow and I’ll let you know!

SHELBY65

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
julian
Vehicle(s)
SHELBY 350R,SHELBY 500GT TRACK, RAPTOR,DODGE DEMON, FERRARI ENZO, 360 STRADALE,,94 TURBO S , 79 TURBO ,
Vehicle Showcase
Wow after corrieb’s “VINmageddon” update this week, I’ll be seeing GT350R’s on every street corner soon.... :crazy:
SO FUNNY

I can imagine going to Walmart and getting in the wrong SHELBY R HERITAGE...LOL

Bigron2005

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
aaron
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shelby GT350

hey so I talked to Ford and my production date went up an entire month to September 16th! My schedule to week was originally 19 October.

Buckwampum

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Ah ok, that’s interesting! Wow you got Xmas in August right there, gaining over a month!! Congrats!

I found out today that I got my scheduled day and I’m 29 September. Scheduled week was 9/28 so it didn't budge. I’m maintaining the consistent ~14 day lag relative to your car, that reflects my order date being ~ 2 weeks after yours. I think maybe they pulled all the R cars up a bit.

Sponsored

anacar312

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
HEP R Chassis LR268
Ah ok, that’s interesting! Wow you got Xmas in August right there, gaining over a month!! Congrats!

I found out today that I got my scheduled day and I’m 29 September. Scheduled week was 9/28 so it didn't budge. I’m maintaining the consistent ~14 day lag relative to your car, that reflects my order date being ~ 2 weeks after yours. I think maybe they pulled all the R cars up a bit.
I placed my order for a Heritage R one week ago today. As of yesterday it was unscheduled material hold.

At least this thread makes the waiting easier!

looking forward you everyone’s updates and the Shelby community in general as I ha e been a die hard Jeep (CJ, JK) guy for the last 20 years... do you guys wave at each other too?

Buckwampum

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Anyone know if or how long you can still order a car?
October 2 is the last day to get an order in. See:
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/2021-mustang-ordering-production-dates.145884/

When I ordered my car, I was physically at the dealership signing paperwork on July 31. Ford didn’t accept my order until August 12. YMMV.

So, not sure if that Oct 2 deadline referenced above is the last date for you to sign an order form or if it’s the last date Ford will accept orders, eg orders that were signed 1-2 weeks before.

Either way you are cutting it close. Might want to head over to the VIN tracking spreadsheet to see what’s already in the pipeline and try to get one that way.
Sponsored