OP
thePill

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
I remember a time not so long ago that a good many people believe that 2017 was it. Shortly afterwards, an engine builder peeped and the contract released stated that improvements were coming. Not only did thePill report that the GT350 would continue, he also specifically mentioned the move to Port Direct Injection... as well as the intial MSRP, the TP went up.

Please, have regards for others. Yes it is speculation, No you don't see any proof, ignore or read and then move on. Who cares if what was discussed was true? Isn't that typically what we want in the information/rumors posted?
Sponsored

OP
OP
thePill

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
I'm think in this is pure speculation... but it is neat to think about the possibilities.

I personally think the Voodoo will go CPC soon.
Homologation no longer requires Ford to run a production engine anymore. Please read the UAW Contract from November 2014. It states that the Voodoo engine (FPC version of the Coyote) will continue until November 2019.

If you examine the document, all the scheduled engine updates have already begun popping up across the lineup.

The CPC 5.2 is a by-product of R&D for a forced induction Coyote that is destined for the hopefully, 2018 GT500. The same reason Ford is sticking with a Voodoo is the same reason the are going Ecoboost for the GT500... because it is special and people cannot duplicate it. As for a 7 liter, I don't think there is time in the S550. Besides, they JUST got the engine to sit on and behind the front axis, I'd need to see measurements before I'd get happy. Ford got too much heat for the Voodoo and it didn't respond to restrictions because it is an advantage in Human Error... far less shifting per lap. So, Ford saved a bunch of $$$ and rode the rulebook to a CPC 5.2. It saves the teams money but does little for the street product in terms of engine/drivetrain.

The base lineup should be GT>GT350>GT500 for some time now... BMW/MC and everyone else has streamlined the naming scheme and that's what Ford wanted. Every 5 years they will indulge in the Retro stuff and get all the holdouts to spend.

In fact, when the S650 comes, look for that Voodoo 5.2 to become a Voodoo 289 making the same 550hp it will when PDI hits the 5.2.

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Carroll Shelbys Soul Lives Under My GT350 Hood
I hope so. An updated GT350 would be awesome. What would fords target competition be though? The Z28 (if it appears)?

I think the voodoo will need 575hp to take care of business. If they can strip out another 50-100lbs using some structural light weighing then yes will be amazing.
That's easy.
537 rwhp with....
Tune
Gas
Headers and x pipe -20 pounds
Forgeline GA1R and Sport cup 2 tires -52 pounds
Rear seat delete and Trunk junk -32 pounds
Braille battery -20 pounds
These alone will drop 124+ pounds.

I've removed over 200 pounds with Recaro spa profi carbon fiber seats -77 pounds (When ever they arrive)

Removing the stock rubber rear IRS cradle and diff bushing (2 pounds each x 8 = 16 pounds)

Ford performance IRS cradle and diff bushings (6 pounds total) weight savings of 10 pounds.

Replaced lower rubber front and rear control arm bushings (2 pounds each x 4 = 8 pounds) to Cortex lower front and rear control arm bearings (1 pound each x 4 = 4 pounds) weight savings of 4 pounds.

czaustin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Manuals and DCT
I don't see the harm with considering what may be in the future for the 350. EVERY car manufacturer is refining what they are offering in order to stay relevant. Its called the free market. Don't shoot the ThePill for having ideas what may be on the horizon. As OrgTang stated, if you guys have any other ideas about what may be coming... bring it. Its all conjecture at this point anyway. Seems like some of you just want to antagonize people for expressing their thoughts.

L8APEX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT, '20 Raptor
The only thing I can speculate that will probably happen is the full digital dash as in the 2018s. I can't see any reason why the gt350 wouldnt get it

Sponsored

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
Homologation no longer requires Ford to run a production engine anymore. Please read the UAW Contract from November 2014. It states that the Voodoo engine (FPC version of the Coyote) will continue until November 2019.

If you examine the document, all the scheduled engine updates have already begun popping up across the lineup.

The CPC 5.2 is a by-product of R&D for a forced induction Coyote that is destined for the hopefully, 2018 GT500. The same reason Ford is sticking with a Voodoo is the same reason the are going Ecoboost for the GT500... because it is special and people cannot duplicate it. As for a 7 liter, I don't think there is time in the S550. Besides, they JUST got the engine to sit on and behind the front axis, I'd need to see measurements before I'd get happy. Ford got too much heat for the Voodoo and it didn't respond to restrictions because it is an advantage in Human Error... far less shifting per lap. So, Ford saved a bunch of $$$ and rode the rulebook to a CPC 5.2. It saves the teams money but does little for the street product in terms of engine/drivetrain.

The base lineup should be GT>GT350>GT500 for some time now... BMW/MC and everyone else has streamlined the naming scheme and that's what Ford wanted. Every 5 years they will indulge in the Retro stuff and get all the holdouts to spend.

In fact, when the S650 comes, look for that Voodoo 5.2 to become a Voodoo 289 making the same 550hp it will when PDI hits the 5.2.
You forgot one big variable... 50th anniversary of the Mustang. It is the longest, continuous running model in production (IINM).

All bets are off as to what will roll out the door.

Bossing

attacks tracks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just can't get enuff!
Leaving 2019 aside, is 2018 gt350 even confirmed
Not yet... but not denied neither. I chatted with Jim Owens and other FP folks for quite some time at the Ford Skybox this past weekend's Barrett-Jackson in Palm Beach and the common denominator is they have not officially revealed if a MY2018 GT350 will indeed be produced or not. Soon we'll all know.

Although one FP person did say that if it continues (and many of us think it will) for one more year then there's a chance it will wear a facelifted design obviously focused on Ford's current GT350 Shelby theme... at a minimum according to FP, particularly the redesigned headlights will be adopted like on the MY2018 that was displayed. We'll see whether true or false.
IMG_1154.JPG

Sponsored

firestarter2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR G350 Track
Not yet... but not denied neither. I chatted with Jim Owens and other FP folks for quite some time at the Ford Skybox this past weekend's Barrett-Jackson in Palm Beach and the common denominator is they have not officially revealed if a MY2018 GT350 will indeed be produced or not. Soon we'll all know.

Although one FP person did say that if it continues (and many of us think it will) for one more year then there's a chance it will wear a facelifted design obviously focused on Ford's current GT350 Shelby theme... at a minimum according to FP, particularly the redesigned headlights will be adopted like on the MY2018 that was displayed.
I think there is very little chance of a facelifted GT350. It will stay the same or they wont make a 2018.. The GT350 is unique from the A pillar forward skin wise.

Im leaning towards no GT350 with the GT500 imminent. The GT350 isnt a match for the new Camaro. I know they sent out the dealer 2018 shelby program sign up but they may do that out of habit or just say you will get GT500s instead.

I do not see ford running the GT350 and the GT500 at the same time.

As always this is just a guess.

OP
OP
thePill

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
Man, I can't stress this enough...

The GT350 and the Flat Plane Crank V8 will continue until MY2020 and likely continue into the S650.

Unless the Contract was null and void for some reason but that isn't the case.

OP
OP
thePill

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550

Although one FP person did say that if it continues (and many of us think it will) for one more year then there's a chance it will wear a facelifted design obviously focused on Ford's current GT350 Shelby theme... at a minimum according to FP, particularly the redesigned headlights will be adopted like on the MY2018 that was displayed. We'll see whether true or false.
If they spend the $$$ to refresh, it is here to stay.

Besides, there is a working Direct Port Injection Voodoo on the way... why spend the $$$ just to leave that engine sit?

OP
OP
thePill

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
You forgot one big variable... 50th anniversary of the Mustang. It is the longest, continuous running model in production (IINM).

All bets are off as to what will roll out the door.
The GT>GT350>GT500 lineup was decided on looooong ago and reported here.

The only deviation we will see is a Mach 1 using a Supercharged Coyote for its 55th BD and maybe a Bullett this year.

The base lineup has already been decided on.

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
I think there is very little chance of a facelifted GT350. It will stay the same or they wont make a 2018.. The GT350 is unique from the A pillar forward skin wise.

Im leaning towards no GT350 with the GT500 imminent. The GT350 isnt a match for the new Camaro. I know they sent out the dealer 2018 shelby program sign up but they may do that out of habit or just say you will get GT500s instead.

I do not see ford running the GT350 and the GT500 at the same time.

As always this is just a guess.
Hard to imagine that Ford would have their area customer service reps handing out 2018MY R allocations to Ford dealerships over the last 3 or 4 weeks when they aren't building a 2018 GT350/GT350R.

Ford will build a 2018 GT350/GT350R but I suspect that production numbers for the 2018MY may be low based on delayed production startup (~2 months later than last year) along with the fact that the FR assembly plant cannot support production for a redesigned 2018 Mustang, 2018 GT350/R and the 2018 Lincoln/Lincoln Continental model let alone a possible 2018/2019 GT500/GT500KR/Mach 1 or whatever their next model is coming out of FR.

With respect to a face lift for the 2018MY Shelby's it will not happen.
Sponsored