Sponsored

2020 Shelby GT350 and GT350R Order Guide

CliffClavin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Van down by the river
My uninformed guess is that it will get a GT500'ish front splitter, spoiler, and possibly the exposed carbon wheels. I keep going back and forth on trying to track down a '19 vs wait for the '20 myself. My decision is being made slightly easier as nearly all of the dealers are still marking up the R. I have found a couple for MSRP, but not in the color combo I'm looking for.
Sponsored

orangegrower

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 - 2019 Aston Martin Vantage - 2019 Ranger Lariat

CliffClavin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Van down by the river
Yeah, but I'm hoping people will be so enamored with the GT500 and the C8, that the R can still be had at MSRP. I may have a 2019 by then anyway so who knows.

LastV8

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
1993 Fox 306, 2020 301A PP2
Vehicle Showcase
I'm with you bud. On the flip side though I just purchased a 2019 R and am in the process of having it transported to me, but can't help hoping I don't regret it in case the apparent updates to the R-package are significant enough to make me feel dumb for pulling the trigger too soon.
Yup. I am in Canada (not sure if you are) and a 2019 Velocity Blue one (slightly below MSRP) SOLD. FUCK ADM, I want to pay UNDER. On your flip side I'll feel like I'll have regret by not getting a "cheap" R and then looking to pay 5K USD more for the "same" car (though, Iconic Silver is THE best color, hands down).

Another thing being in Canada... and looking to go to Chevy is that on the Shelby GT350R the CAD price very much reflects the usd to cad exchange rate (@92K CAD)... Where as the Camaro on the ZL1 1LE does not (about same american price but in CAD is 82K!) To BOOT, Chevy is willing to knock 4-5K more off that! AND .99% Financing.

Like, it's "nice" that these are limited edition, special, ect...But 5th year of building the GT350R? Made rare by not giving all dealers (eligible) one. This shit show is just that, turning into smoke and mirrors and people... Keep in mind there is still no numbers out for the GT500 (weight and performance)... But yeah, that "track pack" is going to be rare! ON purpose / by design.

SlowPanda

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2007 STI, 2019 GT350R
Yup. I am in Canada (not sure if you are) and a 2019 Velocity Blue one (slightly below MSRP) SOLD. FUCK ADM, I want to pay UNDER. On your flip side I'll feel like I'll have regret by not getting a "cheap" R and then looking to pay 5K USD more for the "same" car (though, Iconic Silver is THE best color, hands down).

Another thing being in Canada... and looking to go to Chevy is that on the Shelby GT350R the CAD price very much reflects the usd to cad exchange rate (@92K CAD)... Where as the Camaro on the ZL1 1LE does not (about same american price but in CAD is 82K!) To BOOT, Chevy is willing to knock 4-5K more off that! AND .99% Financing.

Like, it's "nice" that these are limited edition, special, ect...But 5th year of building the GT350R? Made rare by not giving all dealers (eligible) one. This shit show is just that, turning into smoke and mirrors and people... Keep in mind there is still no numbers out for the GT500 (weight and performance)... But yeah, that "track pack" is going to be rare! ON purpose / by design.

I'm in California but am originally from Toronto and go back often. CAD exchange has never been kind to me nor has it with most people I know who have been back and fourth between countries. I thought that with the entry of the S550 into the European market that it would make availability more abundant for those north of the border, but I've been from Vancouver to Montreal and honestly don't even see many ecoboost's around let alone GT's. I'd be lucky to see a GT350. I did however spot a shadow black R about two months ago when I was in Toronto and it was honestly the first mustang I had seen in Canada all year. I should check to see if there is a black R owner registered from Canda on here. How's the mustang scene in Winnipeg?

Also, GM sales let alone Chevy sales have been on a heavy decline for years in the Canadian Market. Well, more than every other automaker that is. I imagine Ford is kept afloat by their F150 sales which is pretty much their bread and butter anyway.

Sponsored

LastV8

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I'm in California but am originally from Toronto and go back often. CAD exchange has never been kind to me nor has it with most people I know who have been back and fourth between countries. I thought that with the entry of the S550 into the European market that it would make availability more abundant for those north of the border, but I've been from Vancouver to Montreal and honestly don't even see many ecoboost's around let alone GT's. I'd be lucky to see a GT350. I did however spot a shadow black R about two months ago when I was in Toronto and it was honestly the first mustang I had seen in Canada all year. I should check to see if there is a black R owner registered from Canda on here. How's the mustang scene in Winnipeg?

Also, GM sales let alone Chevy sales have been on a heavy decline for years in the Canadian Market. Well, more than every other automaker that is. I imagine Ford is kept afloat by their F150 sales which is pretty much their bread and butter anyway.

YES, exchange rate is not kind for us right now. TANKED shortly after the summer of 2014... which for me, was a good thing (for other reasons). However it does not help me with the purchase of a new Mustang (either GT PP2 or GT350R)... PLENTY of EcoBoosts at all my local dealers, infact that seems to be all those bastards have! Each of them have like 6-12 of them then one or two GTs with garbage options... So, if I am indeed going to buy a PP2 - it'll likely be an order or out of province purchase. I don't like the one dealer (and on dealer) here that is enrolled in the Shelby Program, so for that too I am looking elsewhere and seeing what my options are. Not liking it.

CHEVY though, wow, is NOT humping me via exchange rate and making it VERY welcoming to squeeze into their cars! Too boot they have an employee-discount because of where I work (1% above cost!!! Even on the ZL1 1LE!) I can literally buy the car cheaper with the 12% sales tax than I can a 350R before the tax! This is a VERY hard thing to keep on being a "Ford fanboi" even with entertaining a PP2 and Supercharging + Mods :/ It's hard to deny. The C8 is also another consideration...

Not sure on the secens here, Sunday (cruise nights) are still happening, and there is a love for cars in my town (Winnipeg). I work shift work and own a broken down Fox - so I don't gt out much. (Before asking, I would rebuild it, but the way I want to is 30-40K+ and I just don't want to soak that kind of capitol into a Fox).

It comes down to PP2, 350R, or the ZL1 1LE for me. Primarily because these are all offered in a Manual and I like all 3 of course. I lean towards Mustang but yeah, going back to the whole point of the disgruntlement is the pricing (currently and the anticipated "future" pricing). So, I am hoping I'll know by December which way to go and which to order...

LastV8

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I did however spot a shadow black R about two months ago when I was in Toronto and it was honestly the first mustang I had seen in Canada all year. I should check to see if there is a black R owner registered from Ca
Funny enough: https://www.kijiji.ca/v-view-details.html?adId=1445052193 80K CAD with 3M / Coating. That is about 20K cheaper and it's been forsale for a while. So, while NEW cars are selling the used are not so much... even at a discount. OK price, but I myself still wouldn't pay it for Black, just not my color...

SlowPanda

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2007 STI, 2019 GT350R
YES, exchange rate is not kind for us right now. TANKED shortly after the summer of 2014... which for me, was a good thing (for other reasons). However it does not help me with the purchase of a new Mustang (either GT PP2 or GT350R)... PLENTY of EcoBoosts at all my local dealers, infact that seems to be all those bastards have! Each of them have like 6-12 of them then one or two GTs with garbage options... So, if I am indeed going to buy a PP2 - it'll likely be an order or out of province purchase. I don't like the one dealer (and on dealer) here that is enrolled in the Shelby Program, so for that too I am looking elsewhere and seeing what my options are. Not liking it.

CHEVY though, wow, is NOT humping me via exchange rate and making it VERY welcoming to squeeze into their cars! Too boot they have an employee-discount because of where I work (1% above cost!!! Even on the ZL1 1LE!) I can literally buy the car cheaper with the 12% sales tax than I can a 350R before the tax! This is a VERY hard thing to keep on being a "Ford fanboi" even with entertaining a PP2 and Supercharging + Mods :/ It's hard to deny. The C8 is also another consideration...

Not sure on the secens here, Sunday (cruise nights) are still happening, and there is a love for cars in my town (Winnipeg). I work shift work and own a broken down Fox - so I don't gt out much. (Before asking, I would rebuild it, but the way I want to is 30-40K+ and I just don't want to soak that kind of capitol into a Fox).

It comes down to PP2, 350R, or the ZL1 1LE for me. Primarily because these are all offered in a Manual and I like all 3 of course. I lean towards Mustang but yeah, going back to the whole point of the disgruntlement is the pricing (currently and the anticipated "future" pricing). So, I am hoping I'll know by December which way to go and which to order...

I think you'll be in a much better position for MSRP or below around that time of the year. Just boils down to whether or not the one you want is still in stock somewhere.

SlowPanda

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2007 STI, 2019 GT350R
Funny enough: https://www.kijiji.ca/v-view-details.html?adId=1445052193 80K CAD with 3M / Coating. That is about 20K cheaper and it's been forsale for a while. So, while NEW cars are selling the used are not so much... even at a discount. OK price, but I myself still wouldn't pay it for Black, just not my color...

Wow, 80K CAD @ 5700KM is roughly 60K USD @ 3500 miles. For a 350R with low miles that isn't bad at all. Then again, nothing else loads for me with that link other than the title and information. Either way, you want what you want. I love black cars in general but really wanted a Ruby Red R. Settled in looking for a black once since ruby red was so difficult to lock down and was no longer available for MY20, only to find a brand new 2019 Ruby Red R posted by a member on here who gave it up for a GT500 allocation. Funny how things work out.

What color combo and options are you looking for? As a new member I'm still surprised how many solid leads are on here. Granted the ol' bait and switch can happen at any time, there looks to still be dealerships who sell at MSRP and many eventually below that. I'm sure you'd be able to track down the one you want with the help of some of the people and leads in this forum.

Best of luck.

LastV8

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Wow, 80K CAD @ 5700KM is roughly 60K USD @ 3500 miles. For a 350R with low miles that isn't bad at all. Then again, nothing else loads for me with that link other than the title and information. Either way, you want what you want. I love black cars in general but really wanted a Ruby Red R. Settled in looking for a black once since ruby red was so difficult to lock down and was no longer available for MY20, only to find a brand new 2019 Ruby Red R posted by a member on here who gave it up for a GT500 allocation. Funny how things work out.

What color combo and options are you looking for? As a new member I'm still surprised how many solid leads are on here. Granted the ol' bait and switch can happen at any time, there looks to still be dealerships who sell at MSRP and many eventually below that. I'm sure you'd be able to track down the one you want with the help of some of the people and leads in this forum.

Best of luck.

It's not a horrible price, I know there was another fella who picked up a 2018 for 81,500 with half the mileage.

Hah! Ruby Red is the only color I would not want (myself) and yet you're not the first to super-want it! The local dealer here had a Black one and then a Ruby Red in 2018, if it honestly was a different color, I might have moved on it!

I DO think for sure people are GT350(R) fatigued, to buy it new, with a price hike (and no changes?) is fucking nuts - and I'll indeed PASS if that is the case. Too boot, everyone gogogoo gagga over the 500 coming - which doesn't interest me and people forget (it seems) of WHAT the hype on the 350(R)s were... so, maybe it's just smoke and mirrors.

Sponsored

LastV8

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

Best of luck.

Oh! I forgot to add! Iconic Silver, Blacked Out Roof, Black Stripes, Carbon Fiber Panel (seeing how I actually wanted the PLAIN Brush Aluminum from the GT, even considering swapping in the panel after market in lieu of doing the CF. Why? I cherish the look from the 67s which IMHO has the best exterior and interior of any car ever made).

Avalanche Grey was the best color imo before Iconic Silver combo, infact, that color almost made me tempted to buy a GT500... but since it's offered on a 2020 GT350R, all the better.

I'd skip the Electronics Package. 2 USD or 4K CAD! (plus of course 12% taxes)... For what you get, NOT the way I'd go seeing how A/C is standard and there is a good enough (for me) stereo in it. Of course, that all could change if they add to the package, but I assume they won't and hence I'd opt not to get it.

5.Oh Crush

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ra
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I couldn't find it, but is there a backseat option for the R in 2019 or 2020? Since there will be an electronics add in 2020. Thanks.

CliffClavin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Van down by the river
No backseat option. It was discontinued as an aftermarket addition as well so if you want it, you would need to source the parts separately.

guzie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT350, 2019 Mustang GT
I’m looking for dealers with 2020 GT350R allocations that I can order one how I want it. Possible? I have a 2017 GT350 that I love but I am tempted to jump into a 2020 model. Anyone have any info? I am good at sticker but no ADM. I won’t go there.

Mikefd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2004 mystichrome cobra, 20 twister orange350R
2020 isn’t so bad! I have an R on order in the exact color/ specifications I want- obviously 19’s are still on showroom floors have the best bang for your buck, but I can wait patiently for mine to arrive when ever it does- like some on here said what’s a few grand at 70+k to get what you want you know?
Sponsored