Sponsored

2020 Mustang GT Premium PP complete engine failure at 1800 miles.

OP
OP
GW68

GW68

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium PP2
They owe you a replacement engine, in a timely manner, and nothing more.

Don't let your ego/emotions run this, stick with the facts.

No, you're not getting a $10K crate engine out of this. :cwl: :cwl:

Be prepared to be in a rental for a long time, as replacement engines might be scarce.
If it were you would you have any preference as to a short block or a long block. Will I have any say in that matter?
Sponsored

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
If it were you would you have any preference as to a short block or a long block. Will I have any say in that matter?
You have no say in the matter. They have to make your car run properly, as it was designed, but you don't get to chose how they do it.

OP
OP
GW68

GW68

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
You have no say in the matter. They have to make your car run properly, as it was designed, but you don't get to chose how they do it.
Well, that’s depressing. The responses I’m getting vary all the way from getting a new car to I have no say in the matter.

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
Well, that’s depressing. The responses I’m getting vary all the way from getting a new car to I have no say in the matter.
Occam's Razor.

At this point, you have no choice. Don't pay any attention to the rest of the babble.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
You won't get a new car - unless your Home State Lemon Law provisions are met, period.

Doesn't matter who the Dealership is or how well of a rapport the Customer has with them - cars aren't swapped or replaced due to warranty issues and a hand shake. The Dealership has to follow all guidelines per Ford Corp. regarding warranty repairs and/or RAV Buy Back protocols.

As far as what is done for the warranty repair - it's true, you don't have a say. The Ford Service Center will do the diagnostics, determine the failure, if the failure results in needing a XYZ replaced and that value is significant, the Service Center gets authorization from Ford to proceed with the warranty work (IE: significant meaning an engine replacement such as a short block or long block). If after the repair is completed, in many instances the customer is made whole. In some instances, if the Customer is not satisfied they can elevate the concern via the Ford 800#.

Again to reiterate the above for clarity - the only way an individual would get a vehicle replacement is only IF their Home State Lemon Law provisions are met by the requirements and subclauses noted within those laws.

It's unfortunate you're having issues and there's a delay getting it to the shop. If you're wanting to getting it there sooner, that is what the Ford 800# is there for - Customer relations and concerns.

Sponsored

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT/A 301A 5.0
Sounds like they will have it over 30 days. If they do, you have a say. You can at that point request a lemon law buy back.

Biggus Dickus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
G
Vehicle(s)
Focus RS, Mustang GT, MME GTPE
Occam's Razor.

At this point, you have no choice. Don't pay any attention to the rest of the babble.
Really - enjoy the rental and let go of the result until you get to the result.

Maybe they'll put an LSX in it.:giggle:

ORRadtech

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang EcoBoost convertible, 14 Ford Fusion SE
And, as with everything, the truth probably lies somewhere in the middle.
The fact is you probably won't get a new car out of it unless you take the repaired car and trade it in for new. You will end up with a car that's repaired to your satisfaction, meaning restored to proper working condition with no other damage or problems caused by the repair shop.
While there are rules and procedures that Ford and their dealers have to follow I'm 100% sure there is leeway in those rules that allow the dealer to personalize their response to any given repair. Once they have a diagnosis and estimate for your car there's nothing stopping you from having a calm, reasonable conversation with them about what you would like to have the repair include. Your relationship with the dealer and your neighbor may be of help with that, an angry confrontation will not.
I would take the advice of contacting Ford and opening a ticket on the issue though.

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
Keep in mind depending on the issue you may not receive a full motor. If it’s a spun bearing they’ll only work on the bottom end and you’ll keep your head and valve train. They won’t pay to replace parts that aren’t broke or didn’t contribute to the issue.

Porsche Dude

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP 2, 2004 Porsche Boxster S
My Ford dealer is very reputable, however their service department has grown exponentially in the last two years and I have no idea how the new hires play into that.
I doubt that a new hire will be doing the job on your car, that will go to the most experienced and dependable tech's. With what warranty pays a dealer on warrantable repairs, a dealer cannot afford to do it twice.

Don't be the guy who comes in huffing an puffing, reading from the internet, nobody likes to deal with them. Treat as you would like to be treated and everything will be fine.

Sponsored

Milton

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sqeekywheel
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gt premium PP1
I doubt that a new hire will be doing the job on your car, that will go to the most experienced and dependable tech's. With what warranty pays a dealer on warrantable repairs, a dealer cannot afford to do it twice.

Don't be the guy who comes in huffing an puffing, reading from the internet, nobody likes to deal with them. Treat as you would like to be treated and everything will be fine.
It most likely will not be the best tech for the job since those jobs pay little under warranty. The more talented techs won't want to loose on a warranty replacement engine.
Sadly lt may be an apprentice doing the bulk of the work.
Ford doesn't have a say I whom the dealer selecrs to do the job. That's at the dealers discretion and as far as comebacks it will be a finger pointing game at that point.

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
Also, being objective, you have no idea of what is wrong with the car.

Let us know what they find, and keep us up-to-date on how the repairs go.

Do so by adding new posts to this thread, not starting another.

OP
OP
GW68

GW68

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
Also, being objective, you have no idea of what is wrong with the car.

Let us know what they find, and keep us up-to-date on how the repairs go.

Do so by adding new posts to this thread, not starting another.
Will do.

Gearjunkie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium PP 5.0 MT82
Sorry to hear you had issues with the coyote, and can’t get over how quick some people are to overreact, contact your lawyer Now and walk into the dealership with your lawyer, 2 armed guards, a pair of barking German shepherds and maybe weapons drawn, haha unreal…. I bet his dealer must just love him, wow. I have to agree call Ford to start a claim and get a file number. Rather than worrying about new engine, short block, long block etc, why don’t you relax and trust your dealer and Ford and Wait until they start pulling that engine down to see where it failed…..then let your dealer (again, trust them) advise you from there what they suggest, either way it sucks big time they don’t already have the engine in a bay and figured out and whatever needs to be ordered in progress, but hey, be thankful you have full warranty so stop worrying until they know what’s wrong. Keep us posted and good luck. Be good to your dealer and don’t be like some clowns demanding and threatening unless it comes to that. No one likes an idiot customer. Have faith man.

OP
OP
GW68

GW68

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
I met with my Ford dealer today. It looks as if my case may be expedited and I am very hopeful of getting a new engine if everything falls into place. The correct people were at the dealership today which really worked in my favor.

We will see. I will continue to keep y’all informed.
Sponsored