marklboris

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
______ '20 Shelby GT500 FPB '21 Mach-E GTPE IS
Vehicle Showcase
I hope it goes quickly and smoothly tomorrow and, that the weather is cooperative.

As we always say...photos, photos, photos..when you can. :-)
Today is the first day it hasn't rained since I picked up the car from the dealer on Tuesday. These last three days gave me time to install the front splitter, CFTP front springs, rear sway bar, oil separator, resonator x-pipe delete, fix the engine heater hose issue and sound deaden the roof and doors. Got the windows tinted this morning and I'm going to finish up the deadening on the floor and trunk this weekend along with detailing the car (I've only washed it). Here is a couple of quick phone photos.

IMG_0651.jpeg
IMG_0653.jpeg

OP
OP
Snoopy49

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT500 - SOLD and 2020 GT500 - SOLD
Status Updates:

Congratulations Arthur and Gomezra :dance::dance::dance::dance:

@casper893 - Received - In Transit

Your car has been received by a carrier for final delivery to your dealer.
Your car may already be delivered or will be shortly.

@Gomezra - Shipped Rail

dancing-baby-east.gif
dancing-baby-west.gif

OP
OP
Snoopy49

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT500 - SOLD and 2020 GT500 - SOLD
Ordered: 12/10/2019
Build Date: 05/25
Homer City, Pa
Base, Race Red, Black Roof, Recaro Seats, CF Instrument Panel, Tech Package, Handling Package, Red Cobra Cover
Mike, Welcome to Mustang6G.
You are on the list.

marklboris

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
What a beautiful Mustang, Mark! And man, you were BUSY, dude, count me impressed!

I'm curious about the sound deadening, what are you using?
Long before my car ever arrived, I had ordered and received all the items I wanted to install so waisted no time in doing it. I still have the dash pieces to replace (they are covered in Alcantara) but not doing that until I get the console items back from Phil that he is covering in Alcantara. I also will be taking the seats to an upholstery shop to have the seat heaters installed. I have done this myself before but I don't want to mess with the Recaro seats.

Speaking of which, while I really like the Recaro's, (I get them in all my cars) I am very disappointed in the fact that there is very little leather on them. They are listed as "Leather Trimmed Recaro Sport Seats" and the ONLY leather on those seats is the part the cobra is on and the head rest patch just above that. No where else on that seat is leather the rest is vinyl besides the cloth center sections. I keep referring back to my Focus RS but those Recaro's had the same center section in cloth just like these but all of the bottom and back side bolsters and front edging of the seats where very nice leather. Not to mention those Recaro's had 6 way power adjustments, power lumbar support and were heated.

About the sound deadening, first wanted to say I am not interested in saving weight as much as I am having a car that does not sound like a tin can when closing doors, rains on the roof, road noise, etc. So adding 50 lbs of sound deadening material all over the car is fine with me if I can make the car quieter and more quality feeling. Above all though, the sound system (any sound system) is greatly improved when you add sound deadening. I have used many many products in the past and too many to list here but I am just going with Dynamat and Dynapad materials. I dropped the headliner and installed Dynamat and then 1/8" Dynapad over that. The doors got the same but used 1/4" Dynapad inside. Makes for a much better sounding speaker box than a tinny sounding metal door with no interior sound absorption. The trunk area and floor will get Dynamat and the trunk 1/4" Dynapad while the floor 1/8".

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
Holy SMOKE, Mark...thanks a BUNCH for all that information. Me thinks you may suffer from OCD as I do. <smile> But for sure you would have (or did) make Eagle Scout! <bigger smile>

I'll check into Dynamat but I already like the er...sound of it. <laughing> (I am, without a doubt, my own best audience.)

How difficult was it to pull the head liner? The rest I think I can manage.

Thanks again..

marklboris

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Holy SMOKE, Mark...thanks a BUNCH for all that information. Me thinks you may suffer from OCD as I do. <smile> But for sure you would have (or did) make Eagle Scout! <bigger smile>

I'll check into Dynamat but I already like the er...sound of it. <laughing> (I am, without a doubt, my own best audience.)

How difficult was it to pull the head liner? The rest I think I can manage.

Thanks again..
Oh, yes, I have OCD like you. Did you see my post here: #248. The headliner was a pain to drop and did not drop the entire thing (didn't need to to get to everything). You have to remove the sun visors (stupid clip attachment instead of a typical screw) and the upper console (again, stupid clips that are a pain to remove). Pull both A-Pillars and the weather-stripping and the top section of the B-Pillars. Some of the wiring is glued to the headliner on the front passenger side so you have to remove it. This is not a job for someone that has never done it before but I have done quite a few.

VERN

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
VERN
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT 500
Today is the first day it hasn't rained since I picked up the car from the dealer on Tuesday. These last three days gave me time to install the front splitter, CFTP front springs, rear sway bar, oil separator, resonator x-pipe delete, fix the engine heater hose issue and sound deaden the roof and doors. Got the windows tinted this morning and I'm going to finish up the deadening on the floor and trunk this weekend along with detailing the car (I've only washed it). Here is a couple of quick phone photos.

IMG_0651.jpeg
IMG_0653.jpeg

VERN

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
VERN
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT 500
That is build with FPB.. I hope to see it some day. I love it.

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
Dave: You did just fine on the photos. <smile> And she's beeyooteeful! Detailing did a very nice job from what I can see.

So, is that a Citation in the hangar and regardless, does it happen to be yours?

CaptDave

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
'21 Grabber Yellow GT500 CFTP, '23 F150 King Ranch
Capt, I love the red with black roof, and no stripes. Looks awesome.
Thanks. I went back and forth over black roof or stripes. I’m happy with my decision.

Dave: You did just fine on the photos. <smile> And she's beeyooteeful! Detailing did a very nice job from what I can see.

So, is that a Citation in the hangar and regardless, does it happen to be yours?
Detailer did solid for me. He’s been doing it for 30+ years, and only works on one car at a time.

It’s a Beechjet actually, BE400. Nah, not mine; owned by the company I work for. Maybe one day it’ll be mine. In the meantime I just have fun flying it, and using the spacious hanger to work on the car, haha.