2020 GT500's Scheduled For Production - Part 2

TomLake

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2019 Bullitt, 2017 Shelby GT350
For any of you guys with completed cars, awaiting shipment, there's not much good news. I checked with
Ford Perf. by email & this was Tony's reply:

I did check myself and the car is released (as of March 22nd). Being still at the plant without an assignment, I do not know if this vehicle is going to ship or be waiting for the plant to open. All North American Ford plants are closed down at this time and I don’t think Flat Rock is slated to open until after April 20th. This may be subject to change depending on how the Corona Virus behaves.
I would give us a check back in a week or two and see if it has started to move. If we don’t see any movement, I would anticipate it being there until the plant re-opens.

I'm having a wonderful vision of my car sitting in that large lot, north of the FRAP during hail season in the
midwest. This makes the part 1 guys cars sitting on the trains look kind of tame.
I think everyone should expect at least 30 days to be added to your build dates.

https://www.autoblog.com/2020/04/01/coronavirus-ford-flatrock-assembly-plant-respirators/

Check this out...........

OP
OP
Snoopy49

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT500 - SOLD and 2020 GT500 - SOLD
Status Update:

Congratulations JJ :dance::dance::dance::dance:

@Lakeworthjd - Received - In Transit
Your car arrived at the end of the rail, was unloaded and has been received by a trucking company for final delivery to your dealer. It may already be sitting at your dealer.

dancing-baby-east.gif
dancing-baby-west.gif

Melmark93

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mel
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 Kona/White stripes, 93 MarkVIII Vortech, 94 Mark VIII, 13 MKS Ecoboost
Here's hoping.......
Hope is all that's left of this screwed up process. We ordered one day from each other, your vin is about half of mine (1585), my car went through the plant one day ahead (on each step) and made it to Released/Awaiting Shipment (3/24). When they slammed the door on the last day, we were both on the wrong side of the fence. Nothing will move until state of Michigan opens back up, maybe on April 14th.

chief_charlie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
Lots of late-model Mustangs
Hope is all that's left of this screwed up process. We ordered one day from each other, your vin is about half of mine (1585), my car went through the plant one day ahead (on each step) and made it to Released/Awaiting Shipment (3/24). When they slammed the door on the last day, we were both on the wrong side of the fence. Nothing will move until state of Michigan opens back up, maybe on April 14th.
Yep...Mine is likely stuck in the Mod Shop awaiting it's stripes and CF pieces.....Oh well......

OP
OP
Snoopy49

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
Congrats, JJ.

Getting down towards tail end Charlie, Earl. :-( Do you have a feel for how many more might make it to Delivered?
This is from the list of members with scheduled cars part 2.

There are:
2 that have been Released from the Plant for shipment
0 that been received for shipment
5 that have been shipped
1 that has Arrived Rail
2 that have been Received for final delivery

It doesn't look like much is happening at the plant as far as shipping, so I don't hold out much hope for the ones that have been released for shipment.

The 5 that have been shipped are a question mark. Some of them seem to be making little or no progress. I don't know what affect this virus is having on the railroads, but I think it has slowed everything down. I am not sure if the shipping of new cars is essential.

Up until today there was 1 arrived rail and 1 received In Transit that have just been sitting for no apparent reason. Dealer shut down or trucking companies short of staff or shut down?

I hope the one that was received today has been delivered or will be shortly.

The times are not so good.

Melmark93

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mel
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 Kona/White stripes, 93 MarkVIII Vortech, 94 Mark VIII, 13 MKS Ecoboost
Yep...Mine is likely stuck in the Mod Shop awaiting it's stripes and CF pieces.....Oh well......
The Mod Shop is the killer, mine sat there for 19-21 days just waiting for vinyl stripes.

OP
OP
Snoopy49

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
The problem with the Mod Center is that your car goes to the end of a very long line of Mustangs when it comes off the assembly line. Every Mustang that has vinyl stripes goes through the Mod Center. That's the bottle neck at the end of the line.

Lakeworthjd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JJ
Vehicle(s)
2013 Roush Stage 3
Status Update:

Congratulations JJ :dance::dance::dance::dance:

@Lakeworthjd - Received - In Transit
Your car arrived at the end of the rail, was unloaded and has been received by a trucking company for final delivery to your dealer. It may already be sitting at your dealer.

dancing-baby-east.gif
dancing-baby-west.gif
Thanks Earl... It's almost here and I really appreciate everything you do for all of us... My dealer told me it will most likely be Monday, they don't get deliveries on the weekends.