2020 GT500's Scheduled For Production - Part 2

Pollman15

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JESSE
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Great work Earl on your research for CTFP cars.......

So it looks like it may be a while before cars currently in Production or Produced but getting stripes, etc will leave the factory as Ford announced yesterday that they will not be resuming production at their plants after March 30th as earlier stated. It will be a while before my "rare" CTFP will leave Flatrock..........
Ford is saying April 14 now, and they are getting push back from the union reps.

dsz blade

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' Mustang GT PP1
Ford is saying April 14 now, and they are getting push back from the union reps.
That’s at select plants, which Flat Rock wasn’t listed.

Dumb question, but after getting a VIN, is it too late to add the handling package? I know package that are captured by the VIN (Engine/trim changes etc) are a no go but wasn’t sure about other options.

chief_charlie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
Lots of late-model Mustangs
That’s at select plants, which Flat Rock wasn’t listed.

Dumb question, but after getting a VIN, is it too late to add the handling package? I know package that are captured by the VIN (Engine/trim changes etc) are a no go but wasn’t sure about other options.
I tried to make a change to my car after the VIN was issued, and told that I would have to submit a complete new order through the Dealer.....even though the production was months away after pushing back the Production Week,,,,so unless others have better info about changes, I think you're stuck with what was ordered prior to the issuance of your VIN

OP
OP
Snoopy49

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT500 - SOLD and 2020 GT500 - SOLD
I tried to make a change to my car after the VIN was issued, and told that I would have to submit a complete new order through the Dealer.....even though the production was months away after pushing back the Production Week,,,,so unless others have better info about changes, I think you're stuck with what was ordered prior to the issuance of your VIN
That would explain the 13 Cancelled VINs that I have seen in non factory ordered cars.

chief_charlie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
That would explain the 13 Cancelled VINs that I have seen in non factory ordered cars.
I don't remember what I wanted to change since it was so long ago, but I do remember being told that Ford would have to cancel the VIN and start over. Whatever it was, it wasn't worth the wait...which back then was only October...LOL

dsz blade

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' Mustang GT PP1
Damn that sucks because I can’t even find the handling package pieces separately to order aside from the carbon fiber pieces that I don’t want.

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
They are available through the dealer parts network. They are also silly expensive.

Melange_X3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
D
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350, 2017 Ford Focus ST, On Order 2020 CTFP Shelby GT 500 with POTTS. Car is released and awaiting shipment. I am running out of time before having to leave for Japan on July 29th.
I have already waited for 8 months so at this point there is no reason to be impatient. The car is sitting in the body shop and even after it is produced it will have to go get the stripes painted on to it. I will just have to wait. Everything is up in the air for me. Going to Japan may be delayed but if not it looks like I will have to fly all the way back from Tokyo to get the car.

dsz blade

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' Mustang GT PP1
What Pieces from the Handling Package are you looking for?
Splitter wickers and gurney flap. The catch can is easy enough to source one. I don’t know if the camber plates are included or not but I don’t care about them.

I realized I told my dealer I was thinking of adding the handling pack but never actually told him to add it on there so it’s on me.

OP
OP
Snoopy49

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
Splitter wickers and gurney flap. The catch can is easy enough to source one. I don’t know if the camber plates are included or not but I don’t care about them.

I realized I told my dealer I was thinking of adding the handling pack but never actually told him to add it on there so it’s on me.
I would check with your dealer and see what he can do, since the handling package isn't installed at the plant, you might be able to add it to your order. It's worth a try.

chief_charlie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)

@dsz blade I sent you a PM as a possible source to buy the parts you want.....

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
Melissa: MANY thanks for the photos and if you find one you HAVE to have printed (or want it for your screen wallpaper <smile>), PM the original camera file to me and I'll tweak it for ya.

Earl: Quite a few more Snack Packs than I thought. Rough number on total Base or total 500's produced or in production?

OP
OP
Snoopy49

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
Status Update:

Congratulations Rossoneri :bow::bow::bow::bow:

@Rossoneri - FINAL DELIVERY !!!!!!!!!!!! :clap:

This one is the long distance champion. Flat Rock, MI to Kuwait. :like:
You guys think you car took a long time to get delivered, this car was built 09/09/2019 and just got delivered to its owner.

dancing-baby-east.gif
3f1d9e8cf59302158a8a801844ea9323.gif

Last edited: