Forscan and the 2020 GT500

bendensez

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brendan
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350
Thanks to @bendensez, I adjusted my wheel size today. I can say with certainty that he nailed it. The GPS app and speedo are balls on accurate now.

Thanks Brendan :beer:
You’re more than welcome, Jaime. (@Jmeo). It was a pleasure finally talking to you on the phone!
Sponsored

Last edited:

Blindside

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 CFTP, 2019 F-250 Platinum
Bumping this thread back up. I'd like to make some Forscan changes to my car.

1. Double honk disable (covered above)
2. DRL stripes at full brightness with parking lights and headlights on
3. Front turn signals and marker lights on with DRLs
4. Security Mode (can't shift out of Park if fob is not in car)

Anybody have any info on that? I've use Forscan on my 2018 Raptor and 2019 Super Duty and folks were able to make changes like this. Just curious if anyone has figured it out yet for the GT500.

pughde

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dwight
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor, 2020 GT500, 88 Toyota 4X4 Extra Cab
I have not used Forscan lately, in years past, I did make many changes to my 2017 Raptor. I may be interested in options 2 and 3 that you listed for my GT500. Did not know that the stripe could be brightened. I have yet to connect my laptop to the ODB2, waiting for more information.

Cgouzoulis

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
chris
Vehicle(s)
None
Can any one with a 2020 who has forescan post the Bodycontrol asbuilt data or pm it to me along with the PCM as built? I F-ed up and now those 2 modules are unhappy. Had to use a different computer as the old one with my backups got fried. I now have the dreaded P0630 and U0422. Any help is appreciated
Chris

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
Why don't you just plug in your VIN on Motorcraft's site and download your own original AB data?

Sponsored

Cgouzoulis

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
chris
Vehicle(s)
None
Why don't you just plug in your VIN on Motorcraft's site and download your own original AB data?
And thats why I like you. I had no idea I could do that. I'll give it a try

Cgouzoulis

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
chris
Vehicle(s)
None
Is it Fordserviceinfo.com?

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Last edited:

Cgouzoulis

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
chris
Vehicle(s)
None

Cgouzoulis

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
chris
Vehicle(s)
None

Sponsored

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes you can.

Know that you don't have to go line by line. The comparator does the work for you and will highlight the data that deviates from your stock AB file.

Did you make quite a few changes?

Cgouzoulis

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
chris
Vehicle(s)
None
Yes you can.

Know that you don't have to go line by line. The comparator does the work for you and will highlight the data that deviates from your stock AB file.

Did you make quite a few changes?
No, not many. Only 1 in fact. Whole story:
I put taller ET streets on the car. I bought Forescan, programmed the correct MM for circumference and speedo was happy. Have had it on streets since last summer. One of the local clubs are going on a twisty road cruise so I wanted to put the stockers back on. Here's where things get hairy.
I performed full service on the car, and knew that I never recieved any PCM/TCM updates. So I returned the tune to stock, and had the modules updated. After I went into forescan to return tire height to normal. After that I got the P0630 and U0422 codes. They will not go away no matter what I try

pughde

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dwight
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor, 2020 GT500, 88 Toyota 4X4 Extra Cab
Unrelated but for you GT500 owners, does your digital dash display anything different than a regular digital dash? Pony on start up, different layouts, etc?
I belive so, we have a Shelby button that displays many screens related to engine related items.

Blindside

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 CFTP, 2019 F-250 Platinum
Bumping this thread back up. I'd like to make some Forscan changes to my car.

1. Double honk disable (covered above)
2. DRL stripes at full brightness with parking lights and headlights on
3. Front turn signals and marker lights on with DRLs
4. Security Mode (can't shift out of Park if fob is not in car)

Anybody have any info on that? I've use Forscan on my 2018 Raptor and 2019 Super Duty and folks were able to make changes like this. Just curious if anyone has figured it out yet for the GT500.
Well, I figured out that Number 4 is set as default from the factory. So that's one item done. Still no luck with 1-3 though.

bent98

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT 500
I have a 2021 GT500 and will be changing my rear tires from the stock 315/30R20 to M/T ET Drag Race 305/45/R18. I realize that I need Forscan to make the change. in the ECU and I have a few questions.

1) I plan on using a PC to make the changes but also like the fact I can use my Iphone. On Forscan's website under supported adapters it shows OBDlink EX USB for Forscan. It shows the OBDLink MX+BT for Forscan Lite. It looks like the MX+BT is more $$ , has more software, supports more OS but not sure if its the best adapter for Forscan in my situation. I'd also like to use the OBDlink on my wife's Durango and not just for my GT500. Can anyone advise me?

2) Can someone tell me how and what to input to make the change to my car for the change to the 305/45/R18 tires ?

3) I am planing on possibly putting 1" taller tire in the front over the factory 305/30R20 as well. I am hearing that chaning the tire size in the front will usually cause an error code. It seems the adjustment in Forscan talked about here is only to address the rear tire. Any advise on how to get a taller tire in the front in conjunction with the rear?

Thanks!
Sponsored