2019 GT350R 2019 Roush F150 20 Explorer

Crew4991

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Crew
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang, 2006 Viper
Be cautious with those Florida stealerships. They are awful when it comes to fees. The price might seem okay but after all the fees that out the door price might increase by a third of the current price.

Check it out and if it is something you like, move on it. Could be a really fun toy snap up. Personally I don't like cars on the grayscale. Gotta have some color for me, especially if it is a track ready muscle car. Make sure there aren't any issues with the engine and use a paint reader and go around the car just to verify that no repaints have been done.

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 GT vert A10 / 23 Mach 1 A10 / 23 Mach 1 Tremec
Be cautious with those Florida stealerships. They are awful when it comes to fees. The price might seem okay but after all the fees that out the door price might increase by a third of the current price.

Check it out and if it is something you like, move on it. Could be a really fun toy snap up. Personally I don't like cars on the grayscale. Gotta have some color for me, especially if it is a track ready muscle car. Make sure there aren't any issues with the engine and use a paint reader and go around the car just to verify that no repaints have been done.
Other than the obligatory doc fee which pretty much runs from $500 to $1000 everywhere, what in the world kind of fees are unique to FL dealers that could tally up close to $20k? I canā€™t imagine. As a part-time resident Iā€™ve bought cars from FL and never encountered anything that was unusual or any different from anywhere else.

Crew4991

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Crew
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang, 2006 Viper
Other than the obligatory doc fee which pretty much runs from $500 to $1000 everywhere, what in the world kind of fees are unique to FL dealers that could tally up close to $20k? I canā€™t imagine. As a part-time resident Iā€™ve bought cars from FL and never encountered anything that was unusual or any different from anywhere else.
I'll look for my out the door contract that Ferman Ford in Clearwater wrote up. It was ridiculous. Besides market adjustments, there was a $1300 doc fee, no financing fee, cash fee, no trade in fee, dealer prep and reconditioning fee (on a NEW car mind you), and a whole bunch of other nonsense. There were two other dealers that were garbage that I worked with in Orlando and Tampa. Glad I never gave any of those stealerships my business. Besides my most recent purchase from a dealer in West Virginia, I now stick to Bring a Trailer auctions for my cars.

Sponsored

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 GT vert A10 / 23 Mach 1 A10 / 23 Mach 1 Tremec
I'll look for my out the door contract that Ferman Ford in Clearwater wrote up. It was ridiculous. Besides market adjustments, there was a $1300 doc fee, no financing fee, cash fee, no trade in fee, dealer prep and reconditioning fee (on a NEW car mind you), and a whole bunch of other nonsense. There were two other dealers that were garbage that I worked with in Orlando and Tampa. Glad I never gave any of those stealerships my business. Besides my most recent purchase from a dealer in West Virginia, I now stick to Bring a Trailer auctions for my cars.
I donā€™t know what kind of car you were trying to buy but Iā€™d guess the dealer was simply using crap like that to increase his ADM without coming at you straight on and calling it what it is. Those arenā€™t actually fees unless you choose to pay them. I suppose if the car you wanted would support 20K ADM and instead of calling it ADM the dealer named it all the BS junk you mentioned, well whatā€™s the difference? But that kind of craziness can happen anywhere, not just FL.

Rob00GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT Ragtop
I didn't think manual transmission Mustangs has "Keyless Start" but the ad mentions it twice.

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
I didn't think manual transmission Mustangs has "Keyless Start" but the ad mentions it twice.
Uhh... Keyless, is not remote start.

ShadesOfBloo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Datsun wagon, '92 240SX, '08 Evo, '20 Mustang GT
Maybe you're thinking of "remote start".
My manual transmission Mustang starts with a button, not by sticking a key in a thing and turning it (like my other cars).
I thought all the S550s started like that, and that's what they meant by "keyless start".

Crew4991

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Crew
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang, 2006 Viper
Maybe you're thinking of "remote start".
My manual transmission Mustang starts with a button, not by sticking a key in a thing and turning it (like my other cars).
I thought all the S550s started like that, and that's what they meant by "keyless start".
Agreed, manuals don't get remote start. Only autos.
But starting up a mustang regardless of auto/manual they are all buttons.
No key to put in to turn ignition since S550+...

1708707688901.png

Sponsored

Rob00GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT Ragtop
You're both correct, I was thinking of "remote start". When ordering my GT convertible with a manual the order guide was very specific that remote start was deleted if you ordered a manual.

DCShelby

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350 Lighting Blue and 2017 Ducati 1299S
Florida is the land of flood damaged and totaled cars that get resold. Its DMV is pretty weak on this. Iā€™d never buy a used car in Florida unless I saw it in person first and checked the title.

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Florida is the land of flood damaged and totaled cars that get resold. Its DMV is pretty weak on this. Iā€™d never buy a used car in Florida unless I saw it in person first and checked the title.
First - if youā€™re buying from shady used car dealers then sure / otherwise, youā€™re wrong.. same for every state. Second - as a car enthusiast, if youā€™re buying a car without seeing it, youā€™re dumb, no matter what state it is.

TonyNJ

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
22 GT500HE Black Stripes, 20 GT350HE, 16 GT350R Ba
It's the heavy one. Personally, it's less desirable just for that fact.

But it is an R...
Heavy one...? As in technology pack?
Sponsored