2020 Bullitt Build

s550.bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tyler
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Bullitt
Overall end goal mid to high 800s low 900hp to the wheel. With Paxton blower and bolt ons

looking for drive train upgrades what would yall recommend?

my original Thoughts mantic twin disk or McLeod RXT twin disk
Calimer D4 stage 2 MT-82 trans
QA1 carbon drive shaft
DSS half shafts 1500+hp
Viking street / strip shock set up
Full BMR adjustable suspension
Sponsored

OP
OP
s550.bullitt

s550.bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tyler
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Bullitt
Sounds good. What fuel system? Iā€™m going for 850 whp myself.
Most likely just going to run a boost a pump with ID1050X until I get fueling issues. Then Iā€™ll upgrade the pumps at that point. Keep running 93 with a mixture of 100 so donā€™t need to worry like I would with E85

19BULLITTwhipple

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ramzi
Vehicle(s)
Bullitt 2019
Most likely just going to run a boost a pump with ID1050X until I get fueling issues. Then Iā€™ll upgrade the pumps at that point. Keep running 93 with a mixture of 100 so donā€™t need to worry like I would with E85
I was thinking of adding race gas but 100 octane is expensive šŸ˜…

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Overall end goal mid to high 800s low 900hp to the wheel. With Paxton blower and bolt ons

looking for drive train upgrades what would yall recommend?

my original Thoughts mantic twin disk or McLeod RXT twin disk
Calimer D4 stage 2 MT-82 trans
QA1 carbon drive shaft
DSS half shafts 1500+hp
Viking street / strip shock set up
Full BMR adjustable suspension
Is your car a magneride or non magneride? If MR, just wondering how you plan to get around that to run Viking shocks? Iā€™ve heard that many tuners wonā€™t tune boosted cars on a BAP and will require a fuel system.

Sponsored

OP
OP
s550.bullitt

s550.bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tyler
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Bullitt
Is your car a magneride or non magneride? If MR, just wondering how you plan to get around that to run Viking shocks? Iā€™ve heard that many tuners wonā€™t tune boosted cars on a BAP and will require a fuel system.
Yeah it is MR, still looking into how to get around it I know people have done it trying to find the best way to go about it still. Viking shocks are not a must have although it would be nice

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
Yeah it is MR, still looking into how to get around it I know people have done it trying to find the best way to go about it still. Viking shocks are not a must have although it would be nice
Is the idea that MR can't handle the power?

I'd think that Ford Performance's MR upgrade kit it would be just fine, in addition to a lot of Steeda/BMR subframe & suspension mods.

Unless you're looking for ultimate drag-racing application.

OP
OP
s550.bullitt

s550.bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tyler
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Bullitt
Is the idea that MR can't handle the power?

I'd think that Ford Performance's MR upgrade kit it would be just fine, in addition to a lot of Steeda/BMR subframe & suspension mods.

Unless you're looking for ultimate drag-racing application.
Didnā€™t think about the upgrade kit route. Makes the most sense. But yeah not a crazy drag build still will drive around like normal
Too. Thanks!

bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hristofor
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fiesta 1.25i, 2017 GB Ford Mustang GT PP Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Just a suggestion but go with Aluminium DS as the Carbon ones brake at that power levels.

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
Didnā€™t think about the upgrade kit route. Makes the most sense. But yeah not a crazy drag build still will drive around like normal
Too. Thanks!
If you would allow me to help.

It's not just the suspension itself that needs help. Both front and rear, the subframe connections to the unit body are......hysterically bad. Ridiculously bad. So bad they don't allow the suspension to properly do it's job. And has the shocks and struts acting as semi-stressed suspension links, rather than strictly controlling up & down body movement.

Both Steeda and BMR have kits to better center/locate/secure both subframes, and they make a world of difference. The rear/IRS in particular.

I consider the Steeda mods in my sig-line the bare minimum, and would think those mods in conjunction with the FP MR upgrade kits (springs, sway-bars, software) would handle 1000 HP easily.

Last edited:

Sponsored

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
As far as tuning a SC car with a BAP, it can be done, but if ai recall, one of Lundā€™s tuners Alejandro Flores said they donā€™t trust the end user to do right on their end.

OP
OP
s550.bullitt

s550.bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tyler
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Bullitt
If you would allow me to help.

It's not just the suspension itself that needs help. Both front and rear, the subframe connections to the unit body are......hysterically bad. Ridiculously bad.

Both Steeda and BMR have kits to better center/locate/secure both subframes, and they make a world of difference. The rear/IRS in particular.

I consider the Steeda mods in my sig-line the bare minimum, and would think those mods in conjunction with the FP MR upgrade kits (springs, sway-bars, software) would handle 1000 HP easily.
Yeah I 100% am doing full BMR suspension on the car, k member, bushing, front rear end links, sway bars. Makes a huge difference in these cars

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
Yeah I 100% am doing full BMR suspension on the car, k member, bushing, front rear end links, sway bars. Makes a huge difference in these cars
Is your car already lowered? Looks like it.

vanquishvzla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 50th anniversary
that power level on a BAP is just a timing bomb... you are gonna spend a shit ton of money just to save some on your fuel delivery system??? no thank you...
Sponsored