2020 Steeda Build

thebaldlatino5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carlos
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT PP
So I've been working on a list of my build for my 2017 S550 GT. Ending this year with Steeda subframe braces coming in tomorrow(Rodney @steeda great customer service) and already working on a full build list to get ready for my own personal roadtrip next Christmas break from work.

What I've got installed and bout to install:
Steeda Vertical Links
Steeda IRS support bushings
Steeda IRS Braces
Steeda shifter base bracket
Steeda Steel braided clutch line
Steeda Master Cylinder line upgrade
Steeda Differential bushings Red and black

On my list so far at least:
Steeda Pro Action Adj. Shocks and Struts
Steeda Dual Rate Springs
Steeda One Piece 3.5 driveshaft
Steeda Front and Rear Sway bars(with mount upgrades)W/Endlink upgrades
Steeda G-Trac Brace
Steeda rear shock mount upgrade for the pro actions shocks(adj)
Steeda Rear Toe links
Steeda Front center control arm upgrade with bumpsteer kit

Gonna try to get most of it done by the end of the year and put them all to the test in a "tour of texas" style roadtrip to actually go explore Texas.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year and best wishes to everyone on their 2019 and 2020 goals on their builds!

Follow me on insta @thebaldlatino5.0
Sponsored

Last edited:

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
Do yourself a favor, and spend the $$ to get the adjustable shocks & struts.

Other than that, nice build list!!!

TheSnowmanMafia

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium
Adjustable struts are worth the money. I've installed some on previous cars.

OP
OP
thebaldlatino5.0

thebaldlatino5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carlos
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT PP
Adjustable struts are worth the money. I've installed some on previous cars.
Guess I'll be swapping some stuff on my list. Especially since I found out I can basically build my own suspension on steeda, put together and ready to be put on the car.

Sponsored

TheSnowmanMafia

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium
Guess I'll be swapping some stuff on my list. Especially since I found out I can basically build my own suspension on steeda, put together and ready to be put on the car.
Theyre just nice to have in general. You'd dont get the immediate flexibility that the magnetic ride adjustment offers but you can fine tune the struts to your liking and change the settings if you ever go to the track or something.

OP
OP
thebaldlatino5.0

thebaldlatino5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carlos
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT PP
Theyre just nice to have in general. You'd dont get the immediate flexibility that the magnetic ride adjustment offers but you can fine tune the struts to your liking and change the settings if you ever go to the track or something.
Texas roads have potholes out the ass. So you're probably right on the money on the adjustable.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Steeda Bumpsteer Kit(unless not needed with dual rate springs)
"strongly suggest" if you lower the car at all. Get the roll-center correcting arms - it wasn't clear on your list if you meant those.

ChiTownStang26

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium ~2016 Mustang V6(sold)~
You will definitely need that bumpsteer kit, along with the lateral link which is next on my list. I have alot of your list already installed so please ask me anything.

Everyone's right about the shocks/struts, go adjustable! I regret that I didnt!

Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Steeda Adj. Bump Stop kit
I'm not convinced this is best since harder than OE. I would go the other way and get the Eibach ones. (need to dig up my posting)

If you don't want to do differential bushing "lock out" you absolutely MUST get the $50 bolt replacement kit. Not because the bolts are beefier (they are) but because the kit shims out the inexcusable engineering ERROR by Ford with respect to bolt to bushing clearance.

You also don't have camber plates. IMO should be high on the list and I would pass on sway bars but NOT the end links. The OE end links are a joke.

Did you already do the IRS (stop the hop) kits be it Steeda or BMR? This should be #2 behind the diff bolt kit.

Now if you're not going to take the car to a road course or autocross then the springs/sways/dampers are decidedly secondary.

OP
OP
thebaldlatino5.0

thebaldlatino5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carlos
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT PP
I'm not convinced this is best since harder than OE. I would go the other way and get the Eibach ones. (need to dig up my posting)

If you don't want to do differential bushing "lock out" you absolutely MUST get the $50 bolt replacement kit. Not because the bolts are beefier (they are) but because the kit shims out the inexcusable engineering ERROR by Ford with respect to bolt to bushing clearance.

You also don't have camber plates. IMO should be high on the list and I would pass on sway bars but NOT the end links. The OE end links are a joke.

Did you already do the IRS (stop the hop) kits be it Steeda or BMR? This should be #2 behind the diff bolt kit.

Now if you're not going to take the car to a road course or autocross then the springs/sways/dampers are decidedly secondary.
Just added camber plates to my list as well.
Got steeda vertical links, support bushings, and braces

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
Carlos, if you have any questions or need a point person to talk to at Steeda ... reach out to Rodney, you can bounce ideas off of him!

TJ
Sponsored