corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
It takes seconds to change in settings. What are you thinking of???
The procedure for changing the smart entry settings in the car of mine that has it, looks like this.

1. Sit in the driver’s seat, and close the
door.
2. Push the rear side (unlock side) of the
power door locking switch.
3. Within 5 seconds after step 2 is
performed, open the driver’s door.
4. Within 5 seconds after step 3 is
performed, push the rear side (unlock
side) of the power door locking switch
twice while the door is open.
5. Within 10 seconds after step 4 is
performed, close and open the driver’s
door twice.
6. Within 10 seconds after step 5 is
performed, push the rear side (unlock
side) of the power door locking switch
twice while the door is open.
7. Within 10 seconds after step 6 is
performed, close and open the driver’s
door once.
8. Within 5 seconds after step 7 is
performed, close the door. A chirp sound
will be heard, and the functions will be
disabled.
As far as I know, I have no other way of disabling/re-enabling it. There might be something involving a PIN that I've never bothered to set because I have no way of using it.

Norm

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
The procedure for changing the smart entry settings in the car of mine that has it, looks like this
Did you check your settings? Press the steering wheel button with the 2 gears, select 'vehicle', and it'd be right there: 'smart entry'. Just uncheck the square and done. I remember seeing a similar procedure like the one you posted, but it was for something else, if I remember correctly. Anyway, check your settings, and see if it's there too. Good luck.

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
Did you check your settings? Press the steering wheel button with the 2 gears, select 'vehicle', and it'd be right there: 'smart entry'. Just uncheck the square and done. I remember seeing a similar procedure like the one you posted, but it was for something else, if I remember correctly. Anyway, check your settings, and see if it's there too. Good luck.
Car is the 2019 in my sig, so the specific disable/enable procedures are going to be a little different. The procedure that needs a PIN to be registered is even simpler than what you described above (it only uses buttons on the fob).

What I was getting at was the annoyance of a 'smart entry' system that's not smart enough to understand that tasks like washing the car or even tire rotation don't need it to be doing anything at all. Not smart enough to just leave the locks the way they were left.

Norm

Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
I remember seeing a similar procedure like the one you posted, but it was for something else, if I remember correctly.
you're thinking of TPMS relearn.

frank s

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.fsheff.com
First Name
frank
Vehicle(s)
Stang '19 Magnetic, EcoBoost™, Vert, MagneRide® PP
Vehicle Showcase
To expand the discussion in a slightly different direction: My greatest fear (much reduced in the COVID world) was that a crook would gain access to my car when I parked it outside a theater or some such. They'd look for my registration documents and see an address that might be likely unoccupied for a time, so burglary would be relatively risk-free.

I do have Faraday pouches for the fobs, hang them on the key-board by the garage door, and don't find retrieval or deposit to be much more of a hassle than with bare fobs.

I also don't leave the registration in the car: Facsimile in the billfold and/or phone case satisfies the mechanical and legal requirements of having the document in the car when it's in use.

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
Ford Pass update.

Opened the app tonight to lock the car. Ford Pass, wants the user to create a 4 digit pass code.

If you have seen it never mind for the rest, FYI

Pep

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Ford Pass update.

Opened the app tonight to lock the car. Ford Pass, wants the user to create a 4 digit pass code.

If you have seen it never mind for the rest, FYI

Pep

Yep - confirmed the above. I was logged into the app last week, never required a PIN, then or ever before.

Logged in just 5 mins ago and upon initial log in, the app required the email address, password and then after password was entered, it requires a new PIN set up.

So word must be getting back to Ford there’s been breaches or something going on with the App or Service.

wade001

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wade
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Prem. 10r80, PP1, 401A, Active Exhaust
weird..

i just opened up my fordpass app, unlocked my doors, then locked them.. then started the car (all with the app)

was never asked for pin, password, or any kind of verification, other than what was setup initially when i linked fordpass to the car.

using version 3.5.1 released 7-23-2020, play store shows it as the latest version for me

Spork3245

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium PP1 w/Magneride
Mine makes me re-do the pin every few months and has me log-in again once in awhile
Sponsored