2019 GT Auto Rev Match not working after gutting cars

btizzle

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I recently had 2 2019 GTs built for track use only, but now the auto rev match on downshift does not work in either car.. Both cars had AC and stereos removed, along with a bunch of other stuff. No codes are being thrown. both cars have custom tunes.

Any ideas? BCM maybe? I don't know shiznit about these cars..
Sponsored

JCN

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
20 Mustang GT, 14 F150, 23 F150
My first thought is ask tuner if they disabled it.

OP
OP

btizzle

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
My first thought is ask tuner if they disabled it.
Already asked, he didn’t mess with that feature. I will probably ship ECUs to him if I can’t find a solution just to double check.

I can’t be the first person to strip a 2019+ for dedicated track use, someone’s gotta have some insight.

BTW both cars are basic GTs (non premium) with PP1 packages.

Crew4991

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Crew
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang, 2006 Viper
Maybe the auto rev match was removed for "weight savings" along with the radio and AC... 🤣

It isn't that hard to downshift manually, but I get the irritation. Who the hell knows what happened to it in the mess of tunes/modded upgrades. Since no codes are showing up I would start with the ECU or BCM; then check with your tuner.

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
I'm assuming you unplugged something that functions as a pass through for the sensor on the transmission that reads what gear you're in.

Sponsored

OP
OP

btizzle

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I'm assuming you unplugged something that functions as a pass through for the sensor on the transmission that reads what gear you're in.
Good theory, I will try following the wires.

KingKona

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shlomo
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
Another "I f'd with my car, and now it's broke, tell me how to fix it." thread.

WItoTX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Check above both pedals at those connections. To get a real good look you will need to pull the drivers seat and lay on your back to see what is going on up there. It took more time to remove the seat and plastics.

I just added a blip module to my car, and struggled to wiggle them in there to make the connections.

Sponsored
OP
OP

btizzle

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Check above both pedals at those connections. To get a real good look you will need to pull the drivers seat and lay on your back to see what is going on up there. It took more time to remove the seat and plastics.

I just added a blip module to my car, and struggled to wiggle them in there to make the connections.
thanks, but to clarify, I do not have an aftermarket blip setup. The OEM blip feature is not working anymore.

WItoTX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
thanks, but to clarify, I do not have an aftermarket blip setup. The OEM blip feature is not working anymore.
Yeah, make sure the connections above the pedals are fully connected.

Just curious, do all the pedals still work and the cars still dive just fine? My guess would be one of the clutch pedal sensors got knocked out of its hold (it's really easy to do, they just sort of twist in, and mine was just about to fall out actually), and therefore the car does not know you are engaging the clutch. I would check both sensors on the clutch pedal.

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
The fact that both cars have the exact same issue tells me that the culprit is unlikely to be a loose connector. Two different cars underwent the same modifications (i.e. having a bunch of stuff removed), and both of them exhibited the same symptom afterwards. That can't be a coincidence. There must be something in that bunch that the ARM needs.

Last edited:
OP
OP

btizzle

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Yeah, make sure the connections above the pedals are fully connected.

Just curious, do all the pedals still work and the cars still dive just fine? My guess would be one of the clutch pedal sensors got knocked out of its hold (it's really easy to do, they just sort of twist in, and mine was just about to fall out actually), and therefore the car does not know you are engaging the clutch. I would check both sensors on the clutch pedal.
I agree with Vlad above, but I am still going to check this! maybe the shop forgot to reconnect both clutches!

The carpet was removed as well..
Sponsored