Sponsored

2019 5.0 Slap? Should I Bring It In? HELP!!!!

TuxedoPC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
Hello, I recently got my 2019 Mustang 5.0 last Month. Did an oil change around 600 miles.
Everything was done by the book but now I have this terrible slap?
Do you think Ford is going to help me out?
How bad is it from the video I included.
Any help would be great!
Thanks

Here is the link to the youtube video
Sponsored

Pi3rcito

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Pierre
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
If your car is still under warranty you might as well take it into a dealership so they can check it out.

Ecoboosted

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Mustang GT, 19' Road Glide
Bring it in. At least get it documented.

TheReaper

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shadow Black GT
I'll do my first oil change at 8,000 miles just like my last two Coyotes. I believe the factory oil has something extra in it.

Sponsored

ihc95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP A10 401A
This is not piston slap. It sounds like the classic typewriter tick to me. I wouldn't even bother bringing it in to the dealer as they will just show you the TSB from Ford saying it's normal. It doesn't cause any damage so I wouldn't worry about it. If the noise bothers you, add some Ceratec to your oil.

OP
OP
TuxedoPC

TuxedoPC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
This is not piston slap. It sounds like the classic typewriter tick to me. I wouldn't even bother bringing it in to the dealer as they will just show you the TSB from Ford saying it's normal. It doesn't cause any damage so I wouldn't worry about it. If the noise bothers you, add some Ceratec to your oil.
What oil do you recommend? Im thinking about doing my first (at home) oil change.

ihc95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP A10 401A
What oil do you recommend? Im thinking about doing my first (at home) oil change.
I'd switch to some kind of full synthetic. I've been running Motorcraft 5w20 full synthetic for a while with no issues.

But if you want the tick to go away, you need to add the Ceratec oil additive.

OP
OP
TuxedoPC

TuxedoPC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
I'd switch to some kind of full synthetic. I've been running Motorcraft 5w20 full synthetic for a while with no issues.

But if you want the tick to go away, you need to add the Ceratec oil additive.
Isnt the dealer oil Motorcraft 5w20 synthetic? Ill look into the Ceratec. Do you personally have the tick?

ihc95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP A10 401A
Isnt the dealer oil Motorcraft 5w20 synthetic? Ill look into the Ceratec. Do you personally have the tick?
Factory spec oil is Motorcraft synthetic blend, not full synthetic. Yeah I have the tick (like most people). It comes and goes but it's pretty mild when I do hear it so it doesn't bother me enough to do anything about it.

Sponsored

Landis

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 2014 Mustang GT
Mine makes a little noise when I start it up but once it’s warm it’s quiet. I’m using Driven FR50 oil.

BOBS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Auto Race Red
I know it sounds bad but our 2015 had a new short block put in at 1,600 miles for that noise back in 2015. New engine stared the same noise so they did a buyback and put us in a 2017 , same noise. We now have a 2019 had the same noise at 5.7miles plus piston slap and it runs great 11.78 @ 119 stock (drag mode). I am not taking this in unless the engine lets go, been enjoying it and taking it to the drag strip. At my first oil change 2,600 miles it had only used 1/2 Qt and my Blackstone oil report came back great so I stayed with MC 5W20 These are just noisy engines, drive it and enjoy.

OP
OP
TuxedoPC

TuxedoPC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
I know it sounds bad but our 2015 had a new short block put in at 1,600 miles for that noise back in 2015. New engine stared the same noise so they did a buyback and put us in a 2017 , same noise. We now have a 2019 had the same noise at 5.7miles plus piston slap and it runs great 11.78 @ 119 stock (drag mode). I am not taking this in unless the engine lets go, been enjoying it and taking it to the drag strip. At my first oil change 2,600 miles it had only used 1/2 Qt and my Blackstone oil report came back great so I stayed with MC 5W20 These are just noisy engines, drive it and enjoy.
Thanks Bob, I'm still puzzled by the fact that some engines do it some dont. Also that some engines had to be replaced but some are fine with the tick.

VooDooDaddy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium
Use Pennzoil Ultra Platinum, full-synthetic 5w-30 and a Motorcraft FL-500S filter

An7h0ny

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang GT pp1
My first oil change i put Mobil 1 synthetic and as soon as I started the car I had that typewriter tick. I shut it off in seconds. I took my bike to the auto part store to find an oil additive and zmax and slick50 were my only choices. So I bought the zmax. I dumped it in, and started the car again. The tick was gone and had not returned, been over 2000 miles on this oil change and no funny noises. I don't know if motorcraft oil products have something special in it, because that's what was in the car when I changed it to mobil and never had a tick once.
Sponsored