Sponsored

2019 5.0 Slap? Should I Bring It In? HELP!!!!

VooDooDaddy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium
I like Mobil 1 filters. But ill look into the Pennzoil. Thanks
I actually use Shell/Rotella, full-synthetic 5w-40 in my 2016 GT during the seven warm months of the year.

It is a very, very good oil with a great anit-wear package, but I didn't immediately recommend it because most people poo-poo it because it is a "diesel" oil and peeps think it's too "thick". Nonsense. I won't go into the all the reasons why (no cats) I believe it is a superior oil, which is why I recommend the Pennzoil Ultra 5w-30 which I use during the five months of winter.

usgiorgi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C6 Z06
My 2016 sounded identical. BBQ tick, typewriter tick many different names. I brought it in and the service people "couldn't hear anything".

OP
OP
TuxedoPC

TuxedoPC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
My 2016 sounded identical. BBQ tick, typewriter tick many different names. I brought it in and the service people "couldn't hear anything".
Im bringing mine in an hour early and letting it cool off before I show them. I also found out if you slowly rev the engine to 1000rpm while cold youll get the loudest possible noise from the tick so you can catch it on video

omens

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 GT
Im bringing mine in an hour early and letting it cool off before I show them. I also found out if you slowly rev the engine to 1000rpm while cold youll get the loudest possible noise from the tick so you can catch it on video
Might as well get it documented but it's already got a TSB and considered normal. They aren't going to do anything.

Sponsored

Andy13186

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 10speed Aluminator Whippled
Mine had the worst slap ever but I added 2 bottles of ceratec which silenced it , heres my blackstone

WzydENg.jpg

Condor1970

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
It's not piston slap.

It's either oil flashing in the pan from rapid pressure changes, or IMO... it's lazy Lash Adjusters from lower oil pressure at lower RPM ranges up to about 3k. Either is not really harmful to the engine.

A can of Ceratec will subdue most of that noise. I use only 1/2 a can per oil change, and my typewriter ticking engine runs smooth as butter.

Sponsored

Mrmarkmac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Mine had the worst slap ever but I added 2 bottles of ceratec which silenced it , heres my blackstone

WzydENg.jpg
how many miles did you lose the 1.5 quarts? I had a similar Blackstone report, and outlined I’d lost 3 quarts over the 5k miles. Ford is now tracking my oil usage.

Andy13186

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 10speed Aluminator Whippled
how many miles did you lose the 1.5 quarts? I had a similar Blackstone report, and outlined I’d lost 3 quarts over the 5k miles. Ford is now tracking my oil usage.
about 5k miles not entirely sure but I hit 7500 rpm 10 times a day
Sponsored