2018+ Roush Phase 2 Kit - Verification

Azul Assasin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
Too many to list
The best way to know for sure would be find a track and run a quarter mile. Your trap time won't lie about the power you are making.
Sponsored

OP
OP
GWraith

GWraith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nathaniel
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Phase 2 Roushcharged
The best way to know for sure would be find a track and run a quarter mile. Your trap time won't lie about the power you are making.
True but my stock tire will lie. :D

OP
OP
GWraith

GWraith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nathaniel
Vehicle(s)
I just spoke with the dyno guy in detail he still had the saved dyno. 4th gear is supposed to be the one-to-one which he used. Also, the car DID shut down at 124 MPH.

At this point, it seems like Roush had a safety tune on my 2021 since it was not officially supported at that time or so their site said back then.

I think at this point it's best if I dyno it again and document everything and then send all this to Roush. If what happened to me is true and not an error it would be pretty damaging for their brand, superchargers, and tunes.

I'm gonna get the run file sent to me so I can show what was recorded. Then dyno again and see what this new tune does. I'll be really pissed if I find out I have a car said to be able to put out 750Chp just to have training wheels on it. That's not what was advertised or paid for. That would also be a MAJOR false advertisement not to mention their 3 yr warranty would then be trash because it's not actually doing what they sold it under.

Last edited:

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
Another issue "could be", it all depends on how long ago the dyno was calibrated. These things are machines and need a calibration. Not sure how often that happens though. I'm not saying it is the calibration, but it could be a contributing factor.
Good luck!

Sponsored

OP
OP
GWraith

GWraith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nathaniel
Vehicle(s)
Another issue "could be", it all depends on how long ago the dyno was calibrated. These things are machines and need a calibration. Not sure how often that happens though. I'm not saying it is the calibration, but it could be a contributing factor.
Good luck!
Calibration would be understandable IF the car could make a full pull. Which it obviously was not.

OP
OP
GWraith

GWraith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nathaniel
Vehicle(s)
I can rev out the car in daily driving so it's not a limitation of the RPM. Something else is at play here. No, I have never wrapped out 5th gear and never gone over 110 on the highway so I can't verify the speed limiter.

People throw this conservative word around with their tunes but this is not acceptable if true.

I would also like to add that this may be the trickery of the dealership I bought from. However, they are a nationwide name for making production performance Mustangs and my purchase papers say Phase 2 all over it, not to mention the dyno.

Last edited:
OP
OP
GWraith

GWraith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nathaniel
Vehicle(s)
I`m no expert but it looks like they shut it back to soon as these make more power at 6.5-7 k. My car 2015 GT has a Roush phase 1 and it dynos at 610 hp with no speed limiter. Stock phase 1 cal. Some things not right.
2021 - Redline is 7500RPM per Ford tech specs from their site.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Have you contacted ROUSH via an actual phone call? Email doesn’t always get immediate attention as a phone call.

ROUSH would have the support and answers you’re seeking, not the Dealer who sold the car and not some Dyno shop. If you can’t reach them by phone either, then ping them on their Social Media sites to get attention.

The ROUSH thread that was posted has the most ROUSH specific info for this site, so aside from that, contacting ROUSH directly via phone or other is probably the only way you’re going to get the answers you’re seeking.

Why didn’t your Dyno guy go to 5th gear, instead of trying to max out 4th?

Also and this is a huge assumption at this juncture - but how many miles are on your 2021 - asking because I’m wondering if there is a limiter in place UNTIL the vehicle has exceeded a certain amount of accrued miles?

OP
OP
GWraith

GWraith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nathaniel
Vehicle(s)
Have you contacted ROUSH via an actual phone call? Email doesn’t always get immediate attention as a phone call.

ROUSH would have the support and answers you’re seeking, not the Dealer who sold the car and not some Dyno shop. If you can’t reach them by phone either, then ping them on their Social Media sites to get attention.

The ROUSH thread that was posted has the most ROUSH specific info for this site, so aside from that, contacting ROUSH directly via phone or other is probably the only way you’re going to get the answers you’re seeking.

Why didn’t your Dyno guy go to 5th gear, instead of trying to max out 4th?

Also and this is a huge assumption at this juncture - but how many miles are on your 2021 - asking because I’m wondering if there is a limiter in place UNTIL the vehicle has exceeded a certain amount of accrued miles?
You're right, emailing twice didn't work. I guess I'm going to have to call them once I get the run file this morning.

As for the mileage, it's 6434mi. I struggle to think that a limiter like that would be in place without documentation. I dyno'd it about 3K miles.

Well, I'm not totally sure why he didn't try 5th gear, he might have I'm not sure. The run file will show more answers.

I wish all this information was upfront somewhere. Like a Roush info file that comes with the car that says hey here are the limitations of your vehicle with a Roush tune on it. Would take out the guess work and shine the light on issues like this.

Sponsored
OP
OP
GWraith

GWraith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nathaniel
Vehicle(s)
So I got the run files and sent them over to Roush. I also tried opening them up but all I could make of it was the PDF I have attached. Seems like the dyno was done improperly. However, that still leaves a few questions on the table. Which I'm waiting for Roush to figure out and respond to. We've been going back and forth trying to validate the dips and bad numbers after 4.5K.

For a Dyno you really only need the rpm signal and the dollar measurement and my reading are way outside the bounds of Dyno calibration errors. So it's either a faulty Dyno or the original cal I had on the car was improper. I have not re-dyno'd the car with the new cal and I'm going to a different shop as well, more expensive, but they have a longer good reputation.

Attachments

Last edited:

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
Have you thought about giving it a try on a different dyno with a different operator?

OP
OP
GWraith

GWraith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nathaniel
Vehicle(s)
Have you thought about giving it a try on a different dyno with a different operator?
Yes and that's what I'm planning to do at this point.
Sponsored