Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
My U.K. car is coming up for 3 years old
Done 10000 miles
Are there any issues I should get checked before warranty runs out next month
I had the loom by manifold sorted a few years ago
I’ve been told the oil cooler is in a bad place on right hand drive cars and can be faulty??

also my clutch can be very juddery when pulling away in first gear
Any advice would be great
Sponsored

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Front and rear wheel hub bearings are known to be a common issue with the S550's.

As far as warranty running out - yes the new car 3/36 Bumper to Bumper will be done, but you still have the 5/60 Powertrain Warranty that covers the engine, trans and rear along with their associated components.

Clutch is a wear item, but you may want to check out these threads that has info about the clutch pedal fatigue:
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/th...-manual-cars-check-your-clutch-pedals.155008/

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/th...l-assembly-removal.104338/page-4#post-3169436

I'm not aware of any other issues with the 2018+... I mean, I have 42k racked up on mine and only had to have the 10R80 valve body replaced (common issue with the earlier builds). Aside from that, not any other issues at all from initial purchase to now.

OP
OP

500PLUS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
Thanks where can I find details of the 5/60 warranty ?

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks where can I find details of the 5/60 warranty ?
This link contains all Ford Warranty Coverage info for the 2018 Model Year, applicable to all Ford models. The same or similar documents can be found online for prior or later model years.

https://www.ford.com/cmslibs/conten...ck-Warranty-version-3_frdwa_EN-US_08_2017.pdf

Here is the specific wording for the 5/60 Powertrain

Extended warranty coverage periods are available for certain vehicle parts and conditions. Specifically,

(1) Your vehicle’s Powertrain components are covered for five years or 60,000 miles, whichever occurs first. The extended coverage applies to the Engine: all internal lubricated parts, cylinder block, cylinder heads, electrical fuel pump, powertrain control module, engine mounts, flywheel, injection pump, manifold (exhaust and intake), manifold bolts, oil pan, oil pump, seals and gaskets, engine thermostat, engine thermostat housing, timing chain cover, timing chain (gears or belt), turbocharger/supercharger unit, valve covers, water pump;

Transmission: all internal parts, clutch cover, seals and gaskets, torque converter, transfer case (including all internal parts), transmission case, transmission mounts; Front-Wheel Drive: axle shafts, front bearings, seals and gaskets, universal and constant velocity joints;

Rear-Wheel Drive: axle shafts, rear bearings, center support bearing, drive axle housing (including all internal parts), drive shaft, retainers, supports, seals and gaskets, universal and constant velocity joints.

Four-Wheel/All-Wheel Drive: axle shafts, bearings (front and rear), center support bearing, drive shafts, final drive housing (including all internal parts), hubs-automatic front locking (four-wheel drive), locking rings (four-wheel drive), seals and gaskets, universal and constant velocity joints.

(2) Your vehicle’s safety belts and air bag Supplemental Restraint System (SRS) are covered for an extended Safety Restraint Coverage Period, which lasts for five years or 60,000 miles, whichever occurs first.

(3) Your vehicle’s body sheet metal panels are covered for an extended Corrosion Coverage Period, which lasts for five years, regardless of miles driven. The extended warranty coverage only applies if a body sheet metal panel becomes perforated due to corrosion during normal use due to a manufacturing defect in factory-supplied materials or factory workmanship. If aluminum body panels have corrosion or rust damage, and the damage is not the result of abnormal usage, vehicle accident, customer actions and/or extreme environmental conditions, the corrosion or rust damage repairs are covered for 5 years, unlimited miles. For damage caused by airborne material (environmental fallout) where there is no factory-related defect involved and therefore no warranty − our policy is to provide free repair of paint damage due to the airborne material for 12 months or 12,000 miles, whichever occurs first.

(4) Your vehicle’s direct injection diesel engine and certain engine components are covered during the PowerStroke Diesel Engine Coverage Period, which lasts for five years or 100,000 miles, whichever occurs first. The following parts are covered during this extended coverage period: the engine, cylinder block, heads and all internal parts, intake and exhaust manifolds, timing gear, harmonic balancer, valve covers, oil pan and pump, water pump, fuel system (excluding fuel lines, fuel tank and frame mounted fuel conditioning module sometimes referred to as the frame mounted pump/filter/water separator or frame mounted fuel filter/water separator), high pressure lines, gaskets and seals, glow plugs, turbocharger, two-stage turbocharger assembly, turbocharger actuator, powertrain control module, high pressure fuel injection pump assembly, injectors, injection pressure sensor, fuel rail pressure sensor, exhaust back pressure regulator and sensor, exhaust pressure sensor, manifold pressure sensor, intake air temperature sensor, crankshaft position sensor, camshaft position sensor, accelerator switch.

NOTE: Some components may also be covered by the Emissions Warranties. For more information, see pages 17-31.

If you own or lease a 2018-model Next Generation Police Interceptor Vehicle (NGPI), refer to the Warranty Addendum Card that was given to you when you took delivery of your vehicle for further explanation of Amendments to the New Vehicle Limited Warranty. The Warranty Addendum applies only the NGPI vehicles delivered in the State of Florida and New York.

OP
OP

500PLUS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
I didn’t take out the extended warranty when I bought it

Sponsored

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That wording does not refer to the coverage as in an additional plan - they're calling it that since it's the 5/60 Powertrain and not the 3/36 "new car bumper to bumper".

That whole doc attached in the above link is the basic 2018 Ford Warranty info - has nothing to do with any Ford ESP Plans, those are entirely separate and have their own docs and provisions.

OP
OP

500PLUS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
So my car would have 5/60 even if I came with the 3 yr warranty ?

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So my car would have 5/60 even if I came with the 3 yr warranty ?
Go back to the link I posted, click it and look at Page 8. What is outlined on Page 8 is what every new Ford comes with from the factory.
Sponsored