Sponsored

2018 Mustang Undercarriage

whalesalad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
Figured some folks, particularly those who manufacture parts or want to move parts from their current S550 to a 2018 might be interested in this.

Notable is the active exhaust solenoid and a composite oil pan similar to the GT350.

I got to sit in one as well and the subtle improvements to the interior are great. The new base steering wheel is MUCH nicer (thicker, leather feels less like loose vinyl, no texture, etc...) also really digging the metal accent pieces that are no longer chrome.
IMG_1289.JPG
IMG_1284.JPG
IMG_1286.JPG
IMG_1283.JPG
IMG_1282.JPG
Sponsored

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
As tempting as the active exhaust is. Would rather get aftermarket exhaust and drop some pounds. While all hope of a diet is lost for my car, the Mustang can surely benefit from it.

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
Hi there

So do people think BMR CB005 and BMR Vertical links should go straight onto this car without issue?

Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase

sigintel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
Any detailed photos of front suspension knuckles/uprights/spindles??
Looking for beefed up casting where brakes mount to spindle. Was hoping for Al GT350 spindles but looks like iron based castings.

Detailed zoom of both rear lower arms?
Are those GT350 style assymetric spring windings?

Detail on diff cover? What is that? Diff cover provisioned for cooler lines? That would be sweet and maybe well see that on 673 PP2 package?

Last edited:

TomcatDriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Magnetic w/black stripes
Figured some folks, particularly those who manufacture parts or want to move parts from their current S550 to a 2018 might be interested in this.

Notable is the active exhaust solenoid and a composite oil pan similar to the GT350.

I got to sit in one as well and the subtle improvements to the interior are great. The new base steering wheel is MUCH nicer (thicker, leather feels less like loose vinyl, no texture, etc...) also really digging the metal accent pieces that are no longer chrome.
So, did it get like that on purpose, or was there a cars and coffee moment?

Sponsored

swlacobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt350 2016 z06 convertable
exhaust tips are not hanging from the rear valance like gt350 either.

OP
OP
whalesalad

whalesalad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
This was at the 2017 Mustang Alley, the car was on display like that :)

I wish I would have taken more photos of the IRS and the front suspension bits. It was kinda tricky because I was kinda hogging the entire display and blocking the view for everyone. I tried to be quick. Nothing really stood out to me (at least based on mental images of my GT PP) other than the active exhaust bits and the composite oil pan. Then again I have never seen my car flipped on it's side like this :D

They had half a dozen on display, 3 or 4 were unlocked and you could sit inside them. Unfortunately, unless I was missing something, the ones with the big ass digital gauge cluster were not unlocked.

There was also an "Engineer Meet n Greet' that I totally didn't take good advantage of... I should have said hi and asked a few questions but there was sooo much going on (Vaughn Gittin was there, the Channel 7 news crew was there, etc... so lots of commotion)

Another thing I noticed is that the air intake on the new engine is significantly larger than the current one. It even looks bigger than a JLT tube. It's like a Folgers coffee can sized intake tube.

Last edited:
OP
OP
whalesalad

whalesalad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
Its cheap either way lol
Note that the GT350 also has a composite oil pan. Added perk is that the "drain bolt" is not really a bolt.

Frankly, I can't think of anything cheaper than a regular ol' stamped steel oil pan.
IMG_7798- w svtp wm.jpg
Sponsored