Sponsored

2018 Mustang Production Starts 10/2 (Update: Scheduling Starts 8/24/17)

GTRacerX.

The Masked Racer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rex
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT Premium PP
Eating a Milky Way

none huh? really? not even one single letter? ya know what I'm sayin'?:D
Probably what happened when he was posting. :lol: :lol:

OP
OP
Spartan

Spartan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer Sport
I wish it were coming earlier also, but I also find it a little ironic that everyone is complaining that the 2018 model is going to be coming out only a little before 2018.
You realize that the '17 Mustang was available in June/July of '16. Car models are now almost 6-9 months ahead of the actual year they represent and almost always out by Sept/Oct. There are plenty of 2018 models already out for various car companies and some were out back in Feb/March of '17 with '18 model year designations.

This isn't a new model, and will be later then the actual S550 new model release which doesn't make sense.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
This isn't a new model, and will be later then the actual S550 new model release which doesn't make sense.
That's the thing I can't wrap my head around. This is just a refresh. Yes the motor is all new and there's significant changes beyond just new bumpers but if they can even get the all-new 2015s out sooner, why is this one so hard?

There were rumors last year that the 2017 model year would be really short and be done by April, with 2018s arriving in June. That would have made more sense to me and lined them up for a sales home run. Them shooting themselves in the foot with a late fall release makes me a little nervous about the 2018s. Something has to be wrong or some kink being worked out. Otherwise the Ford financial guys would be losing their minds at an entire summer and fall without the new car and the 2017s being forced to carry sales for nearly a year and a half.

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2019 Mustang GT Premium+ PP 6spd
Just in time to park it for the winter!:lol:

Blue Horse

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
The word is, that Ford has some MAJOR problems with there new and improved Coyote engine, that is why they have not posted any torque or HP numbers yet.:shrug:

Sponsored

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2019 Mustang GT Premium+ PP 6spd
What winter... doesn't exist down here.
Unfortunately there are a LOT less places that don't see winter VS those who do, soo... we all aren't fortunate.

Kevin08

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
19GT
Just in time to park it for the winter!:lol:
Yup at work, the garage, the stores, pretty much anywhere else I drive it this winter.

If builds don't start till Oct then they won't be at the stealers until mid-Nov, right? I'll be waiting a while to see the different options in the flesh. That means I'll have about another $4-5,000 to throw into the down payment by then, on the bright side.

ApollosWar89

Analyst
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cody
Vehicle(s)
In the Market
Yup at work, the garage, the stores, pretty much anywhere else I drive it this winter.

If builds don't start till Oct then they won't be at the stealers until mid-Nov, right? I'll be waiting a while to see the different options in the flesh. That means I'll have about another $4-5,000 to throw into the down payment by then, on the bright side.
My target area is late Spring 18 to Summer 18 but yes that down payment will be growing!

OP
OP
Spartan

Spartan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer Sport
That's the thing I can't wrap my head around. This is just a refresh. Yes the motor is all new and there's significant changes beyond just new bumpers but if they can even get the all-new 2015s out sooner, why is this one so hard?

There were rumors last year that the 2017 model year would be really short and be done by April, with 2018s arriving in June. That would have made more sense to me and lined them up for a sales home run. Them shooting themselves in the foot with a late fall release makes me a little nervous about the 2018s. Something has to be wrong or some kink being worked out. Otherwise the Ford financial guys would be losing their minds at an entire summer and fall without the new car and the 2017s being forced to carry sales for nearly a year and a half.
I agree. There is something amiss here. Releasing this car in the winter is a completely ridiculous move which means they are hoping that interest is low till spring. Something is up. Maybe its the transmission availability (need more for the F150 for winter)...or maybe the engine isn't up to par yet with the DI. We all know that sales drop for these types of cars as winter hits.

I will say, that the changes coming are MUCH MORE then a refresh. You could say that the '18 Mustang is actually the S550 that is bringing what the 6G Camaro did. Look at what the Camaro brought to market vs what the Mustang did in '15. It's night and day.

Now look at what the '18 brings, new fascias, new lower hood, new engine update, new 10 speed transmission, new 6 speed manual updated, digital gauges, new tech packages, magnetic ride (from the GT350), new tech, 2 PP, redone suspension, more wheels, etc.

There's a lot there vs a refresh, some would say it's a new model with the amount of stuff on it, especially the transmission, engine, tech gauges, etc.

I don't think they would have revealed the car as early as they did, with the release now scheduled for this late. Yes they said fall and that leaves them tons of wiggle room up to Dec but seriously why release a rear-wheel sports car in late fall/winter (where in most parts of the USA, Nov/Dec is BAD weather already). It's a terrible move by the decision makers at Ford.

Nuked

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Triple Yellow GTPP w/Recaros
Vehicle Showcase
I think the other poster hit the nail on the head. F150 is a bigger priority, and rightfully so. Lots of 10speed transmissions to build a supply of, plus the gen3 coyote. Current Mustang sales are still pretty good, so they will ride out the 17 train a little longer while getting Fords true bread and butter, the F150, out to the public sooner. I don't really see much problem with this logic.
Sponsored