Sponsored

2018 Mustang Production Starts 10/2 (Update: Scheduling Starts 8/24/17)

Z_Rocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Import
Sounds like we won't know the HP, TQ and Rev Limiter for another few months, probably close to production.
Sponsored

Storm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S197 Mustang
It's really stupid. Whoever is in charge at Ford on these things is a m---n. Releasing a rear-wheel drive sports car where the majority of the US will be entering winter is just beyond absurdly stupid. If you factor in holds, etc the '18 actually won't be out till almost 2018 and in the dead of winter.

There has to be more going on here...they must not have things worked out yet with the tech/transmission/engine. Highly disappointing.
Isn't there still a few month gap between production starting and when vehicles actually arrive in dealerships? If so, they'd start trickling in by mid/late winter, and probably steady inventories by spring.

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
Maybe they came to their senses and added a few extra months to develop and test a new front bumper.

JonEcoyote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jon
Vehicle(s)
2011,13 Mustang GTs
They are slipping in general. No info on 2018 power, late release, over priced and markups on 3 going on 4 years on 350R's with no end in sight, no response to ZL1+1LE, no response to Hellcat and Demon, an un-a-ford-able and unattainable, non-independently tested halo car, they really are pushing the faithful to look at other competitors. I have expanded my review of new vehicles to look at prior to buying, and I have bought new Fords regularly since 1985.
This

I was interested in upgrading to an '18 but them delaying the power figures, and giving zero performance stats on any of the new 'performance" cars has me looking at slightly used Hellcats. I've had Mustangs since the late 80s :headbonk:

Z_Rocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Import
This

I was interested in upgrading to an '18 but them delaying the power figures, and giving zero performance stats on any of the new 'performance" cars has me looking at slightly used Hellcats. I've had Mustangs since the late 80s :headbonk:
When you find a Hellcat, be sure to check the fender well for tire residues from burnouts and track prep materials. If possible check engine's compression to make sure the rings are not damaged due to high rev or not breaking in properly.
Buying a used high performance, especially leased one is very risky. I went through it once and what a nightmare with transmission.

Sponsored

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
How completely stupid. Production start in Oct, so deliveries won't be until NOV? I guess that's fine for people in CA and FL, but being from the Northeast I certainly won't be ordering until at least Feb or Mar. I was hoping for a job 1 in June 2017 but I guess that's not the case.
Well with so many new parts you may not want a job 1 car anyway. This gives them a few months to get the bugs figured out. Might be a blessing in disguise. If Ford does a 2018 Bullitt I wasn't going to order it till late winter anyway for this very reason.

It's really stupid. Whoever is in charge at Ford on these things is a m---n. Releasing a rear-wheel drive sports car where the majority of the US will be entering winter is just beyond absurdly stupid. If you factor in holds, etc the '18 actually won't be out till almost 2018 and in the dead of winter.

There has to be more going on here...they must not have things worked out yet with the tech/transmission/engine. Highly disappointing.
The 2015 release was almost as stupid, but even those went into production about a month earlier in September I think. But I remember my 2015 EcoBoost being like only the second one the dealer had gotten in so far and I took delivery early November of 2014. I agree that this much of a delay is a little suspicious, but I can't think of what the holdup is unless the new motor isn't ready yet or something. Or hopefully it's because they're fixing those hood vents :lol:

Darkane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Base
Well with so many new parts you may not want a job 1 car anyway. This gives them a few months to get the bugs figured out. Might be a blessing in disguise. If Ford does a 2018 Bullitt I wasn't going to order it till late winter anyway for this very reason.

The 2015 release was almost as stupid, but even those went into production about a month earlier in September I think. But I remember my 2015 EcoBoost being like only the second one the dealer had gotten in so far and I took delivery early November of 2014. I agree that this much of a delay is a little suspicious, but I can't think of what the holdup is unless the new motor isn't ready yet or something. Or hopefully it's because they're fixing those hood vents :lol:
Regarding the engine, when is the '18 F150 due? The new configuration will be in them so I doubt the engine is the holdup. The trucks are the cream of profits so those will NOT be delayed.

Darkane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Base
Found this online, RE: F150.

Per Friday's FDNB (Fleet Distribution News Bulletin) below is the model changeover schedule for the 2017/2018 F-150.

05/05/2017 - 2017MY Fleet Final Order Date
05/04/2017 - 2017MY Last Day to Spec Change
07/02/2017 - 2017MY Job Last Date

05/15/2017 - 2018MY Order Bank Open Date
06/15/2017 - 2018MY Scheduling Begins
07/17/2017 - 2018MY Job #1 Date
The 2018 F-150 Order Guide will be available on or about the date that the USOB (Unscheduled Order Bank) opens and will be uploaded to the Order Guide section at that time.

Omega

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 LB GT PP 401A, Roush 727
My take is that Ford sells more cars from the lot and not from orders. If this is the case it should make more financial sense to start production a little later and hit the spring buying cycle on target.

Probably the same reasoning behind getting the trucks out sooner for winter.

Just like in the PC world, all energetic adopters (we are sometimes called useful idiots) pay more and test the products for the companies so when the real sales to the everyday people hit... They are truly ready.

Same applies here... But still sucks nonetheless.

Roman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, 2013 Fusion
This lines up for me as I'll have a good down payment ready by then as well as another thing paid off. I've waited a long time for another new Mustang...I can wait just a little more.

Sponsored

TomcatDriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Magnetic w/black stripes
I wish it were coming earlier also, but I also find it a little ironic that everyone is complaining that the 2018 model is going to be coming out only a little before 2018.

duckydave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt premium black w/50 yr appearance pkg
Seems that they are going back in time for the release dates
It used to be that ALL car manufacturers would release their new models at the end of Sept or the first of Oct.
Ford started the early release dates back in the 80's and the rest followed

TomcatDriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Magnetic w/black stripes
Seems that they are going back in time for the release dates
It used to be that ALL car manufacturers would release their new models at the end of Sept or the first of Oct.
Ford started the early release dates back in the 80's and the rest followed
Yep. Now it's May of 2017, over a month and a half away from even being half way through the year and the 2018 is already being called late? Meh, I'll wait, but I'm one of those guys who believes that Christmas shouldn't be mentioned until after Thanksgiving. Hmmm...speaking of which, that ought to work out just about right...

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
My 2017 will be ready June 1st!

NO RAGRETS!

GTRacerX.

The Masked Racer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rex
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT Premium PP
2017 & Mod Away !!!

Where is the fun in buying a car that has everything you ever wanted in a Mustang GT? Oh yeah and you have to pay a bundle for. :doh:

Glad I ordered my 2017 - And I have my Mod list in hand. :headbang:
:cheers:

:ford:

Plus I can do it over time. :thumbsup:
Sponsored