Sponsored

2018 Mustang Production Starts 10/2 (Update: Scheduling Starts 8/24/17)

Clink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Focus
Oh that sucks. I might call them and see if they can change my order to a stock order. So it'll get built quicker. If not I might buy a 2017. Which sucks cause I'll lose my deposit :(
Be careful, a lot of those who snuck in stock orders in 2014 had their cars built and they sat for 2 months in QC. In some cases shipping after retail cars built well after them.
Sponsored

Tony Alonso

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'01/'09/'19 Bullitt, '90 GT, '00 Corvette FRC
Be careful, a lot of those who snuck in stock orders in 2014 had their cars built and they sat for 2 months in QC. In some cases shipping after retail cars built well after them.
Precisely...my 2015 was built on September 6, got it on November 4. Had to watch a lot of people start driving them while I hurried up and waited :-)

Rodsaleen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Orange Fury Mustang GT
New guy here. This may be a dumb question but what is the difference between stock and retail order?

pardoneo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ex-'16 Mustang EcoBaby // Current '16 GT Convertible

sbrenskell

Waiting for OF
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stacie
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Gt Premium FB Orange fury
Vehicle Showcase
I'm going to wait. I want that window sticker to say special order. :). Might as well. Since here in NC we don't usually have a hash winter till January/February. I just hope if we have snow my dealer will hold it till it melts. Since I bought in in Greenville,Sc and I live just up the mountain from it.

Sponsored

crs2879

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
With any new model, or refresh, I would wait until Spring to order anyway (exactly what I did with my '15 GT and my '17 F250).
Might be frustrating to wait but it makes logical business sense that the factory is going to supply dealers with inventory before they build Special Orders.....

DickR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ruby Red GTPP MagneRide 301A 10A and 1997 GT
My 2015 base GT PP was special ordered in mid November 14, assembled just before Christmas, and delivered Jan 10, 2015. I'm at 30K miles and hundreds of autocross runs with no issues other than the door latch recall. I plan to "upgrade" to a 2018 base GT PP with 10A, 301A, magneride, and Nav. Due to the delayed production start compared to the 15 I expect to special order sometime in December with delivery likely in late Feb or so. I'm assuming there are far more carry over parts and assemblies with the 18's than with the mostly new except for the transmissions 15's.

5.0yote

AKA Bananana & 3.7Cyclone
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
Vehicle Showcase
I am going to hold on to my 16 EBM till the end of next year then depending on stock will either get another used 16-17 GT vert Manual as the prices will be really decent for a sub 40K car. If I hold out till spring of 19. I possibly may wait for a low miles used 18 if the money is right, as of right now I would not pay what they are asking in an increase, I would rather pay that money on a more loaded used 18 with the goodies than new off the lot or ordered.

lpe403

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang GT
Does anyone know of a dealer in California that knows what they are doing and can order an 18? I spoken to two dealers that are cluless,

Sponsored

z460

MR.BIG SHOT
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JT
Vehicle(s)
f250
Damn that is a long time Damn Ford wtf are you all doing going to look at trucks now

goldengooner

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2016 California Special Convertible
Stock orders are for the dealer to have on the lot to sell. Retail orders I think just means the car is sold before it's built.

When I order my 2018 I want it to be retail. Especially since the guys that ordered 2015's first had to wait for QC reasons. I don't mind waiting untill December for delivery plus my window sticker will say "special order" lol. Does anyone know if the window sticker will have my name on it? I know FCA does that with special orders.
Retail orders are "Special Orders" When I wanted my CS could have got 2 that were on the car lots, but I wanted fully Speced so got a Factory Build, Factory Built car was built to "Special Order"

5.0yote

AKA Bananana & 3.7Cyclone
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
Vehicle Showcase
With any new model, or refresh, I would wait until Spring to order anyway (exactly what I did with my '15 GT and my '17 F250).
Might be frustrating to wait but it makes logical business sense that the factory is going to supply dealers with inventory before they build Special Orders.....
You should also wait for after Jan for incentive packages.
Sponsored