1 old racer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
2018 Royal Crimson GT PP1 prem., and others
Vehicle Showcase
i installed a throttle controler from Vitesse on my CTSV to get rid of the throttle lag. It really brought out the beast in her. Think I will research to see if there is one for our car.
Sponsored

michail71

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT 401a A10
A couple days ago my car did have a lag that showed up a few times durring the day. I had never seen it do that before. I started pulling out in traffic but the car didn't want to go. Then it kicked in way too much causing me to start bucking the car like it was a manual.

The next day it was gone.

I have an E85 tune so that might factor in to the oddnes. But these cars sometimes have a mind of their own.

Shifting_Gears

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Same with my 16 GT PP. Throttle response is quick sometimes, others it feels like I never touched the gas. Sometimes I mash it and get pinned back, sometimes I mash it and am left waiting on the power.

WarmFZI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Convertible
Just got a 2019 GT, and in sport mode on the 350 mile drive (fly and buy) home this "lag" was very noticeable. I'd hold rpm steady at say 3K, then apply an extra ~30% throttle. I tried gears 4-8 with this process and all exhibit it. Feels like lean CV carbs on a motorcycle.

Sponsored

Linkster1666

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Link
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium Orange Fury PP1 A10 401A 3:55
Vehicle Showcase
IMHO there will always be a little delay on any wired throttle system. Now then, I think what some of you are feeling is the torque converter lock-up/release, and the throttle response after that. That whole motion takes sometime, and milliseconds add up.

Roll racing SUCKS anyway.