Sponsored

2018 GT PP1 : delayed throttle response

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Then why doesn’t my C7 GS do this ? My 14 GT500 didn’t do it either. Drove a Audi R8 and didn’t do it. Need some other owners of the 18 Mustang GT to chime in please. Thanks.
I'm willing to believe there are some cars that don't do it, but every car I've owned or ridden in does it.
Sponsored

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2019 Mustang GT Premium+ PP 6spd
I see you are a manual. I am trying to remember if my 16 PP had this feeling. What RPM are you shifting into 2nd when it feels like this?

** Edit **

Actually now that I'm thinking about it, I do remember this and I do remember other people complaining about it and resorting to the throttle boxes mentioned above. I do know that my tune completely removed that issue. I seems like Ford has carried over the same configuration to the 2018 manual. I know that I do not feel this issue in the auto. It's actually quite scary when you are WOT through all the gears. The power never dies off which I think is why this car just feels faster than my last one.

Last edited:

5.0 435

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
.07 Shelby SGT #0016 ...18 GT PP1 manual
10 mph in first gear ...then punch it and there is a tenth of a second delay. Nothing to do with shifting.

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
10 mph in first gear ...then punch it and there is a tenth of a second delay. Nothing to do with shifting.
What RPMs? If you do 10MPH and "punch it", the tires will light up. So I'm confused. Are you driving around lighting up your tires all the time?

Anyways, just tune it. A simple canned tune will make a big difference.

BladeGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 HBM 1SS TR6060 NPP
I get a throttle delay as well. Ive owned mostly boosted cars and it feels exactly like turbo lag, super annoying on a 460hp pony car.....f*cker should just fly. After reading the posts, i have my nannies set on " sport advance trac". I never disengaged TC/ESC completely. Is it even possible....hold TC button down for 5 sec. do it? I would assume removing a fuse would throw codes...dont want to do that, but if its the only way to get raw power....f it im in.

Sponsored

hiccup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT black base PP RECAROS
Ford did all these improvements for the '18 s550 and left the same ol throttle lag on it? ..I've watched YouTube videos of guys claiming it's no longer a problem..Does the added hp/torque mask it it a bit?

5OhSilver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT S/C PP2 - '15 GT PP - '18 GT
Owner of a 2018 GT here. Mine's the 6 speed and it does this also. Coming from a drive by cable Mustang this feels like you wait a century for the car to actually respond to your throttle inputs. I can bury the throttle in neutral and come out of it fast enough to where it only gets to about 2500 RPM's. I hope ford will do the power packs with the 2018, that way I can tune it out (hopefully) without losing risking the warranty.

Bald Menace

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Menace
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2 king Cobra
I don't have that issue in my A10 equipped 18 GT.

sigintel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
Its a throttle debounce delay.
Try starting at a higher rpm and see if there is a specific rpm you notice it less.
Try again with tcs off, at off, both full off(hold long for full disengage).

Sponsored

BladeGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 HBM 1SS TR6060 NPP
Its a throttle debounce delay.
Try starting at a higher rpm and see if there is a specific rpm you notice it less.
Try again with tcs off, at off, both full off(hold long for full disengage).
Everything completely disengaged and below 4k the car is a sloth @ WOT. Get to 4-4.5k.....stab it....VTEC just kicked in yo!! Car lunges forward and pulls like mad all the way to redline. There is just no low end torque with this car. Guys with 10r80 dont have this problem cause you got 10 f'n gears. When i pin it in 2nd i cant break the tires loose for the life of me. Either im getting tremendous grip or somethings not right.

Bald Menace

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Menace
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2 king Cobra
That is Torque management and drive by wire.

sigintel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
Stay between 4000 - 7800.
Its a DOHC motor not push rod.
The Gen3 coyote sweet spot is 6000-7500.
LS might be done at 6500.

If you like crazy torque low end, go Whipple.

Terminator03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1 6 speed
My 2017 camaro SS has the same motor as your Vette and has more throttle delay than my 18 GT

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
There's a lot of confusion of throttle response and torque curve here.
Sponsored