Sponsored

2018 GT PP1 : delayed throttle response

Nabush

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 SS 1LE / Corvette C7 GrandSport M7
Guys,

Still pretty new with my 18gt stang I noticed something which annoys me.

When I apply full throttle quickly from a steady speed, lets say 40 mph in 2 gear, first few tenth of a second it feels I don’t have full throttle, like a lag.

It is very annoying for a NA engine where you shoud have instant response. My C7 GS doesn’t do that, as my previous NA cars.

Note that I didn’t try it in drag mode to see if this is still present...

Any tips ?

Thanks
Sponsored

bootlegger

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
Ex 2008 Mustang GT Owner
The throttle mapping is pretty conservative in all but track mode, but yeah, it shouldn’t lag.

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
Tune it.

Sponsored

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)
Guys,

Still pretty new with my 18gt stang I noticed something which annoys me.

When I apply full throttle quickly from a steady speed, lets say 40 mph in 2 gear, first few tenth of a second it feels I don’t have full throttle, like a lag.

It is very annoying for a NA engine where you shoud have instant response. My C7 GS doesn’t do that, as my previous NA cars.

Note that I didn’t try it in drag mode to see if this is still present...

Any tips ?

Thanks

Yeah^^, take off traction control.....

OP
OP

Nabush

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your hitting traction control.
40 mph it 2nd, lol. Yea, WOT will blow the tires off if you pull the tc fuse.
It is with TC/ESC off ...

It is not really a delayed response, the response is here but not all the power

For few tenth it is like I have 50% torque then 100%. It is tiny but annoying

I was wondering if it was not because of the dual injection, the time to switch from indirect to direct...I know the dual system is only port a low rpm then port and DI at WOT or medium loads...

Last edited:

hiccup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT black base PP RECAROS
Its a "drive by wire" throttle. Gonna be some delay. Ford retains it year after year. Another thing they do for the aftermarket companies. You can buy an aftermarket throttle enhancing device to correct it but they are pricey.

OP
OP

Nabush

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Its a "drive by wire" throttle. Gonna be some delay. Ford retains it year after year. Another thing they do for the aftermarket companies. You can buy an aftermarket throttle enhancing device to correct it but they are pricey.
All cars have "drive by wire" throttle since at least 15 years...:shrug:

I don't want to hear about these crappy things like "vitesse throttle controller"...They just artificially offset the throttle input.

In the Vette, steady to WOT I take a slam in the ass (yes it has more torque and less weight), It is too smooth for my taste in the Mustang...I need to test, but I think I remember this also at high rpm...

Or it's because the whole drivetrain line flex more...:shrug:

Sponsored

SergeyMelnik

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sergey
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Its not throttle delay. Your ecu sees your pedal input instantly and then your throttlebody sees the instructions from the ecu instantly after that. Whats happening is when you floor it the ecu tells the throttle body to gradually open. This way the car doesnt break the tires loose and is "safer". Its called torque management. A tune can get rid of it.

OP
OP

Nabush

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Its not throttle delay. Your ecu sees your pedal input instantly and then your throttlebody sees the instructions from the ecu instantly after that. Whats happening is when you floor it the ecu tells the throttle body to gradually open. This way the car doesnt break the tires loose and is "safer". Its called torque management. A tune can get rid of it.
Hi,

I'm pretty aware of torque management strategies on turbocharged engine. I wondered at some point if someone would talk about that...

I just don't get the point of putting that on a NA engine, especially on an engine which can not be called "a torque monster". Moreover I can understand to have that in place in normal mode, but not in Sport+ track or Drag....

The LT1 has way more torque and doesn't have torque management (or if it has, I don't feel it)

5.0 435

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
.07 Shelby SGT #0016 ...18 GT PP1 manual
It is annoying as hell and yes the C7 doesn’t do this. Any suggestions on how to override this. Don’t want a tune or CAI unless that’s the only fix.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
That delay is a common strategy for all modern cars to give better fuel economy. Thank the people who think we should all live in tiny boxes and ride a bus or train to work.

5.0 435

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
.07 Shelby SGT #0016 ...18 GT PP1 manual
That delay is a common strategy for all modern cars to give better fuel economy. Thank the people who think we should all live in tiny boxes and ride a bus or train to work.
Then why doesn’t my C7 GS do this ? My 14 GT500 didn’t do it either. Drove a Audi R8 and didn’t do it. Need some other owners of the 18 Mustang GT to chime in please. Thanks.
Sponsored