Sponsored

2018 gauge cluster retrofit

db252

Equinsu Ocha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT Premium/PP/Nav
Nice job Ray and thanks for all that detail. Enjoy it and I know your eagerly awaiting the heated steering wheel. Still trying to figure out the right part number(s) to order. Finally found a as-built data sheet on an 18 that’s as close as can be for my 16 PP manual. Keep the updates coming.
Sponsored

Dirtyblueshirt

Award Winning Taste™
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger Lariat Tremor
Here is an updated video showing all the functions of the LCD Cluster. This was using the Navi button and the settings button along with the pony button as well.

I don't recall seeing it answered, but did you have to get the cluster programmed to the car somehow? In other Ford Cars I've tinkered with, the cluster was linked to the immobilization system, so that if you put in a different cluster without some sort of programming, the car wouldn't even turn on. Is this the case with the Mustang, and are there any tricks to sync the odometer from one cluster to another?

p6cl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
I don't recall seeing it answered, but did you have to get the cluster programmed to the car somehow? In other Ford Cars I've tinkered with, the cluster was linked to the immobilization system, so that if you put in a different cluster without some sort of programming, the car wouldn't even turn on. Is this the case with the Mustang, and are there any tricks to sync the odometer from one cluster to another?
That is how it is with cars with an actual key. For instance, my 2014 Ford Mustang needed PATS. All push-button start vehicles have the PATS key part in another module or BCM (guessing). The IPC can swap and the car will still start. My Instrument Cluster was new and It worked somewhat. I had to use IDS to PMI the cluster to be able to change the asbuilt codes. Forscan updated their software with a beta for me and the programming took, but I also used IDS to PMI the cluster with the help from FordPIMods.com. I was not able to do the PMI myself as my car is a 2016. If you have a 2018 there should be no problems what so ever. Or if you have access to one to program the cluster then put it in yours would work as well. Maybe a rental car or something would work to program only. Until someone else gets a new cluster and tries the new Forscan to see if it will work. ( I am guessing with the fix they did, it will work with Forscan only. I could see all the asbuilt codes in the IPC it would error when I tried to change them).

Last edited:

dev1360

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DIB 2016 S550
I want this. I'm REALLY curious to know if the redline can be changed. My whipple will sing to 8,100, and it'd be neat to have it read past that.

p6cl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I believe it's in the firmware, so doubtful unless newer model has higher RPM

Sponsored

buzz-dee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Premium PP
Here is an updated video showing all the functions of the LCD Cluster. This was using the Navi button and the settings button along with the pony button as well.

This is awesome!
Im really curious what it looks like when you actually start navigating.
Are the turn-by-turn directions shown directly in the the cluster? I would love to see that in a video.

Great Job!

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra

Awesome!

So, is your conversion now 100% completed? Will there be a complete updated parts listing and instructional?

One more question... :)
Does the line lock smoking tire icon appear when activated?

Thanks for sharing all of your updates and the actual work in progress during the research/testing phase!!

w1ldthing

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alun
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT V8 (MY17)
Was going to mention the same thing, if someone can help me determine which part # is for the ‘18 5.0 6-speed I’m going to go ahead and order. :cool:
Only difference I can see is one is for kph/mph and the other is mph/kph

p6cl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
This is awesome!
Im really curious what it looks like when you actually start navigating.
Are the turn-by-turn directions shown directly in the the cluster? I would love to see that in a video.

Great Job!
Yes there is a picture of that working before I even had the buttons working I can take a video, just not now it is very cold outside. Like 4 degrees.
https://ibb.co/f3Vr5G

Sponsored

db252

Equinsu Ocha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT Premium/PP/Nav
Only difference I can see is one is for kph/mph and the other is mph/kph
I don’t think that’s it because you can actually change it to mph or km within the settings menu. I still don’t know yet either. Should be able to get an answer when everything is back open.

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
Mustang EcoBoost MT Race Red EURO - NO MORE

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
Mustang EcoBoost MT Race Red EURO - NO MORE
I don’t think that’s it because you can actually change it to mph or km within the settings menu. I still don’t know yet either. Should be able to get an answer when everything is back open.
According to the video posted, he could only changed the info inside the tacho on the right, changing from mi to mi\km, but the big tacho was still in mph.
Maybe there's a different unit for canada\europe\other countries with kph.

w1ldthing

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alun
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT V8 (MY17)
...LB
Part Description: 6 Speed Manual Transmission-MT82, Full TFT/LCD Instrument Cluster, With MPH/KMH Speedometer

...MB
Part Description: 6 Speed Manual Transmission-MT82, Full TFT/LCD Instrument Cluster, With KPH/MPH Speedometer
Sponsored