Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Well, here's something to keep in mind.

People who have either done GT350 cluster swaps into other Mustangs or have flashed the GT350 firmware onto their cluster lose their drive modes. Apparently, the drive modes are treated differently between the cars. The toggle on the FCIM (center stack) stops working. It must be still looking for a signal from the SCCM (steering column.)

The IPC (cluster) has a lot to do with whether or not the drive modes work and are available. I know from doing a base radio to Sync 3 swap that you have to change the IPC as-built in order to enable the drive mode toggle on the premium FCIM.

Being that you're in a 350, the modes are on the steering wheel. Given that you need to change the module in the steering wheel (SCCM) will need to change for the cluster swap, you're almost certainly going to loose access to your drive modes.

You may be able to swap in a regular premium FCIM (center stack) that has the drive mode toggle, but I would assume that it still wouldn't work. The GT350 has drive modes that differ from the regular cars, so the all-digital IPC probably doesn't understand those.
You hit the nail on the head. However, there is a bit that tells the cluster where to look for the drive modes input. Its 720-06-01 XXxx xxxx xxxx. 7D is default for FCIM. I guess we could compare to a GT350 and see...Of course the software will not know what to do with the input anyways. Probably won't change modes. If they add this to the GT500 we may be able to update the software in these.
Sponsored

Spart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
If they add this to the GT500 we may be able to update the software in these.
I can't imagine they wont - but it remains to be seen if the drive modes in that care are in common with the 350 or their own thing entirely.

DarkHor$e

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
RaceRed '17 PP Base- Sold!!!

schenoy1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2015. Ruby Red
you're better off getting it through [MENTION=20927]OEMRadio[/MENTION] rather than ford parts

Absolutely not! The Oemradio guy is MIA since last year. I just ordered all the parts I need, $1641. Ill install myself.

Sponsored

5 O UFO

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium Convertible
Please keep this thread on subject and dispense with the bickering (posts removed). Thanks!

SabrGhst

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Roush Warrior Scout Stage 3 Phase 2
Anyone had issues with their battery being drained? Ever since I installed the cluster something sucks my battery dry in about three days. I've had to put it on a tender ever since. Didn't do this before I put in the cluster. Any thoughts?
Sponsored