Sponsored

2018 gauge cluster retrofit

prj_tchalla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang 2.3L Ecoboost Convertible
YES, this also included the clock spring as well, so I have to return the one I bought. It is the same price for the whole module piece that includes it all. I believe if you have the B at the end, that is the one without the heated steering wheel option.
Do we know if this is the same model for cars with:

Rain Sensing Wipers?
Adaptive Cruise Control?

I am assuming the SCCM would have all those capabilities, just whether it is turned in via AsBuilt.
Sponsored

p6cl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
The RPM number isn't showing? Can you turn that on/off?
That only shows in a manual car, I have an automatic. I can take a look and see if I can get that programmed. But it is one or the other (gear indicator or RPM)

p6cl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Do we know if this is the same model for cars with:

Rain Sensing Wipers?
Adaptive Cruise Control?

I am assuming the SCCM would have all those capabilities, just whether it is turned in via AsBuilt.
The part I ordered was JR3Z-3F791-HA I do not have adaptive cruise or rain sensing wipers. That would have to be a different last two letters. This part does replace the turn signal switch and the wiper switch. It is a all in one piece with the clock spring as well. The one I ordered was for heated steering wheel and will work without that heated steering wheel as well.

So this part number above is for my Automatic with No Adaptive Cruise or rain sensing.

On another note about my high beams not showing in the cluster, I believe the new 2018 Mustang has automatic high beams if I am not mistaken.

Last edited:

p6cl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
JR3Z-3F791-HA -- MINE AUTO NO ADAPTIVE CRUISE.
JR3Z-3F791-JA
JR3Z-3F791-KA
JR3Z-3F791-LA
HOUSING ASSEMBLY STEERING COLUMN
These are the only other part numbers that showed up, but no idea what options these are for. If anyone can help that helped me, maybe can shed some light.

soldier989

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GTPP Premium
That only shows in a manual car, I have an automatic. I can take a look and see if I can get that programmed. But it is one or the other (gear indicator or RPM)
Ah, good to know. Kind of odd for Ford to have taken that off the Auto. At least make it so it can't be turned on/off. Congrats on getting the retrofit done and proving it works!

(Go Cavs/Tribe!)

Sponsored

cpelaez1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cristian
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shadow Black 5.0 Vert
HUGE UPDATE. All is working now. I replaced the Module in the steering wheel which came with the clockspring and SCCM Module built in and then programmed it with a great great program called Forscan and viola, all is working in the cluster and all buttons are working as they should and I will upload a video. Very excited. Still waiting on heated steering wheel to come in as well, but very big news that the wiring did NOT need to be changed in the steering wheel for those that do not want to change anything with that.

This is so epic!

p6cl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
[MENTION=32917]p6cl[/MENTION] WOW THANK YOU!

Would you mind making a video showing the different modes?
Also, do you think this mod could be done on a base car that does not have the big Sync screen? Or would it be necessary to upgrade Sync first?
If you mean sport mode and track mode? That is in my other YouTube video I posted a few pages back. On page 11. I will take a new video soon with what all the new buttons on the steering wheel do, like the navi and settings button.

Last edited:

p6cl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

Amaury

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
na
HUGE UPDATE. All is working now. I replaced the Module in the steering wheel which came with the clockspring and SCCM Module built in and then programmed it with a great great program called Forscan and viola, all is working in the cluster and all buttons are working as they should and I will upload a video. Very excited. Still waiting on heated steering wheel to come in as well, but very big news that the wiring did NOT need to be changed in the steering wheel for those that do not want to change anything with that.

Nice work. Is this the only gauge style that works? I wonder what would change to swap it on a 2015...

p6cl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Nice work. Is this the only gauge style that works? I wonder what would change to swap it on a 2015...
This was just a quick video to show that I have it's all working now. The other video in the previous pages is on YouTube and shows the cluster working with Sport Mode and Track Mode. Everything functions except the high beam indicator, which I believe the 2018 has auto high beams. The cluster should work as an Instrument Cluster in any model Mustang from 2015 on, 2018 would be the easiest with just programming with Forscan, I do not know what functions would not work with Sync 2 or the base sync. If I took an educated guess I would say the Navigation would not display as it does not have it on the base sync and the rest I would imagine would function to some extent.

Last edited:

Dirtyblueshirt

Award Winning Taste™
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger Lariat Tremor
This was just a quick video to show that I have it's all working now. The other video in the previous pages is on YouTube and shows the cluster working with Sport Mode and Track Mode. Everything functions except the high beam indicator, which I believe the 2018 has auto high beams. The cluster should work as an Instrument Cluster in any model Mustang from 2015 on, 2018 would be the easiest with just programming with Forscan, I do not know what functions would not work with Sync 2 or the base sync. If I took an educated guess I would say the Navigation would not display as it does not have it on the base sync and the rest I would imagine would function to some extent.
Do you plan a full write-up on the part numbers and steps? I may see this in my near future as my warranty clock ticks away... I do have adaptive cruise, nav, and auto wipers as well.

lbroskee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EcoBoost Premium
[MENTION=32917]p6cl[/MENTION] im assuming youll need to get the new buttons as well? like the ones with pony and moves mute into volume controls (dont have to move volume to left side like in an 18 tho?)?

p6cl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
[MENTION=32917]p6cl[/MENTION]

I think I just found your SCCM. Upon further investigation, it appears as though the SCCM is integrated into the "steering column housing".

This one states heated steering wheel and automatic.

http://www.fordparts.com/Commerce/P...search=true&year=2018&make=Ford&model=Mustang

According to the C226A Connector Face, there is no difference between 15-18 and no difference for heated steering wheel so this, the wheel, and a programming change in sync 3 should be all that you need to have a functioning heated wheel.
Huge thanks for the part number to get the switches working.
Sponsored