Sponsored

2018 gauge cluster retrofit

livewire2003

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ruby Red Mustang GT
To start, [MENTION=32917]p6cl[/MENTION] is the master of this project and has made most of the ground work for any of us trying but I have tried to contribute what I can and I appreciate it.

You and I have basically the same car as long as you don’t have adaptive cruise. Your parts are all correct for this application. You don’t have the heated steering wheel listed but you may not want that. If not, you can save a few bucks on the steering column control as they make one that is not associated with a heated wheel but that part will still work and be ready if you ever want to go to the heated wheel.

I have all the as-built codes from an 18 that is almost identical to what my 16 and probably yours but I have no idea which codes will need to be changed yet until I get to that part of the build.

Forscan is fairly easy and the process is located in the diy section in a sticky and that is all the help you’ll need in that regard.

Part wise.

Is this the same list for a '15 401A with SYNC 3 retrofit?
Sponsored

Spart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
Auto high beams were only equipped with “safe & smart package” mustangs. That means ABD exists for an LCD cluster without auto high beams.
For anybody that's out there downloading as-built files and looking at window stickers and trying to figure this out, be sure to contribute some 2018 cars to the S550 As-Built Library!

db252

Equinsu Ocha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT Premium/PP/Nav
Ok, I'm betting there is another issue for those of us going to the heated steering wheel but at least I've found the part. Out of the stock Ford and partner brand vehicles, all that come with the heated wheel have a HSWM (Heated Steering Wheel Module). The 18's also have extra 720 code that we know about for certain features which is why we needed the SCCM as well. There are two new as-built codes in the Mustang with heated wheel as well as the other models that come with heated wheels. They are :

714-01-01
714-02-01

These tie in directly to the HSWM and are the only two added. The first deals with heated steering wheel support and the second deals with the temp of the wheel. These can't be written without the module. The other line code is 7A7-01-02 but we already have this in our as-built so only coding changes will happen with that line.

This is the HSWM part number for the 18 Mustang:

DG9Z-14B561-B

EDIT: Got the wiring harness part that attaches to the HSWM and goes somewhere else hopefully making it all oem. I will be continually searching for whatever else is part of making it all work. The part number for the wiring harness is:

JR3Z-14401-L

I am still working on part number for the bracket that holds it but I don't care as much about this. The bracket would be for an oem mount and not ultimately needed and the wiring harness would also be for oem reasons but one could be made.

I was researching this heated wheel project while waiting for all my parts and I'm pretty positive we will need it. Credit goes to [MENTION=25893]DanMc85[/MENTION] as he did a heated steering wheel retrofit to his Fusion that I found which showed the process, as-built lines, the module and everything else. Take a look here:

http://www.2gfusions.net/showthread.php?tid=6598

I am pot committed and won't be stopping.

Attn: [MENTION=32917]p6cl[/MENTION]

Last edited:

Sponsored

DallasEl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dallas
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
You guys know if you can still do the build and just have some missing functionality since the steering column is back-ordered? Wondering if the cluster will still properly track mileage and the car will mostly work.

p6cl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
You guys know if you can still do the build and just have some missing functionality since the steering column is back-ordered? Wondering if the cluster will still properly track mileage and the car will mostly work.
Yes

mrg_at_starlabs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost Vert & 2017 Ford Mustang GT Vert.
Got my Steering Wheel today and it is the heated version, however it is the one with Adaptive Cruise. I should be able to just switch the switch on that side. Here was the part number I ordered for Automatic with adaptive cruise part would be:

JR3Z-3600-MA JR3Z-3600-LA - Would be without adaptive cruise - automatic - paddle shifters

Wheel Assembly - Steering

$281.96

$281.96
Since you said that the Steering wheel is for an Adaptive Cruise Control... Does that mean that the Steering wheels come WITH the switches when ordered?
Meaning, we don't need to buy new switches?

Oh does it only come with bottom switches(left and right) but you still have to purchase the top switches (left, right, up, down) switches for both sides?

p6cl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Since you said that the Steering wheel is for an Adaptive Cruise Control... Does that mean that the Steering wheels come WITH the switches when ordered?
Meaning, we don't need to buy new switches?

Oh does it only come with bottom switches(left and right) but you still have to purchase the top switches (left, right, up, down) switches for both sides?
Comes with all switches

wilkinda65

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2020 Charger ScatPackWB
TASCA Ford Parts

INSTRUMENT CLUSTER - FORD (JR3Z-10849-JG)
List Price: $1,390.94
You Save: $419.11 (30% off)
Sale Price: $971.83
Core Charge: $300.00

Sponsored

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Just curious - why does the steering column need to be replaced, is this only required in 2015-2017’s?

db252

Equinsu Ocha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT Premium/PP/Nav
Just curious - why does the steering column need to be replaced, is this only required in 2015-2017’s?
Th actual steering column doesn’t need to be replaced. The SCCM (Steering Column CONTROL MODULE) needs to be replaced to the MY 18 version as it has additional as-built data blocks in it for the programming of the steering wheel control changes on the 18’s.

TripleB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Snack Pack- Whipple Stage 2
Ok, just ordered all my stuff including heated steering wheel.

Instrument Cluster
JR3Z-10849-LB

Steering Wheel
JR3Z-3600-GA <——— This is a corrected and accurate part number now. Previous was HA.

Switch Assembly Left Hand Upper
JR3Z-9C888-AA

Switch Assembly Right Hand Lower
JR3Z-9C888-EA

Switch Assembly Right Hand Upper
JR3Z-9C888-CA

Instrument Panel
JR3Z-63044D70-BA

Steering Column Housing Assembly
JR3Z-3F791-HA

My car for reference is a 2016 PP Manual 5.0 with Sync 3 and Navigation without adaptive cruise and without blind spot detection.

Here’s hoping no problems will exist thanks to [MENTION=32917]p6cl[/MENTION] priceless experience and shared knowledge.
What’s the cost for all this?

I have a 2015 premium gt pp, will this even work with Microsoft touch?

db252

Equinsu Ocha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT Premium/PP/Nav
What’s the cost for all this?

I have a 2015 premium gt pp, will this even work with Microsoft touch?
There are variables to deal with that are still unknown from my perspective because I haven’t even got to start the physical build yet. You copied my parts list from above and my guess is the dash will work for you but minus some full features. Your biggest hurdle is that 15’s didn’t come with sync3 which may be necessary but I don’t know. The heated steering wheel I don’t think will work because the control to turn it off and on is in sync3 but the wheel may be of no importance for you.

Cost for dash stuff is around $1500. Add the heated steering wheel and necessary components and you’re up to around $2k. Necessary programming as-built is free with forscan. There could be some extra costs that we haven’t seen coming yet from this point in the posting but I’m guessing nothing more. My latest additional purchase was the heated steering wheel module (HSWM) and the wiring harness that incorporates that module and I’ve included that in the cost.

p6cl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
There are variables to deal with that are still unknown from my perspective because I haven’t even got to start the physical build yet. You copied my parts list from above and my guess is the dash will work for you but minus some full features. Your biggest hurdle is that 15’s didn’t come with sync3 which may be necessary but I don’t know. The heated steering wheel I don’t think will work because the control to turn it off and on is in sync3 but the wheel may be of no importance for you.

Cost for dash stuff is around $1500. Add the heated steering wheel and necessary components and you’re up to around $2k. Necessary programming as-built is free with forscan. There could be some extra costs that we haven’t seen coming yet from this point in the posting but I’m guessing nothing more. My latest additional purchase was the heated steering wheel module (HSWM) and the wiring harness that incorporates that module and I’ve included that in the cost.
The Sync 2 also had heated steering wheel option you could program. So Maybe. Won't know until someone tries. Cluster will function, but to what extent who knows. Maybe no Navi in the cluster, small things like that.
Sponsored