Sponsored

2018 gauge cluster retrofit

scott_0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
does the navigation in the cluster only work with the factory navigation, or does it support Car Play and Android Auto navigation as well?
Sponsored

MixTape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard Green 2015 Ford Mustang EcoBoost PP
does the navigation in the cluster only work with the factory navigation, or does it support Car Play and Android Auto navigation as well?
I know in older clusters - ie the Fusion with the two displays - nav is restricted to embedded nav, not CarPlay. Would love if this wasn't the case for the new Mustang cluster

H@mmer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT w/ Too Many Mods
1% chance it'll work with Android/Apple as those are just screen emulations and it's highly doubtful Sync will be able to intercept any of that to communicate it to the dash.

db252

Equinsu Ocha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT Premium/PP/Nav
Ok, just ordered all my stuff including heated steering wheel.

Instrument Cluster
JR3Z-10849-LB

Steering Wheel
JR3Z-3600-HA <——— This may or may not be a correct last 2 letter part. We will see.

Switch Assembly Left Hand Upper
JR3Z-9C888-AA

Switch Assembly Right Hand Lower
JR3Z-9C888-EA

Switch Assembly Right Hand Upper
JR3Z-9C888-CA

Instrument Panel
JR3Z-63044D70-BA

Steering Column Housing Assembly
JR3Z-3F791-HA

My car for reference is a 2016 PP Manual 5.0 with Sync 3 and Navigation without adaptive cruise and without blind spot detection.

Here’s hoping no problems will exist thanks to [MENTION=32917]p6cl[/MENTION] priceless experience and shared knowledge.
Ok just found the correct heated steering wheel for the 6 speed manual using the vin from the build I am using for as-built code. This was done through a contact of a contact at Ford and is somewhat of a pain I’m told. However the CORRECT steering wheel part number is JR3Z-3600-GA and I will be making the correction to my order.

p6cl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
I tried Android Auto and it does not show the navigation in the cluster. In says to (look at screen).

Sponsored

p6cl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
wonder wat nav button wud do while using AA or carplay for nav
It shows (see touchscreen) and does nothing else. I tried it. I am going to go out and try Apple carplay now.

Last edited:

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mustang, 1965 AC Cobra, 2023 Ford Bronco 2Dr
I do not think apple carplay or android auto will do anything with the cluster just because of how they work. As far as I know, they work by basically treating the in dash screen as a monitor and input device and nothing more. No integration for data and as such no way for the cluster to display any navigation info.

p6cl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I do not think apple carplay or android auto will do anything with the cluster just because of how they work. As far as I know, they work by basically treating the in dash screen as a monitor and input device and nothing more. No integration for data and as such no way for the cluster to display any navigation info.
Tried apple carplay and it is the same as android auto. Does not work in Instrument cluster.
https://ibb.co/cDUzxG

lbroskee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EcoBoost Premium
Oh well. At least I know I won’t get wierd errors for not having OEM nav at least

Sponsored

USAF

#GTFOsquad_0047
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 1993 GT
This shit is awesome. Great work /research to all you guys....

Not sure if this was asked. If you swap the 18’ exhaust can you get the active excuse to work??

p6cl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

Not sure if this was asked. If you swap the 18’ exhaust can you get the active excuse to work??
No clue until someone tries. I plan to put it in the future if it is possible.

Last edited:

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mustang, 1965 AC Cobra, 2023 Ford Bronco 2Dr
No clue until someone tries. I plan to in the future.
I plan to go back into the wiring diagrams soon to see if I can find the answer. Certainly the cluster is one part but the active exhaust solenoids need to connect to something. My hunch is that a new BCMB will be required. Solenoids connect to BCMB (Body Control Module B is located in the trunk) and then cluster controls exhaust through CAN Bus. What I hope is not the case is those exhaust valves being connected to the main BCM as that would be a big pain in the a**.

db252

Equinsu Ocha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT Premium/PP/Nav

No clue until someone tries. I plan to put it in the future if it is possible.
I plan to go back into the wiring diagrams soon to see if I can find the answer. Certainly the cluster is one part but the active exhaust solenoids need to connect to something. My hunch is that a new BCMB will be required. Solenoids connect to BCMB (Body Control Module B is located in the trunk) and then cluster controls exhaust through CAN Bus. What I hope is not the case is those exhaust valves being connected to the main BCM as that would be a big pain in the a**.

Just started looking at this and took some pics today to see what they were using. They are just welded in line. Where the wiring goes I have no idea yet. I already have the Roush quad tip exhaust so I should be able to get this physically to work. Something to preoccupy my time waiting for all the dash parts.

lbroskee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EcoBoost Premium
wud b curious to see how the active exhuast works and then get it to work on an ecoboost. hello sleeper status
Sponsored