Sponsored

2018 gauge cluster retrofit

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Th actual steering column doesn’t need to be replaced. The SCCM (Steering Column CONTROL MODULE) needs to be replaced to the MY 18 version as it has additional as-built data blocks in it for the programming of the steering wheel control changes on the 18’s.
Ohhh... ok that ^^^ makes sense.

I only asked because I had seen in some posts the reference to the “steering column” and this is being referenced too:

Steering Column Housing Assembly
JR3Z-3F791-HA

Is that the module, or something different?
Sponsored

DiEzel

GTFO OG - The Professor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
Oxford white GT Premium PP
With the help of Ray providing me some ASBUILT, I got the cluster lined out in forscan and was able to access all 10 blocks of data.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bd3W-arjJGn/?taken-by=dezl50

I have my SCCM I need to get installed so I can program the buttons as well.. But. So far, So good.

I did not do a PMI.

I do need to correct my mileage, Any pointers on how to achieve this ? I know Ray briefly mentioned a device, but - I'd like to get this corrected. :)

db252

Equinsu Ocha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT Premium/PP/Nav
Ohhh... ok that ^^^ makes sense.

I only asked because I had seen in some posts the reference to the “steering column” and this is being referenced too:

Steering Column Housing Assembly
JR3Z-3F791-HA

Is that the module, or something different?
This is a necessary part because it includes the updated SCCM so yes to your question. It is associated with the steering column and comes with new stalks on both sides (blinker/wipers etc).

db252

Equinsu Ocha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT Premium/PP/Nav
With the help of Ray providing me some ASBUILT, I got the cluster lined out in forscan and was able to access all 10 blocks of data.

I have my SCCM I need to get installed so I can program the buttons as well.. But. So far, So good.

I did not do a PMI.

I do need to correct my mileage, Any pointers on how to achieve this ? I know Ray briefly mentioned a device, but - I'd like to get this corrected. :)
Nice job DiEzel. Great news about the as-built programming and no PMI. Thanks for the video as well and I'm really looking forward to getting my parts.

db252

Equinsu Ocha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT Premium/PP/Nav
Ok, just got informed a little earlier today that ALL my parts are shipping today coincidently from both vendors I ordered from.

We didn't find out until recently that if you order the heated steering wheel it automatically includes the appropriate switches (as long as you order the correct wheel) so I didn't need to order the switches separately but I have some local friends that are doing this project after seeing mine finished without the heated wheel so they will be able to use those parts.

So in hindsight at the moment, all I needed to order was the cluster, the panel that goes around the cluster, the steering column control, the heated steering wheel, the heated steering wheel module, and wiring harness that incorporates everything.

Sponsored

rio16

MAD_50HH
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rio
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Whippled Competition Orange
Ok, just got informed a little earlier today that ALL my parts are shipping today coincidently from both vendors I ordered from.

We didn't find out until recently that if you order the heated steering wheel it automatically includes the appropriate switches (as long as you order the correct wheel) so I didn't need to order the switches separately but I have some local friends that are doing this project after seeing mine finished without the heated wheel so they will be able to use those parts.

So in hindsight at the moment, all I needed to order was the cluster, the panel that goes around the cluster, the steering column control, the heated steering wheel, the heated steering wheel module, and wiring harness that incorporates everything.

Peer pressured these local friends lol. Cant wait to do the same. Thank you for always spending my money lol:cheers:

db252

Equinsu Ocha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT Premium/PP/Nav
Peer pressured these local friends lol. Cant wait to do the same. Thank you for always spending my money lol:cheers:
Hey, I’ll stop telling you about all my projects! Can’t wait to do two of these now. :doh:

lbroskee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EcoBoost Premium

I did not do a PMI.

Why didn’t you just have them preset the mileage like Ray did?

Also what is PMI? Can’t fnd the post that mentioned it (if there was one)

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mustang, 1965 AC Cobra, 2023 Ford Bronco 2Dr
Well I think all hopes are gone for factory active exhaust. Went back into the diagrams and it looks as though the exhaust actuators connect to the BCM and PCM. Those connections do not exist on standard 15-17 mustangs. The best we can do is aftermarket exhaust actuators or hack the factory actuators to work on a switch.

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
Heated steering wheel will required an additional module and wiring. See attached pics and documents below.
heated steering wheel module.PNG
heated steering wheel overview.PNG

Attachments

Sponsored

db252

Equinsu Ocha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT Premium/PP/Nav
Yes they are needed and I listed them in post #380.

DG9Z-14B561-B - HSWM
JR3Z-14401-L - Wiring harness.

These parts are on the way with my whole order. I should have ordered the ‘K’ harness instead of the ‘L’ because the L has the security package which I don’t have and the K doesn’t. It was just ordered off the 18 vin I was using which has the security package.
I am not looking forward to the wiring harness install but we will see how the plan works out when it arrives. Having those extra ‘security’ connections will not be a problem.

Thanks for posting that diagram.

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
Yes they are needed and I listed them in post #380.

DG9Z-14B561-B - HSWM
JR3Z-14401-L - Wiring harness.

These parts are on the way with my whole order. I should have ordered the ‘K’ harness instead of the ‘L’ because the L has the security package which I don’t have and the K doesn’t. It was just ordered off the 18 vin I was using which has the security package.
I am not looking forward to the wiring harness install but we will see how the plan works out when it arrives. Having those extra ‘security’ connections will not be a problem.

Thanks for posting that diagram.
Honestly you could probably get away with just the module. The connector has a service pigtail and all that is needed is power/ground, 4 additional wires to the clockspring, and 2 CAN bus connections which can be pulled from the OBD connector (I believe, have to check real quick).

db252

Equinsu Ocha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT Premium/PP/Nav
I think your a 100% right and that will probably be the best route. I posted a link in post 380 that another member did on his Fusion and should be very similar if not the same. I want to see the wiring harness just to locate the right pins and then probably return it.

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
You could tap off the gateway control module connector located in the same area as the heated steering wheel module.
gateway control module 2.PNG
gateway control module.PNG

db252

Equinsu Ocha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT Premium/PP/Nav
Damn I hate wiring issues. Thanks again for that diagram also. One way or another this is going to happen.
Sponsored