Sponsored

2018 Digital Cluster Installation Guide

FreedomPenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost Premium, 2013 Scion tC.
I have an 17 Ecoboost premium manual I have been reading other threads about enabling "line lock" etc via forescan. I don't really do burnouts so not too interested in the feature, but is "launch control" possible to be enabled? mines a non performance package, but if line lock can be enabled via changing these codes, why wouldn't launch control unless its missing some modules.

any info would be great.
Sponsored

KewlWinter

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang EcoBoost Premium+ Ruby Red
Vehicle Showcase
I have an 17 Ecoboost premium manual I have been reading other threads about enabling "line lock" etc via forescan. I don't really do burnouts so not too interested in the feature, but is "launch control" possible to be enabled? mines a non performance package, but if line lock can be enabled via changing these codes, why wouldn't launch control unless its missing some modules.

any info would be great.
Here is a the thread where you can see how it’s done.

JRedondox

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jorge
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT
and I got it working on my GT350R! exhaust mode and the tach light the only 2 things i have to figure out.

OP
OP
breeves002

breeves002

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
A little bad news for people doing this kit... Ford raised the price on the steering column housing assembly with new SCCM by an additional $94. Over 100%! New dealer cost is $148.51 for the -JA model and more for others.

I may start taking cores and flashing these with UCDS to the 2018 firmware.
--
Sam

OP
OP
breeves002

breeves002

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP

Sponsored

OP
OP
breeves002

breeves002

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Okay so I'm finally ready to pull the trigger on this project for my European '17 GT. But since shipping to Denmark from outside the EU sometimes is f*cking sh*t, I don't know how long it will take from 'Buy product to receive product'. Last thing from US got stuck at the Customs for two weeks.
If I remember correctly I can change the mileage setting to the correct number once its time to do the install right? Is there somekind of proof needed that U don't cheat whit this? Get a Ford dealer to verify it?
Yes miles can be raised in FORScan. Lowering them is a whole different story which your dealer cannot do.

Miles are also stored in the PCM so the dealer can verify it if they really want to. They won't care though. Just don't have them lower than actual.

OP
OP
breeves002

breeves002

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP

HeartIsBlack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT/CS
So what kind of issues would one have if I kept the base 4” console unit but put this gauge cluster into my 2018 GT? I assume, bare minimum, that the Mode selection wouldn’t work, since I wouldn’t have that toggle switch, and it seems Nav is sacrificed (again, duh) given what’s mentioned in the first post. However, I don’t see the mode selection listed as a “missing feature” if I keep the base Sync unit, but I never had that feature to begin with... so I’m a bit confused.

Maybe it’s been brought up by now, but as usual on this forum, we’re sitting at over 1100 responses and I can’t spend time reading them all.

Last edited:

randy_tho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
From what I can gather: (It's on the number 2 post in his FAQ)
  1. Missing Nav (But can replace with a compass) and no songs show in the cluster.
  2. Drive modes aren't a thing but the cluster still changes its look based on the selection from it's menu.
Apparently the sample baseline provided at the end of the spreadsheet would pretty much config a base model it seems since there are no other options to set up.

So what kind of issues would one have if I kept the base 4” console unit but put this gauge cluster into my 2018 GT? I assume, bare minimum, that the Mode selection wouldn’t work, since I wouldn’t have that toggle switch, and it seems Nav is sacrificed (again, duh) given what’s mentioned in the first post. However, I don’t see the mode selection listed as a “missing feature” if I keep the base Sync unit, but I never had that feature to begin with... so I’m a bit confused.

Maybe it’s been brought up by now, but as usual on this forum, we’re sitting at over 1100 responses and I can’t spend time reading them all.

Last edited:

Sponsored

randy_tho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I just did this install on my base 17 gt performance pack car. Using the base as built info provided I think everything is working. This also enabled the center vac and oil pressure gauges to change color with the primary color. I also have a 10" Android unit and the audio controls still work.

The only glitch I've been able to find is the new back/return button on the wheel will send a repeated volume down signal to the headunit and freeze out the radio buttons for a while.
IMG_20190706_174035.jpg
IMG_20190706_174306.jpg
IMG_20190706_152808.jpg

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
I just did this install on my base 17 gt performance pack car. This also enabled the center vac and oil pressure gauges to change color with the primary color.
Whoa. That means the base has the same gauges as the premium, at least for MY17.

When the GT350 gauges didn't have MyColor when installed in a Premium PP the explanation was the gauges didn't have color LEDs. I said at the time that it didn't makes a lot of sense for Ford to do anything to the PP gauges to make them GT350 but to slap a oil temp face on the right gauge and send temp numbers instead of vacuum numbers to it.

If Ford doesn't even make a non-color version for non Premiums, why have different hardware for the tiny number of GT350s.

I'm thinking the GT350 gauges could do MyColor in Premium if someone figures out what other box decides to send MyColor info along with the gauge values over the Canbus and gives it a slap upside the head.

buzz-dee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Premium PP
I'm thinking the GT350 gauges could do MyColor in Premium if someone figures out what other box decides to send MyColor info along with the gauge values over the Canbus and gives it a slap upside the head.
I think the MyColor info is being sent by the IPC, that’s why it started to work on randy_tho‘s car when he put in the premium (lcd) cluster. I also believe that all the signals for the different gauges are already present on the can bus. Therefore the gt350 gauges show temp values while in the same car the GT gauges show vac.
You might be right that the GT350 gauges do have color leds but I fear the firmware or the chip inside the gauges just ignores the color change info.

OP
OP
breeves002

breeves002

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
The
Whoa. That means the base has the same gauges as the premium, at least for MY17.

When the GT350 gauges didn't have MyColor when installed in a Premium PP the explanation was the gauges didn't have color LEDs. I said at the time that it didn't makes a lot of sense for Ford to do anything to the PP gauges to make them GT350 but to slap a oil temp face on the right gauge and send temp numbers instead of vacuum numbers to it.

If Ford doesn't even make a non-color version for non Premiums, why have different hardware for the tiny number of GT350s.

I suspect the GT350 gauges don’t even have rgb LEDs. I have them in my premium GT and they do not change color. The programming in the gauges just reads can info sent from the IPC. It is not a can networked module even though it’s a connected device. In non GT350s the oil temp is estimated.

Phantom24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Comp Orange GT PP
I just finished my installation of @breeves002 kit. It is by far the best visual mod I have ever done. Thanks Sam. I have a base PP 2015 GT and my center gauges also change color as I choose thru the cluster.
28F2878A-32B1-4308-9554-9CCC250A32CC.jpeg
Sponsored