2018 Digital Cluster Installation Guide

Peedystablo82

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang GT pp Paxton e85
Anybody who has installed this, do you know what this is with the white mark on it? Do you think I can drill into that on both sides because that would definitely hold it in the place without having foam padding and it's 100% secure. I also see that it's leaning a little bit on the right after I cut out those plastic pieces . And if I can screw in with that, it will make it straight again
20190329_163036.jpg
Sponsored

Peedystablo82

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
It looks like to me it's just a metal brace going all the way across supporting everything

okfoz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2016 Roush Stage 3
I made mounting brackets for mine and it made it rock solid.

Peedystablo82

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Yeah if I put one selfstapping screw in each side and level it correctly, this will make it 100% secure also

Sponsored

Peedystablo82

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Yeah it's installed and working perfect . I love it!!!

k4show

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium PP
It does but you’re not going to get the digital gauge to read without a tuner implementing it. Lund programmed mine in with the rest of my tune.
What value would it read if you don't have it in your tune?

Peedystablo82

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Did you guys have a gap in between the bezel piece and the actual digital cluster screen?

dawolf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ruby Red mustang GT
OK, currently I’m learning this myself. It seems that all of my installs have been on PP cars. Cars that don’t have the factory oil pressure gauge only have one sensor that supplies to the idiot light. PP cars have two oil pressure sensors the other being for the gauge. You can add oil pressure gauge to the cluster on non-PP cars but it won’t work; it will read as a dead gauge just like the pictures above.
Db252, on these PP cars that you have worked on i assume these are 15 thru 17 cars. From what you have seen where is the second sensor located? Also, is that second sensor hole present on non PP cars but plugged off?

Sponsored

dawolf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ruby Red mustang GT
Did you guys have a gap in between the bezel piece and the actual digital cluster screen?
There should only be a very small gap. If you look closely at the bezel there are tiny plastic pegs with rubber bumpers. These small bumpers butt against the cluster screen creating the small air gap. This is why I used the small post that I showed you before. Without something like it, you will push the cluster away from the bezel when you tighten the upper screws.

Last edited:

db252

Equinsu Ocha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT Premium/PP/Nav
Db252, on these PP cars that you have worked on i assume these are 15 thru 17 cars. From what you have seen where is the second sensor located? Also, is that second sensor hole present on non PP cars but plugged off?
Yes they have all been 15-17 cars. Doing another full cluster install tomorrow on another 16 PP. Doing some other digging it seems that it maybe just a different sensor that is a 3 wire for cars with the oil pressure gauge and non oil pressure gauge cars have a single wire. Check through this link in regards to people trying to add the center gauges that have the oil pressure gauge and what’s required to get it to work.

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/how-to-swap-pp-gauges-into-standard-model.38818/

dawolf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ruby Red mustang GT
Yes they have all been 15-17 cars. Doing another full cluster install tomorrow on another 16 PP. Doing some other digging it seems that it maybe just a different sensor that is a 3 wire for cars with the oil pressure gauge and non oil pressure gauge cars have a single wire. Check through this link in regards to people trying to add the center gauges that have the oil pressure gauge and what’s required to get it to work.

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/how-to-swap-pp-gauges-into-standard-model.38818/
I have the three wire pig tail and new sensor in the mail. Thanks.

300mag

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
17 Ecoboost Prem Vert
I have the three wire pig tail and new sensor in the mail. Thanks.
interested to see how you make out. I believe this should work since this is what has been done in the past when the cars didn't have any wire(or didn't know it existed) to add the PP vent gauge cluster and get the oil pressure in the vent gauge to work. assumption is if it works in the vent gauge cluster than it will work in the digital cluster.

dawolf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ruby Red mustang GT
interested to see how you make out. I believe this should work since this is what has been done in the past when the cars didn't have any wire(or didn't know it existed) to add the PP vent gauge cluster and get the oil pressure in the vent gauge to work. assumption is if it works in the vent gauge cluster than it will work in the digital cluster.
I will report the outcome of this project. Unfortunately the parts arent due until Monday.
Sponsored