2018 Cobb AP OTS tunes

IbanezRG7

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Clint
Vehicle(s)
2018 EcoBoost PP
Im new to the world of tuning but I understand a little bit of it, and the actual tune install seems very straight forward. I know the 2018+ model is different than the 15-17, but is the Cobb Accessport any different? If I purchased a used one unmarried that was originally from a 15-17, would I be able to download the canned tunes for an 18+ and use it still? I want to get my feet wet, but dont want to go too crazy just yet, so I figured I would start with a canned tune.
Sponsored

Chef jpd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1 6M, Grab ass lime. Ex: 2016 EB PPP CO
Vehicle Showcase
The Accesport part number is the same for all years from 15-20.
Make sure you get a V3 if you get it off the used market.

Also, you really need to replace that factory intercooler before you start power upgrades.

OP
OP

IbanezRG7

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Clint
Vehicle(s)
2018 EcoBoost PP
The Accesport part number is the same for all years from 15-20.
Make sure you get a V3 if you get it off the used market.

Also, you really need to replace that factory intercooler before you start power upgrades.
So as far as choosing which tune to install if I go canned, I simply would choose one for my 2018? Or does the fact that it’s a model refresh not matter in terms of the tuner? I’m sure if I had one in hand to play with and see for myself these would be stupid questions, I just don’t want to fork out almost $600 when used can be much much less.

Chef jpd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1 6M, Grab ass lime. Ex: 2016 EB PPP CO
Vehicle Showcase
To on the Cobb website and see the exact tunes offered for your year and transmission.

Pro tunes are.created after.doing datalogs of hard acceleration pulls and then adjusted.

COBB Tuning

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AT EcoBoost, MT PP EcoBoost
So as far as choosing which tune to install if I go canned, I simply would choose one for my 2018? Or does the fact that it’s a model refresh not matter in terms of the tuner? I’m sure if I had one in hand to play with and see for myself these would be stupid questions, I just don’t want to fork out almost $600 when used can be much much less.
The Accessport is compatible with every EcoBoost Mustang from 15-20. You simply plug it in and select your map. It will only give you the option to install maps specific to your model year, transmission, ROM, etc. You only have to pick the Stage and octane fuel you're running. For more details on modification requirements for each map, check out the map notes: https://cobbtuning.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/PRS/pages/728793097/Ford+Mustang+EcoBoost+2018-2020

Sponsored

SVO MkII

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost, 6sp, PP, 2017 GT Convertible
The Accessport is compatible with every EcoBoost Mustang from 15-20. You simply plug it in and select your map. It will only give you the option to install maps specific to your model year, transmission, ROM, etc. You only have to pick the Stage and octane fuel you're running. For more details on modification requirements for each map, check out the map notes: https://cobbtuning.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/PRS/pages/728793097/Ford+Mustang+EcoBoost+2018-2020
I have a 2018 that I use for an occasional HPDE event. I just learned that the stock ECU monitors an "inferred" engine oil temp and will pull power if this inferred temp gets too high. Installing an auxiliary engine oil cooler appears to have no effect on the stock calculation of inferred oil temp (since it is not aware the cooler exists). Will a COBB Accessport allow you to modify or eliminate this fail safe parameter related to inferred oil temp? I sure would like to be able to push the car to it's full potential at the track for more than 15 min at a time. Thanks.

ihasnostang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Saturn ion, 2019 201A, EB PP1, Ruby Red
I have a 2018 that I use for an occasional HPDE event. I just learned that the stock ECU monitors an "inferred" engine oil temp and will pull power if this inferred temp gets too high. Installing an auxiliary engine oil cooler appears to have no effect on the stock calculation of inferred oil temp (since it is not aware the cooler exists). Will a COBB Accessport allow you to modify or eliminate this fail safe parameter related to inferred oil temp? I sure would like to be able to push the car to it's full potential at the track for more than 15 min at a time. Thanks.
found this on cobb website. so presumably a tuner could set the fans to come on at whatever temp you fancy. lower coolant temp should indirectly affect the calculation of the oil temp?

"In order to keep the cooling system working efficiently in the most diverse array of conditions, the temperature threshold for fan operation has been lowered so that they come on sooner. This can also mean that the fans will continue running after your car is shut down. This is normal expected behavior."
https://cobbtuning.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/PRS/pages/728793097/Ford+Mustang+EcoBoost+2018-2020

SVO MkII

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost, 6sp, PP, 2017 GT Convertible
found this on cobb website. so presumably a tuner could set the fans to come on at whatever temp you fancy. lower coolant temp should indirectly affect the calculation of the oil temp?

"In order to keep the cooling system working efficiently in the most diverse array of conditions, the temperature threshold for fan operation has been lowered so that they come on sooner. This can also mean that the fans will continue running after your car is shut down. This is normal expected behavior."
https://cobbtuning.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/PRS/pages/728793097/Ford+Mustang+EcoBoost+2018-2020
I appreciate the suggestion. However, I have no problem with coolant temp. It never moves off the middle of the gauge, so I don't think that will affect the inferred temp calculation for oil temp. I presume I'd have to drive the coolant temp down to an abnormally low range to get the calculated oil temp to stay out of yellow. Again, this is all frustrating on the assumption that the actual oil temp is now very different from the inferred (yes, I will be installing a real oil temp gauge to verify this).
Sponsored