Ls_Eater

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Parker
Vehicle(s)
2018 Magnetic Metallic GT
Vehicle Showcase
So about 2 months ago I started having issues with my Active exhaust (I've made a previous post about this).

After hours of trouble shooting we discovered that the Connectors from the actuators had been ruined when installing Long Tube headers by pushing them back into a pinch weld.

Fast forward, we've replaced the plugs, and the exhaust functions as it should.

Reinstall Headers, and now the exhaust is "Iffy".

The exhaust functions as normal UNTIL you put it in quiet mode, if you switch to quiet mode, the car makes it maybe 10-15 seconds, before it reverts to normal mode, and gives the "Exhaust most selection unavailable" error.

If you restart the car, it remains nonfunctional, but unplugging, and replugging in the actuator resets it and it functions fine again.

I've checked all wiring and there are NO frays, splits, exposed wires etc.

I do remember being told that there is a TSB for the Active that needs to be flashed to the PCM, but I'm assuming thats not possible while tuned.
Sponsored

Det_Riot

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
1994 Mustang GT, 2018 Mustang GT
I'd think that the PCM flash for the active would have more to do through Forscan and shouldn't effect an aftermarket tune?

OP
OP
Ls_Eater

Ls_Eater

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Parker
Vehicle(s)
2018 Magnetic Metallic GT
Vehicle Showcase
I'd think that the PCM flash for the active would have more to do through Forscan and shouldn't effect an aftermarket tune?
Haven't checked it out yet to see, but for sure worth a look to see if thats possible.

Angry50

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
this happened to me. but with cat deletes. it started after giving a decent amount of throttle in quiet mode. my assumption is the force of the higher flow might be too much for the active valves to handle in quiet mode. but im in the process of justt ditching the active. i currently have the corsa extremes on and waiting for an order from grimspeed for the defeater plugs.

91gt331sc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt, 2017 mustang gt
I'm having same issue as op. Mine started doing the exact same thing as soon as i added the corsa cat back. I checked all wires, removed acuators checked springs, tried to reset by disconnecting battery. No luck. Spoke to corsa and they told me to try all the stuff i already did. I since have added arh catted longtubes and the problem persists. I wonder if there is a recalibration procedure? It almost seems like it doesn't know it's full closed or open positions
Sponsored