Sponsored

2018+ A10 spd Base model owners, experience?

staxchips

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mustang gt 2020
Remote starting the car and waiting for 10 minutes to let it warm up inside before hopping in

or

you wish you had heated seats/steering wheel?
Sponsored

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT/A 301A 5.0
The Mustang warms up extremely fast compared to my van, so no worries! I run the van 10-15 minutes when cold out before going outside.

ORRadtech

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang EcoBoost convertible, 14 Ford Fusion SE
Remote starting the car and waiting for 10 minutes to let it warm up inside before hopping in

or

you wish you had heated seats/steering wheel?
Two different things to me. Warming the car beforehand helps speed things along but the seat is still cold and so is the steering wheel.
Of course, since the seats are cloth, they aren't as bad as leather and a cover can help the steering wheel.

raydog1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT A10
I cheated and installed the Alcantara GT350 steering wheel before it became expensive. That plus the cloth seats means it only takes a couple of minutes to get comfortable.

FrankM5

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT 401a package
I didn't know my car had a heated steering wheel until i remoted started the car below 50 degrees and that triggered the car to heat the wheel on a remote start. Now im questioning if i want to switch it for a carbon fiber one.

Sponsored

Balr14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
BMW Z4 M40i
I have never used the heated seats or steering wheel. I managed for many years without them, so I just never think of it. There are many posts about warming up the engine for extended periods of time being bad for direct injection engines. You are supposed to just drive normally after warm up of about 20 - 30 seconds. I don't remember the reasoning. Obviously, ice and snow on the windows will make that impractical.

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
I have never used the heated seats or steering wheel. I managed for many years without them, so I just never think of it. There are many posts about warming up the engine for extended periods of time being bad for direct injection engines. You are supposed to just drive normally after warm up of about 20 - 30 seconds. I don't remember the reasoning. Obviously, ice and snow on the windows will make that impractical.
Gen 3 cars run Port injection only on cold start, so no worries about letting it warm up and getting carbon deposits.

IrishStallion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 gt mustang
Heated seats and extra crap just make the car slower... Lol.

I have a couple other luxo cars with all the comfy bells & whistles.

White_Bear_92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Base 10 speed
I am perfectly content with the cloth seats and remote start here in Minnesota. I've never found myself dying for heated seats or a heated steering wheel at any point.
Sponsored