Sponsored

2018 GT Premium 6 Spd PP1

control4userguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium
^That's interesting- same build date as mine. Trans choice is a big deal so I'd think long & hard about that one. You're missing Safe & Smart pack but if you don't like it's a hefty savings without it. White, huh...
Of course all this is horse shit until you post your deal.

Deleted member 33561

I searched and found my car and had it shipped to my dealer from another dealer because it had exactly what I wanted. Just make sure you will be happy with what you get especially for $50K.

OP
OP

hornedfrog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 Mercury Montego
Thanks guys, I do like to shift but everyone is recommending the auto as faster.
Is the manual a lemon?

Deleted member 33561

Are you planning to do a lot of drag racing? No matter how fast your car is, somebody is always faster. I got tired of shifting gears (I'm old now) and wanted the A10. The tranny is a very personal decision. Get what you want.

Sponsored

Armen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Comp Orange Vert
If you want the 10spd then get it. I test drove one and it's awesome. When hard into the throttle, those shifts snap fast!

I love a manual too, but if you're leaning towards the auto, then this is the auto to have.

OP
OP

hornedfrog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 Mercury Montego
^That's interesting- same build date as mine. Trans choice is a big deal so I'd think long & hard about that one. You're missing Safe & Smart pack but if you don't like it's a hefty savings without it. White, huh...
Of course all this is horse shit until you post your deal.
Going over to drive today - thanks man.

gbgreen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gerry
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red Manual V6 Mustang Coupe
Thanks guys, I do like to shift but everyone is recommending the auto as faster.
Is the manual a lemon?
The manual in the 2018 is reportedly a big improvement from the previous manual. The tranny itself is improved, with changes in:

• oil viscosity
  • gear finishes
  • revised ratios
  • bolt types
as is the flywheel:

• now dual mass, which:
    • reduces torsional vibration before it gets to the clutch disc
and clutch:

• now twin disc, which:
    • handles more torque
    • allows a smaller diameter clutch, reducing rotational mass
  • new clutch springs, which:
    • reduce torsional vibration further and
    • smooth out clutch engagement
If you have the opportunity (either from your dealer or another), you really should try out the new manual (especially after it is warmed up) to see how good it is. By all reports, it is anything but a lemon.

To 7thStreetJim, as well as the population in general, what do you use to search for a car with particular specs (trim, options, colors, etc)? I have found sites like cars.com, cargurus.com, and edmunds.com almost useless, as they don't allow searching for specific options (like MagneRide or Active Exhaust) or trim (like PPL2). Similar thing with ford.com. It allows a little bit more specificity, but still not enough, and it allows searching only up to a 100 mile radius. So what's the hot setup for more specific searches covering a wider area?

OP
OP

hornedfrog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 Mercury Montego
The manual in the 2018 is reportedly a big improvement from the previous manual. The tranny itself is improved, with changes in:

• oil viscosity
  • gear finishes
  • revised ratios
  • bolt types
as is the flywheel:

• now dual mass, which:
    • reduces torsional vibration before it gets to the clutch disc
and clutch:

• now twin disc, which:
    • handles more torque
    • allows a smaller diameter clutch, reducing rotational mass
  • new clutch springs, which:
    • reduce torsional vibration further and
    • smooth out clutch engagement
If you have the opportunity (either from your dealer or another), you really should try out the new manual (especially after it is warmed up) to see how good it is. By all reports, it is anything but a lemon.

To 7thStreetJim, as well as the population in general, what do you use to search for a car with particular specs (trim, options, colors, etc)? I have found sites like cars.com, cargurus.com, and edmunds.com almost useless, as they don't allow searching for specific options (like MagneRide or Active Exhaust) or trim (like PPL2). Similar thing with ford.com. It allows a little bit more specificity, but still not enough, and it allows searching only up to a 100 mile radius. So what's the hot setup for more specific searches covering a wider area?

Thank you for the feedback I appreciate it. I will let you know how it drives.

Sponsored

control4userguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium
Going over to drive today - thanks man.
If it means anything, my 2018 has none of the engine issues/interior rattles being reported on the forum (yet). Maybe that build date was a good day on the old assembly line...

I'm actually surprised that car is still on the lot. All GTs equipped like that one, in my area, are long gone.

Last edited:
OP
OP

hornedfrog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 Mercury Montego
If it means anything, my 2018 has none of the engine issues being reported on the forum (yet). Maybe that build date was a good day on the old assembly line...

I'm actually surprised that car is still on the lot. All GTs equipped like that one, in my area, are long gone.
Thanks, I hope so.

RLMJR58

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium, pp, Kona Blue
Vehicle Showcase
Pretty much the same as mine except Kona blue. Thought about the automatic but sure enjoy rowing through the gears. Wasn’t and still not disappointed in my choice.

azelmo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 GT PP2 RC, 18 BMW 430i, 2022 C8 Z51 (on order)
Checking this out as a potential deal? I did think the 10 speed would be better. This has everything that I want, otherwise. I like the 3.73s. Feedback appreciated:

http://www.windowsticker.forddirect...wU5zlFXo2NzxiYTuGBB59xwNn5E6mnDYJBK36BhFxDMU=
Window sticker for me 2018 PP2 was $905.00 more. Got all the same stuff minus the security package. I got the Royal Crimson which was additional too. Total $50,975.00. My OTD price ,Tax, Title, License is $51,129.86

Seems like you could get a much better deal than that sticker price. Otherwise, hell, order a PP2!! But maybe I just got a good deal.

OP
OP

hornedfrog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 Mercury Montego
I found it to be very fun to drive. The magna ride seemed a bit harsh compared to the regular suspension on some rough roads. I liked the electronic Dash. I liked shifting but then after driving an automatic, non-performance pack, this car actually felt slower
with the six speed and 3.73s.
Sponsored