Stymee

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
They really really should have avoided all this speculation by putting their kit on a customers stock car with stock 93 for the first test....if they wanted to be real accurate pulley for pulley with the EB and full intake system would be very easy....
They can pull my stage 2 and try if they want hehe....apples to apples...

I totally agree, this was a bad decision on their part. It should’ve been a stock 19GT A10 for testing
Sponsored

Platinum_5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
2021 10R Whipple
Yeap and less torque throughout to the Edelbrock
That's most likely true but probably by a very small margin. My Whipple is making 580TQ at 11psi on pump gas only. Do you know what TQ a Edlebrock makes on 11psi and pump gas? Or what whp? Everyone always talks about the harder hit on the tvs but does 15tq to the wheels really hit that much harder? No it don't. I roll race alot and that TQ means nothing. I've rolled against cars with 150+ more TQ then me and they might get out on me by a fender before I reel them in.

BlueCollarDaily

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT 400a
That's most likely true but probably by a very small margin. My Whipple is making 580TQ at 11psi on pump gas only. Do you know what TQ a Edlebrock makes on 11psi and pump gas? Or what whp? Everyone always talks about the harder hit on the tvs but does 15tq to the wheels really hit that much harder? No it don't. I roll race alot and that TQ means nothing. I've rolled against cars with 150+ more TQ then me and they might get out on me by a fender before I reel them in.
Yes,it does 728whp 613tq on 93....at 11 psi...it hit immediately, I mean instantly....would be way faster in 1/4 if hooked than the whipple on 11psi...
If roll racing if your thing and you dont mind being pulled on earlier ( I have p305s Nitro NT05 19s bmr mounts and viking double and my car blows the tires straight to 8000rpm on a 50 hit like its ice skating, just yesterday lol Edelbrock stage 2 trim but custom tune is viscous) then coming back around a F1A-94 would pull like a monster in that scenario, I have one on my other car it's never ending power production as you go!!!!

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT premium A10 (SOLD)
When drag racing with the 10A and its close ratios, these cars are never under 6000-6300 RPM...other than at launch. Given that, I am not sure the "harder hit' of the TVS would mean anything at the drag strip. It might 60 a little bit better assuming it hooks?

BlueCollarDaily

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT 400a
60ft if everything in drag racing, your right assuming it hooks..it will be up on its peak boost and torque peak way quicker 11psi to 11psi...that wont just be 60ft but 330ft times too.....especially with 3.15s. Also the 1-2 is a huge drop in ratio and 2-3 really is fairly wide after that it really tightens up nicely. Advantage Edebrock plus it just makes it feel like a big inch engine it's so quick to boost and so efficient down low....
Now to equal the playing field the whipple would have to use a stall to get its boost up at launch...but stock stall to stock both with same tire, weight and gears the EB is gonna win that race it's just physics. Gain 1 10th in the 60ft is 2 in 1/4, its REAL hard to make up ET past the 660...where I suspect the whipple might come on and end up with more mph....
Be a very interesting race I was going to and maybe will this spring try to replicate it fairly for everyone my car vs a whipple 93....
I'm not saying one is bad all around street car, 1/8mile for sure I prefer EB...all out racing combo and a stall the whipple...both great products but each will have its sweet spot

Sponsored

OP
OP
Stymee

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Just for S&G, EvolutionX has a stage 1 whipple at 9psi, he has a PBD tune on 93, it runs stock exhaust other than a x pipe, drag radial, irs kit and 3.55’s

I watched him click off 2) 10.30 passes at 135 mph (1.58 60ft)

The point is, how much better can a EB be, imho his cars flying, it’s a basic setup on a stock tb too

Very impressive

Dalton@Evolution

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dalton
Vehicle(s)
First 2020 GT500 In Da 9z
I went 10.60 on pump 93 and 10 psi with my 2650 and MT-82 a few years back.

BlueCollarDaily

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT 400a
Just for S&G, EvolutionX has a stage 1 whipple at 9psi, he has a PBD tune on 93, it runs stock exhaust other than a x pipe, drag radial, irs kit and 3.55’s

The point is, how much better can a EB be, imho his cars flying, it’s a basic setup on a stock tb too

Very impressive
Everything equal probably a 10th better 60ft so faster ET less mph....
I'm telling you this car feels like a 500ci BBC with boost on the stage 2 with the Lund tune..its insanity. From absolutely anemic wont spin a tire on 3.15s without line lock....to blow them to oblivion rolling 50mph turned down with a 3.75 pulley and lund tune....I mean roll 48mph...down shift to 3rd ( with suspension mods and a 305 Nitto) full tank of gas, my big ass, and a spare tire in trunk, insta 8k rev limiter bump....instant....my logs show WITH THE BOOST DELAYING pill IN the bypass it's making almost full boost by 2k when stomped from a dig....with it out jesus...cant even imagine.....
These cars arent light ( especially mine with my BA in it ) torque is king....IF you can hook it.....
That said I'm not down playing whipple at all....I prefer the power band of the EB stage 2 with Lund tune on an engine combination that's inherently lacking balls......thank GOD I decided to do OPGs in this long block as it bounced off the 8k twice yesterday....lol
I may have had a lemon I mean I have been thru 3 engines on 5 wots before Lund, but my car literally would not turn a tire over stock.....felt like a 5.7l hemi I I test drove in fact I think my 0-60 was 4.9 ish lol just bogged down and didnt go anywhere.
Stage 1 seemed to be not worth the extra weight hehe slipping belts ect....
Stage 2 blew up my engines then first time I'd open it up so really cant comment but was more nimble....
Stage 2 on the Lund boost pulled back is GoldieLox Zone for me....
Hehe

Sponsored

BlueCollarDaily

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT 400a
Everything equal probably a 10th better 60ft so faster ET less mph....
I'm telling you this car feels like a 500ci BBC with boost on the stage 2 with the Lund tune..its insanity. From absolutely anemic wont spin a tire on 3.15s without line lock....to blow them to oblivion rolling 50mph turned down with a 3.75 pulley and lund tune....I mean roll 48mph...down shift to 3rd ( with suspension mods and a 305 Nitto) full tank of gas, my big ass, and a spare tire in trunk, insta 8k rev limiter bump....instant....my logs show WITH THE BOOST DELAYING pill IN the bypass it's making almost full boost by 2k when stomped from a dig....with it out jesus...cant even imagine.....
These cars arent light ( especially mine with my BA in it ) torque is king....IF you can hook it.....
That said I'm not down playing whipple at all....I prefer the power band of the EB stage 2 with Lund tune on an engine combination that's inherently lacking balls......thank GOD I decided to do OPGs in this long block as it bounced off the 8k twice yesterday....lol
I may have had a lemon I mean I have been thru 3 engines on 5 wots before Lund, but my car literally would not turn a tire over stock.....felt like a 5.7l hemi I I test drove in fact I think my 0-60 was 4.9 ish lol just bogged down and didnt go anywhere.
Stage 1 seemed to be not worth the extra weight hehe slipping belts ect....
Stage 2 blew up my engines then first time I'd open it up so really cant comment but was more nimble....
Stage 2 on the Lund boost pulled back is GoldieLox Zone for me....
Hehe
To be clear I have catless long tunes and 3inch out the back so no restrictions and that accounts for a significant HP increase...per psi....I'm maxing the MAF around 6600rpm now.( shifting 7500)..where it never came close with 2 psi more boost before shifting 7200-7300, its moving air now....in and out

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT premium A10 (SOLD)
Shawn, if your car shifts at 7500, what were the circumstances where you hit the 8000 rpm limiter?

By the way, if I were going Whipple or Stage 2 EB, I would also do the OPG/CS.

Platinum_5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
2021 10R Whipple
I went 10.60 on pump 93 and 10 psi with my 2650 and MT-82 a few years back.
Very nice. I'm still rocking the stock MT82 myself. What was your MPH? My best with my Whipple on pump gas is 10.8 at 136. My 60ft was a 1.8 due to my stock axles. Basically left off idle...lol

Evolution IX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT

Very impressive
136mph wanted to clarify.
Sponsored