2018-2020 VMP KIT

crcpdx

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
My suspicion is VMP doesn't want to do that because the numbers will look just like Whipple and Ebrock's
Sponsored

schmeky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I would not do the new VMP since Whipple has a proven track record, and from all accounts the supplied Whipple tune has been refined to the point where it works well. Plus, Whipple will still provide drivability updates.

The 2018 electronics are quite different from the 2017 and older Mustangs, so VMP gotta a lot of catching up to do in my opinion.

BlueCollarDaily

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT 400a
Yeah I can't argue with that. I personally would want to see them work out any tuning bugs but other than that the hardware isn't a risk.
Dont forget about drive system and belt slip especially on 6 rib 93 street setups.....I'm curious about that....

BlueCollarDaily

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT 400a
My suspicion is VMP doesn't want to do that because the numbers will look just like Whipple and Ebrock's
So do their e85 built engine numbers, they should bite the bullet and hopefully can squeeze more with superior cooling? 2650tvs is 2650tvs once its front feeding blow up with a modular inlet....

BlueCollarDaily

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT 400a
I would not do the new VMP since Whipple has a proven track record, and from all accounts the supplied Whipple tune has been refined to the point where it works well. Plus, Whipple will still provide drivability updates.

The 2018 electronics are quite different from the 2017 and older Mustangs, so VMP gotta a lot of catching up to do in my opinion.
I would go with Edelbrock stage 2 as you get the powertrain warranty and a decent tune....

Sponsored

BlueCollarDaily

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT 400a
Get it to 9-10psi and it’s a win all around.
Agree on that as well 10 and a good tune, then maybe better cooling later or chiller and call it a well rounded year round combo run same times in summer as winter...or back to back hits on street...

BlueCollarDaily

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT 400a
Get it to 9-10psi and it’s a win all around.
Makes me wonder especially with Roush Phase 2 around the corner did we even need another 2650tvs system?
If you want warranty, Roush or Edelbrock ( vote Edelbrock), if not Whipple or Turbo....the Odin seems very similar to my Edelbrock but without the power train warranty.......they will all be close per psi.....if I need a tune lund feels that void....
If it's not significantly cheaper then why forgoe the warranty...the EB Stage 2 is rated near 800hp flywheel has 8 rib billet drive, 103mm tb, 113mm MAF, injectors, and aftermarket closed air box with boost a pump, good box tune and warranty for same exact price as one without warranty making similar power...
I would assume the Odin will have better tune eventually and more support for mods down the line if their continued support of their legacy platforms are any indicator....
Kinda seems like maybe should have been a larger rotor pack to really stand out, the blower looks remarkably the same as my EB 2650.....

Sponsored

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
Makes me wonder especially with Roush Phase 2 around the corner did we even need another 2650tvs system?
If you want warranty, Roush or Edelbrock ( vote Edelbrock), if not Whipple or Turbo....the Odin seems very similar to my Edelbrock but without the power train warranty.......they will all be close per psi.....if I need a tune lund feels that void....
If it's not significantly cheaper then why forgoe the warranty...the EB Stage 2 is rated near 800hp flywheel has 8 rib billet drive, 103mm tb, 113mm MAF, injectors, and aftermarket closed air box with boost a pump, good box tune and warranty for same exact price as one without warranty making similar power...
I would assume the Odin will have better tune eventually and more support for mods down the line if their continued support of their legacy platforms are any indicator....
Kinda seems like maybe should have been a larger rotor pack to really stand out, the blower looks remarkably the same as my EB 2650.....
Probably not but they sponsor my tuner and she uses a gen3 and actually wins a lot of events with their setup. Might be trying fill the void and meet the demand from shops like mine who like to use their products.

BlueCollarDaily

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT 400a
Probably not but they sponsor my tuner and she uses a gen3 and actually wins a lot of events with their setup. Might be trying fill the void and meet the demand from shops like mine who like to use their products.
Why do you like to use their products in your shop on the 18 up over other offerings, and so it's not lost in text I'm not saying that snidely I'm genuinely interested....

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
Why do you like to use their products in your shop on the 18 up over other offerings, and so it's not lost in text I'm not saying that snidely I'm genuinely interested....
Sorry not "my shop" but the shop and tuner I use here in the area. They use all kinds of offerings. I believe they use a lot of Whipple's for their dodge and GM customers. VMP just happens to sponsor the tuners 14 coyote so they've been using a gen3 which is a monster. I'm sure they'd like to be able to offer VMP for their customers with newer coyotes

BlueCollarDaily

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT 400a
Sorry not "my shop" but the shop and tuner I use here in the area. They use all kinds of offerings. I believe they use a lot of Whipple's for their dodge and GM customers. VMP just happens to sponsor the tuners 14 coyote so they've been using a gen3 which is a monster. I'm sure they'd like to be able to offer VMP for their customers with newer coyotes
I agree I'm not saying nothing bad at all about VMP they are top notch but with no warranty the space is a bit crowded already...many use the same rotor pack and similar entry...it seems odd to me unless it was cheaper or they had a warranty to slide in that crowded segment...
Both the EB atage 2 and VMP advertised prices are same but with Edelbrock you get 686whp with $16,500 worth of coverage and they will pay out ask me how I know hehe, EB cars have been in the 8s...I just didnt see the need for another non warranty 2650 in that space though I truly like Justin and VMP....and I believe they will support the crap of and develop their package for years to come....
It looks cool but instead of a 2650 might have been nice to see another 3.0l or something slightly bigger to challenge whipples segment....who am I to question a successful business...just curiosity is all....VMP as far as I've seen is nothing but an awesome company no bad will at all....
Wish some supercharger would push whipple off the throne though in street form 6 rib...

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
Still no results from a stock '18/'19 GT with just the Odin kit on 93 octane?
Are these kits not for sale yet? Still testing?
Would love to see the results.
Sponsored