Sponsored

2018-2020 VMP KIT

Patriot Six

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
I just bought an EB Stage 2 and I’m waiting on Edelbrock to do the install and tune on my 20. I’m also concerned about octane limitations and driveability on the canned tune since I’m in CA. I should be dropping the car off soon for the install and I’ll post updates on the results. I’m hoping that since they’ll have my car that they can work out some of the tuning issues.

Evolution IX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
All these blowers are so close. VMP, Edlebrock, Whipple. Take an Edlebrock stage 2 or a Whipple stage 2 with a “splash” of boostane and it will make very similar power.

armykyle1 [HACKED ACCOUNT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP premium
As far as I know the VMP Odin is not CARB approved. How would you and Stangmode get around the CARB regulations. Pennsylvania and New Jersey are both CARB states aren't they.
Neither are his catless headers lol

Chainsaw

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Magnetic Gray A10, 401A, PP1.
All these blowers are so close. VMP, Edlebrock, Whipple. Take an Edlebrock stage 2 or a Whipple stage 2 with a “splash” of boostane and it will make very similar power.
Hey Frank, inquiring minds want to know. How many ounces are there in a splash?

Sponsored

Evolution IX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Hey Frank, inquiring minds want to know. How many ounces are there in a splash?
Exactly what I said when VMP said a “splash”.

I want to see a stock mustang add the VMP kit with nothing else. No headers, no converter, no boostane, no torco, no MS109 nothing. Just a 93 custom tune. Hit the track on a drag radial and let’s see what it will do. That will prove what the kit will do.

I have seen an Edlebrock stage 1 and stage 2 run personally. I have tested my Whipple stage 1 and I have seen plenty of stage 2 run.

putting that kit on Mamba’s car that is full bolt on with a circle D converter will run well, but with everything he has done I expect it to run well.

Chainsaw

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
Exactly what I said when VMP said a “splash”.
So, you don't know how many ounces are in a "splash". You just like to talk nonsense like "VMP"?

Chainsaw

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)

Evolution IX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I found it quite irritating. Off to the ignore list you go, Bye.
don’t take the Internet so seriously. We will never know what a “splash” means according to “VMP”. What we do know is that the Whipple and Edlebrock kits perform similarly. I am assuming the VMP will perform similarly as well, but time will tell.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Stymee

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
So many factors play a roll in running a number but...

It would be nice to see VMP or a 3rd party put the kit on a stocker, add a radial in decent air with custom tuning and make a few runs

That being said, all 3 should be close at equal boost & octane running in good air

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
don’t take the Internet so seriously. We will never know what a “splash” means according to “VMP”. What we do know is that the Whipple and Edlebrock kits perform similarly. I am assuming the VMP will perform similarly as well, but time will tell.
they told me it’s how many ounces it takes to get to 98-100 octane. That’s what they shoot for. Obviously it isn’t an exact science and depends on how much fuel and what type is already in the tank.

Evolution IX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
they told me it’s how many ounces it takes to get to 98-100 octane. That’s what they shoot for. Obviously it isn’t an exact science and depends on how much fuel and what type is already in the tank.
well there you go that answers the question, thank you. Boostane has a ratio on their website, but as you stated it depends on how much fuel is in the tank and what octane your starting with.

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
I want to see a stock mustang add the VMP kit with nothing else. No headers, no converter, no boostane, no torco, no MS109 nothing. Just a 93 custom tune. Hit the track on a drag radial and let’s see what it will do. That will prove what the kit will do.
BINGO!!!! Same here.
I'm sure it will perform really well. Especially back to back to back runs where it has three intercoolers in it.

****Side note,.........not 100% sure, but I think that stangmode said he was going for 1,000HP???
If that's the case, I'm sure he's either getting a built engine installed or just waiting to blow a hole in the current one.

OP
OP
Stymee

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
BINGO!!!! Same here.
I'm sure it will perform really well. Especially back to back to back runs where it has three intercoolers in it.

****Side note,.........not 100% sure, but I think that stangmode said he was going for 1,000HP???
If that's the case, I'm sure he's either getting a built engine installed or just waiting to blow a hole in the current one.
Lolol, yea god bless him but pushing it that hard? Baaaaa Boom?
Sponsored