Stymee

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Can’t speak for stangmode but I’m under 5k a Yr in miles, I don’t need CARB approved
Sponsored

OP
OP
Stymee

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Waiting patiently for the P2, to see what they do to curtail heat soak

No doubt the VMP unit looks badass, I will wanna see it in a 3rd parties hands (Evolution)

schmeky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Stangmode also has a video where he drove the shop car and he remarked how smooth it was and that the drivability seemed quite good.

They all say that, then I hear of people with PD blowers (just about all of the various brands) complaining about surging, bucking, low speed issues, etc. They are all going to say what we want to hear.

I agree with Stymee, until it's installed by a "real" customer, with honest appraisals of how smooth is really is, we won't know.

I eventually want to take the FI plunge, and I too want to see what the newest Roush kit has to offer.

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT premium A10 (SOLD)
Stangmode also has a video where he drove the shop car and he remarked how smooth it was and that the drivability seemed quite good.

They all say that, then I hear of people with PD blowers (just about all of the various brands) complaining about surging, bucking, low speed issues, etc. They are all going to say what we want to hear.

I agree with Stymee, until it's installed by a "real" customer, with honest appraisals of how smooth is really is, we won't know.

I eventually want to take the FI plunge, and I too want to see what the newest Roush kit has to offer.
I only reported what stangmode said....not swearing that it was gospel. Some canned tunes have drivability issues but custom tuners can usually iron those out. Since this was VMPs own car, I suspect they had it pretty well dialed in.

Last edited:

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
"with an all new massive front inlet, independent overhead intercoolers, and brand new blow up design"
From their site, curious for details.

I've been planning either PC or EB kit for this weekend for months but then this teaser gets dropped this week throwing a wrench in the decision making process...

Sponsored

OP
OP
Stymee

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Custom tuned stuff usually runs well
Canned stuff is hit or miss

The VMP is gonna make big power, just gonna be a few more weeks when we see it in the hands of another shop, putting the screws to it

Not taking anything away from VMP, I’m sure there gonna give us lots more info in the coming weeks.

I have no doubt it will make big power

Beano

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phillip
Vehicle(s)
FGX XR8 and 2016 Mustang GT, Both supercharged
Custom tuned stuff usually runs well
Canned stuff is hit or miss

The VMP is gonna make big power, just gonna be a few more weeks when we see it in the hands of another shop, putting the screws to it

Not taking anything away from VMP, I’m sure there gonna give us lots more info in the coming weeks.

I have no doubt it will make big power
Yeah, it’s a pretty big supercharger, but with the 2650TVS rotors, it is going to punch hellishly hard too. The machanical design of this one is very well done, it should flow very well.

I got the Gen3R for my 2016 car this BF sale, just the head-unit and the 69mm twin TB -> seeing as my car is a Roush-charged unit, I did not really need it at all, but my plan is to take my time to build a killer 1000whp setup, with forged engine. I will worry about the tune when I get closer to that point.

Just needed a very solid SC to start from, the VMP one seems it. Understand the kit is a bit different for the newer cars, but anyway, if the SC is a good one, delivering power in the band you want, go for it....a decent tuner will get us going in the right direction soon enough :)

Can’t wait to have a drive in mine, as even the Roush 2300TVS in my car is a fun-drive.

‘Cheers,
Beano

BlueCollarDaily

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT 400a
I'm a little behind, why everyone thinks this Odin kit will need a custom tune? Arent VMP custom tuners? If you need tweaks they should be able to do it easily because they wont have to submit every revision for carb approval...that saves you the cost of needing a custom tune.
However zero talk of warranty, I know first hand what 93 octane will do to gen 3s with stock exhaust and 14psi....I'd like a psi and whp numbers that dont rely on anything but decent 91/93...
Its early in but I'd like more info on the pulley ratios, HE, suggested power for straight 93 ( boostane could have been well over 100 octane ), availability of loadouts... like true 93 kits or e85 kits ect....tune info, revision info...how many rib is it what's the pulley size ( it's for sale showing in stock and I see none of this i want to SEE the belt wrap, I have a good idea the pulley diameter if it's on factory 6 rib and how that can be detrimental).
It looks awesome, I know they will improve and support it for years to come, wish they offered a warranty and we all had a little more info....really dont want a big name shop as the one quoted a lot were nothing but liars to me...I'd rather see it in hands of individuals going to some smaller operations.......
Black Friday Edelbrock Stage 2 still seems the best deal, I know they tried to steal thunder but I think the release timing could hurt them...as it forces people to compare prices NOW vs competitors......
I had to spend well over 12k for less power than that though but I'm also on my 3rd long block...so warranty is fairly important...interesting to see what the new Roush offers but Gen 3 its Edelbrock for me out of necessity due to the potential for failure on 93....E85 and I'm sure any kit is fine....
I like the announcement I'm scared they missed their window its about 3 months late....Stangmodes car is fully setup for success so that's a great move....
Exciting times!!!!

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT premium A10 (SOLD)
Yes, VMP is a custom tuner. I think the point was made that custom tunes usually provide better drivability than canned tunes like you would see in an Edelbrock, Roush or Whipple. For what it is worth, however, I haven't heard many drivability complaints for Roush or Whipple. The Roush is ultra conservative and leaves lots of power on the table and the Whipple has had some engine failures, though. I would expect the Odin to have good drivability once they get the tune dialed in.

Tonymustang302

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2017 Turbo GT, 2019 GT350 racecar, 2021 GT500
You should ALWAYS get a custom tune. I guarantee 90% of the failures are from improper tunes.

Sponsored

BlueCollarDaily

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT 400a
Yes, VMP is a custom tuner. I think the point was made that custom tunes usually provide better drivability than canned tunes like you would see in an Edelbrock, Roush or Whipple. For what it is worth, however, I haven't heard many drivability complaints for Roush or Whipple. The Roush is ultra conservative and leaves lots of power on the table and the Whipple has had some engine failures, though. I would expect the Odin to have good drivability once they get the tune dialed in.
Yes my EB stage 2 is conservative BUT it has quite surprising manners especially coming from the Stage 1 tune....All i can do is extrapolate but based on my stage 2 EB tune, I cant imagine if I could log and send EB calibration a list of my likes and needs then them send me a revision...( they cant they would have to recertify) like VMP can so I would say the need for THEM to need to be custom tuned would be negligible and in fact in the "Pro" column as I also agree with the next poster almost all 93 Gen 3 failure at WOT are due to tune....

OP
OP
Stymee

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
VMP will have a Carb tune but no warranty other than parts on their kits

Still with a quality tune at 10lbs it should make great power on pump and possibly more with a 93/boostane mix however I’d rather run 93/Sunoco 260 mix to protect cats & 02’s

BlueCollarDaily

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT 400a
VMP will have a Carb tune but no warranty other than parts on their kits

Still with a quality tune at 10lbs it should make great power on pump and possibly more with a 93/boostane mix however I’d rather run 93/Sunoco 260 mix to protect cats & 02’s
I'd rather not pour gas from a can in a daily...but I'm a fat gimped up old man....
Where is this info I been looking for it!!!

OP
OP
Stymee

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I'd rather not pour gas from a can in a daily...but I'm a fat gimped up old man....
Where is this info I been looking for it!!!
They spoke about in a recent vid, but just using boostane not Sunoco

However on a safe tune at 9-10 psi u could still run 93 and not hurt the engine

Gimp huh, I’ve been operated on 13 times, i’m The gimp here

BlueCollarDaily

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT 400a
They spoke about in a recent vid, but just using boostane not Sunoco

However on a safe tune at 9-10 psi u could still run 93 and not hurt the engine

Gimp huh, I’ve been operated on 13 times, i’m The gimp here
I've refused that many hehe...
Yea I like the 2650s on 9-10 with good cooling and a good tune....snappy nimble daily car no fuss...and will be fairly quick on a drag pack!!
Sponsored