Status
Not open for further replies.

Bossing

attacks tracks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just can't get enuff!
^Forget the SA..... call back now and speak directly to the Sales Mgr. and send in your deposit to secure the daRn thing. Tread fast, or I might beat you to it! :D

J/K... :headbonk:

Good luck! :cheers:
Sponsored

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
^Forget the SA..... call back now and speak directly to the Sales Mgr. and send in your deposit to secure the daRn thing. Tread fast, or I might beat you to it! :D

J/K... :headbonk:

Good luck! :cheers:
Yep. That particular sales guy isn't the ONLY one allowed to sell that car. You better do as Bossing suggested to reduce the risk of losing it.

CliffClavin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Van down by the river
Wow, I would be all over that.

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
Wow, I would be all over that.
Agreed and I would do the same as you but I don't get the feeling that there is a total commitment to this endeavor therefore waiting another day is not a big deal here.

:cheers:

Bosshog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J-RO
Vehicle(s)
17' 350R // 16' FOCUS RS
Hello,

A few months ago I was here often, reading as much as I could and trying desperately to buy a GT350R. Honestly I gave up because I just didn't feel that it should be that hard to buy a car - and at thousands over MSRP. Also, with the new ZL1 coming and rumors of a new Z/28 I kind of thought maybe the whole market would come down a bit and it wouldn't be so hard to get a GT350R.

Well, out of the blue, a dealer I went back and forth with a few months ago emailed me. He asked if I wanted to price a 2017 so I sent him my build. He hit me back with a Ford WBDO document showing the MSRP of the car and a second email saying I'd pay about an $8K premium over MSRP.

My first question is, do you think this is for real? I'm jaded from reading about $20K or $30K or more ADM's on R-model cars. Why would a dealer sell for such less than that when there seem to be so many willing and able buyers who will spend these large amounts of money? I suppose the juxtaposition on that is that there are stories of people here getting R's at no or very little ADM. The whole think kind of defies logic. I'd think the market would dictate the price and all cars would fall into the market price +/- a small percentage but not the wild $0-$60K swing in prices you read about online.

My next question is, could it go south after there is a deposit in place? Again, back when I was a frequent visitor to this forum, I saw plenty of posts where people made deposits but the dealer was later unable to get the allocation. What happens now days if that occurs? Do all the dealers know how hard it is to get an "R" allocation? Should I even bring that up to avoid a surprise later if I'm dealing with an undereducated sales rep? And how long does it take before the dealer knows that their order won't be allocated?

My last question is, do you think the car is worth it? I realize this one may be the hardest to answer. I also realize the responses here will be wildly biased. Does the performance of other cars change the landscape? With a possible new Z/28 lurking, what would that do to the GT350R if the Z surpasses it in the magazine testing? Does that even matter? Does it affect ADM or resale or one's own perception of value? I know this is veering off course a bit. I think what makes it hard is that it's not something I can buy today...I've got to wait, what, 8 months? More? and it's hard to know what the car market will be like then. So it's a roll of the dice.

Any input you have would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

DM
I definitely think the car is worth it . . every penny. Even paying a hefty ADM you really are only scraping the heels price wise of other cars the R competes with (GT4, GT3, ZO6)

The ADM's are of course straight inflation - and you can expect to lose that money when comes to resale in my opinion - at least 1-2 years down the road. Some people probably are paying 20K ADM and still making serious coin on Ebay.

However, I think the R models will shine as long term cars especially if:
- Ford doesn't produce any more flat plane crank engines moving forward
- Mustang's become turbo charged to meet emissions
- GT350's are a 2-3 year limited production run
- First production car w/Carbon Fiber wheels
- Lack of electronics (especially when ordered w/out AC and Nav, etc.)
- Rear seat delete from factory
- Low production #'s

If Ford turns up the heat and wins LeMans in June with the GT or wins Continental Tire series (which now the 350R-C is leading) than you'll have some extra ju ju working. . . It after all also doesn't hurt that the R beat out some serious competition to win R&T performance car of the year as well.

I don't think the R's will go much south of MSRP even used in the next 4-6 years.
Especially if turbo's come and flat plane crank engines disappear.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Macstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Shelby GT500
Ok, the ice is beginning to crack under my feet. I spoke with my sales rep today. He said that he knew they had one allocation for a "Shelby" and he could configure it anyway he wanted. I asked how many they had sold and he said he sold one in February. (I thought it was 3 for every one R.) In any case, he wouldn't take my deposit today. He said the owner was away until next week and he needed to speak with him before taking the deposit.

Sadly I no longer think this is real...I'm going to keep playing along until this runs it's course but I'm not holding out too much hope...

DM

oldmachguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
2017 R Model $25,000 ADM

I posted this in the ADM sticky thread, but thought I might get quicker feedback here.

I just got offered a 2017 GT350R allocation for $25k ADM.

FWIW, my initial reaction is I would do $75k - $80k, but not $92k.

Thoughts?

Also, how do I / the dealer find out when he can submit the order? (I don't have to have it fast - I just have to have it.)

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I posted this in the ADM sticky thread, but thought I might get quicker feedback here.

I just got offered a 2017 GT350R allocation for $25k ADM.

FWIW, my initial reaction is I would do $75k - $80k, but not $92k.

Thoughts?

Also, how do I / the dealer find out when he can submit the order? (I don't have to have it fast - I just have to have it.)
It's your call, but that's more than I would pay. I'd just get a regular GT350 rather than pay that huge of an ADM. Put lighter wheels on it if you want to improve the acceleration.

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Ok, the ice is beginning to crack under my feet. I spoke with my sales rep today. He said that he knew they had one allocation for a "Shelby" and he could configure it anyway he wanted. I asked how many they had sold and he said he sold one in February. (I thought it was 3 for every one R.) In any case, he wouldn't take my deposit today. He said the owner was away until next week and he needed to speak with him before taking the deposit.

Sadly I no longer think this is real...I'm going to keep playing along until this runs it's course but I'm not holding out too much hope...

DM
Doesnt sound like an R IMO. If they sold one in feb, im guessing are smaller and got a single allocation GT350 (not an R)

OP
OP

Macstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Shelby GT500
Doesnt sound like an R IMO. If they sold one in feb, im guessing are smaller and got a single allocation GT350 (not an R)
How far in the process does this have to go before they find out they won't be able to get an "R"?

Will Ford allow them to even place the order if all they have is a regular GT350 allocation?

Thank you,

DM

Sponsored

mattlqx

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'22 Mach 1, '16 F-150, '14 Fiesta ST, '14 Audi A7
How far in the process does this have to go before they find out they won't be able to get an "R"?

Will Ford allow them to even place the order if all they have is a regular GT350 allocation?

Thank you,

DM
They can put the order in and it'd just sit there for the entire MY, not getting picked up, until it gets cancelled. The only way to confirm they have the allocation for an R is to have them get on the phone with you and their Ford rep (the one that would pull the order) or have an email from them stating they do have said R allocation.

firefisher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Mustang
I called all over and got quote for the "R" from $20k over to $50 K over. I purchased a 2016 track yesterday and have it sitting in my garage. Love the car. I will drive this one until I come across an "R" for as close to MSRP as I can get. (if that is even possible) On the way to pick up the track, one of the dealers I called who quoted $20K for the "R" told me the owner would take $15K over, I know I could have chewed him down to close to $10K.

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
I called all over and got quote for the "R" from $20k over to $50 K over. I purchased a 2016 track yesterday and have it sitting in my garage. Love the car. I will drive this one until I come across an "R" for as close to MSRP as I can get. (if that is even possible) On the way to pick up the track, one of the dealers I called who quoted $20K for the "R" told me the owner would take $15K over, I know I could have chewed him down to close to $10K.
If you could have gotten this dealer down to $10K ADM I would suggest that is a very good price in today's market place.

I would suggest that almost all 2016MY 920A cars are pretty much spoken for with a few maybe left for sale and suggest that the 2017MY "R" models will certainly not come down to an MSRP and in fact they could even escalate in price compared to the 2016 "R" models based on supply and demand.

If and this is just speculation that Ford does not produce a 2018MY GT350 just watch the price of the "R" models increase.

I certainly don't advocate ADM's but at $10k over for an "R" model that is a very good deal and someone should be all over that subject to you not wanting this car for yourself?

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

firefisher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Mustang
If you could have gotten this dealer down to $10K ADM I would suggest that is a very good price in today's market place.

I would suggest that almost all 2016MY 920A cars are pretty much spoken for with a few maybe left for sale and suggest that the 2017MY "R" models will certainly not come down to an MSRP and in fact they could even escalate in price compared to the 2016 "R" models based on supply and demand.

If and this is just speculation that Ford does not produce a 2018MY GT350 just watch the price of the "R" models increase.

I certainly don't advocate ADM's but at $10k over for an "R" model that is a very good deal and someone should be all over that subject to you not wanting this car for yourself?

:thumbsup::thumbsup:
I will wait a bit more and see if they go down further. If I decide not to pursue it any more, I'll gladly let the forum members that are interested have the lead.

Hi-PO Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Shelby GT500
I am thinking that you could get a 2016 R for 8000 dollars or less over MSRP if the dealer and salesman knows you well. There are smaller town dealers who have a great deal of respect for their customers. Some of those dealers have made enough money over the years and know that a good reputation for fair deals will allow them to make more money by actually selling more cars than making money on just one car.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.