2017 "R" $8K over, worth it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
Given the current market of course, in which you guys are like sharks in a feeding frenzy in participation. Some of you guys are so out of hand, throwing any thread of rational thought out the window. You guys need an intervention lol. You're feeding each other with emotional justification.

History repeats itself with these SE Mustangs, the future does not bode well for those who voluntarily choose to pay ADM now. The resale market will not support it like the Ford GT, Porsche GT3's, various Ferraris etc. ZL1's and Z/28's are right around the corner as well. They will perform better than the GT350's. When that happens dealers will want these cars off the lots. But you know, it's only money, 'merica, none of your business and all that. :doh:
I am so happy that you came to our rescue and provided all of us uninformed Mustang enthusiasts with such insightful commentary and guidance. :thumbsup:

You are absolutely correct that most of us have no idea about the current market conditions and we really are out of hand and not in touch with reality regarding these outstanding automobiles.

Because of your very intelligent post providing all of us with history on the resale market and current market conditions for the GT350/GT350R I for one am going to change my complete attitude with respect to these great cars based on your vast experience and guidance.

:hail::hail:
Sponsored

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
What kind of a thinking is this? So rich have to be stupid then? Ever heard of Warren Buffett? I recommend you read his books and you may learn a thing or two.

This has got nothing to do with being rich. You are either wasteful or you are conservative. You are either responsible or irresponsible. These are personality traits. Whether the medium is money or toothpaste or left over food is irrelevant.

Do you leave food on your plate and throw it out or do you pack it for next meal? I earn high 6 figures and live in a 7 figure home but I never throw my food, never do idiodic burnouts with my cars and waste hundreds of dollars of worth tires. You see? Its all about one's perspective and their character and the upbringing they have had, it has absolutely nothing to do with how much money you have. This is all typical byproduct of 21st century westerner spending mentality.
Arent you the one just willing to pay 7500 adm? Must not be able to find one for that?
Point is, everything i have is paid for, these two Rs will be paid for. I have a large account and i wont ever be where you think i will be.
Any way You slice it, YOU lose.
I am a self made man, no college.
I grew up in the worst possible conditions, i know the value of a dollar and yes, i eat everything on my plate.
Did warren buffet leave money for his kids?
Im not taking it with me, Ill spend it.
Why worry about the little things. Whats 10k really?? Your M cars lost their ass im sure. Why buy those cars? Waste of money entirely... status symbol? I tell yeah i see all kinds of hypocrites here.

Rated R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco FE
I am so happy that you came to our rescue and provided all of us uninformed Mustang enthusiasts with such insightful commentary and guidance. :thumbsup:

You are absolutely correct that most of us have no idea about the current market conditions and we really are out of hand and not in touch with reality regarding these outstanding automobiles.

Because of your very intelligent post providing all of us with history on the resale market and current market conditions for the GT350/GT350R I for one am going to change my complete attitude with respect to these great cars based on your vast experience and guidance.

:hail::hail:
It would be prudent if you did...;)

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
Everyone who ever bought a NEW car is "stupid", right? We all know that right when you sign the papers is gonna lose money. If you were more Smart with your money, you'd buy right when it hits its lowest depreciation. Sure you can probably flip some models right when you buy them...hell thats how some people make their living. I can care less about this car ever making a dime or losing ton. Im gonna use it and depending on how much it fits me, i may keep them until I die. Sorry us ADMers are causing the market to stay inflated. Have some patience and buy a used 6 year old R for 50k. Then you'll feel better, right?

Rated R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco FE
Everyone who ever bought a NEW car is "stupid", right? We all know that right when you sign the papers is gonna lose money. If you were more Smart with your money, you'd buy right when it hits its lowest depreciation. Sure you can probably flip some models right when you buy them...hell thats how some people make their living. I can care less about this car ever making a dime or losing ton. Im gonna use it and depending on how much it fits me, i may keep them until I die. Sorry us ADMers are causing the market to stay inflated. Have some patience and buy a used 6 year old R for 50k. Then you'll feel better, right?
No, just those who know that they'll lose money buying a car, then paying even more than typical, out of haste, is not making the best decision. It's called mitigating your loss. I could have a R model, or most whatever else there is. But I wouldn't have zero debt if I had made such decisions in my life.

You're paying the 'have it now fee'. Depreciation starts at MSRP and goes down from there. This is why someone saying that $ XXXXX K over is 'a good deal' is a naive and foolish statement. For now, the market is hot. For some it justifies the markup. It's not going to last for very much longer. Spend it however you want, it's not mine to spend. But just know that if you pay ADM now, it's just a have it now fee. It's like renting a hot car for a few weeks in the summer. Memories are priceless though...;)

Sponsored

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
No, just those who know that they'll lose money buying a car, then paying even more than typical, out of haste, is not making the best decision. It's called mitigating your loss. I could have a R model, or most whatever else there is. But I wouldn't have zero debt if I had made such decisions in my life.

You're paying the 'have it now fee'. Depreciation starts at MSRP and goes down from there. This is why someone saying that $ XXXXX K over is 'a good deal' is a naive and foolish statement. For now, the market is hot. For some it justifies the markup. It's not going to last for very much longer. Spend it however you want, it's not mine to spend. But just know that if you pay ADM now, it's just a have it now fee. It's like renting a hot car for a few weeks in the summer. Memories are priceless though...;)
Fact is 99.99999% of cars lose money right when you sign, right? So...you and 99.99999% of people are stupid. Even if you buy under invoice its a loss...

Im 100% debt free too plus a nice account. The fact is, you can try to justify all day long to yourself why you should or shouldnt pay ADM, MSRP or Invoice, but you cant tell people what to do with THEIR money. Spend yours the way you like. 6 to 10 years down the road you can get a USED R for 50k and be the happiest fella in town. Am i telling you not to do that because its a bad thing?

Please, dont feel pity or sorrow for us, we're not looking for it, we know full well what we're doing....most of us anyway.

MCarsFan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Arent you the one just willing to pay 7500 adm? Must not be able to find one for that?
Point is, everything i have is paid for, these two Rs will be paid for. I have a large account and i wont ever be where you think i will be.
Any way You slice it, YOU lose.
I am a self made man, no college.
I grew up in the worst possible conditions, i know the value of a dollar and yes, i eat everything on my plate.
Did warren buffet leave money for his kids?
Im not taking it with me, Ill spend it.
Why worry about the little things. Whats 10k really?? Your M cars lost their ass im sure. Why buy those cars? Waste of money entirely... status symbol? I tell yeah i see all kinds of hypocrites here.
Yeah you are one of those then... "Spend it all yourself and leave nothing for kids". I love that mentality.

Its clear that while you may be old, your intellect and logical reasoning havent really developed - which may have a thing or two with the fact that you havent really studied. Kudos to you for making a living, and making enough money to buy not one but two Rs with ADMs and doing so in a cash deal. But guess what, Justin Bieber also made a lot of money and never went to college or Trump also is a billionaire. Having lots of money and being rich dont really mean you have reached to a certain level of maturity in life and make sound decisions - if not for their money, both of those would probably barely pass for a "moron" mark:)

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
Yeah you are one of those then... "Spend it all yourself and leave nothing for kids". I love that mentality.

Its clear that while you may be old, your intellect and logical reasoning havent really developed - which may have a thing or two with the fact that you havent really studied. Kudos to you for making a living, and making enough money to buy not one but two Rs with ADMs and doing so in a cash deal. But guess what, Justin Bieber also made a lot of money and never went to college or Trump also is a billionaire. Having lots of money and being rich dont really mean you have reached to a certain level of maturity in life and make sound decisions - if not for their money, both of those would probably barely pass for a "moron" mark:)
The world needs hypocrites!! Get in that overpriced M and drive home to your overpriced status symbol 7 figure home and then write more hypocrisy.

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
Did you ever find that 7500k adm? LOL. Ugh..... Hypocrite!
I'll leave plenty to my kids, but just like your buddy, Buffet, he wasnt gonna give them squat because he wanted them to be able to self make themselves with hard work, like I did. Thats what i want for my kids.
When they turn 35, they will both get more than you have right now, i promise that.

MCarsFan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
The world needs hypocrites!! Get in that overpriced M and drive home to your overpriced status symbol 7 figure home and then write more hypocrisy.
I pay $930 a month for a 121k M5. I put 0 down. I rolled all fees in. I got over 20 grand below msrp on that "overpriced" M5.

I bought 7Ms over 10 years, 4 of which were 1st model years, and I have never paid retail, the most I paid was 1k over invoice and most of my deals have been behind invoice.

And leave my M5 the heck out of this discussion. Either construct a viable opinion against what I posted or leave personal attacks out. Grow up. Show me another car in this class that does what M5 does and consider how much I pay for it. M5 is the best value out there, its an amazing car for what its able to do so many things at once. Its my daily driver which i put over 15k miles a year and it puts a smile on my face every morning. It goes in snow, ice, mud, hot, warm and never broke down, never overheated, never threw a limp mode, and gets compliments all the time. What is it that you have to attack it so much? What does what car I drive have anything to do with the ADM discussion?

Sponsored

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
Im not attacking you. You come here and you tell us what we should do with our money. Are you are Dad or financial advisor? No! You do what you want with your money and we'll do what we want with ours. Everyone here, with the exception of very few, that pays an ADM on these cars, do it because they have money and think of their finances before hand. We're not all kids.

MCarsFan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Im not attacking you. You come here and you tell us what we should do with our money. Are you are Dad or financial advisor? No! You do what you want with your money and we'll do what we want with ours. Everyone here, with the exception of very few, that pays an ADM on these cars, do it because they have money and think of their finances before hand. We're not all kids.
You are contradicting yourself though

Everyone here, with the exception of very few, that pays an ADM on these cars, do it because they have money and think of their finances before hand. We're not all kids

So based on your reasoning:

- If you have money to pay $40 for something that is actually worth $5, thats okay.

And what I am saying is, that is not okay. That is wastefulness and irresponsible and is actually precisely how this country went into the worst recession in its history. Because people like you had the same line of thinking and instead of buying cars, they were buying houses! They paid 1.2M for a house that was worth 800k because "the market demanded it". Bullshit. They did so because they had to have what they wanted when they wanted it they drank the kool aid and got carried away.

This has got nothing to do with having money or financial means. I could walk into a dealer now and buy one today for 200k ADM, cash, and come tomorrow, and buy another one for the same price. Thats where my finances are. But I am not doing that, why? Same reason why I wouldnt pay $5 for a tall pike in starbucks because coffee is worth $2!

I hope you understand that this is not about money, but rather mentality.

Bosshog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J-RO
Vehicle(s)
17' 350R // 16' FOCUS RS
You are contradicting yourself though

Everyone here, with the exception of very few, that pays an ADM on these cars, do it because they have money and think of their finances before hand. We're not all kids

So based on your reasoning:

- If you have money to pay $40 for something that is actually worth $5, thats okay.

And what I am saying is, that is not okay. That is wastefulness and irresponsible and is actually precisely how this country went into the worst recession in its history. Because people like you had the same line of thinking and instead of buying cars, they were buying houses! They paid 1.2M for a house that was worth 800k because "the market demanded it". Bullshit. They did so because they had to have what they wanted when they wanted it they drank the kool aid and got carried away.

This has got nothing to do with having money or financial means. I could walk into a dealer now and buy one today for 200k ADM, cash, and come tomorrow, and buy another one for the same price. Thats where my finances are. But I am not doing that, why? Same reason why I wouldnt pay $5 for a tall pike in starbucks because coffee is worth $2!

I hope you understand that this is not about money, but rather mentality.
How is the above housing market scenario not the same as your zero down Bimmer purchase? That's what was happening with home buying. . 0% down.

"I pay $930 a month for a 121k M5. I put 0 down. I rolled all fees in. I got over 20 grand below msrp on that "overpriced" M5."

Looks like Bimmer had to cut their loses or major profit if they have room to take a neg deal on a new car in the tune of 20K. But last I looked, nobody was in a feeding frenzy for any Bimmer. . . except the new GTS which has a 50K ADM at all dealers I looked into.

Status
Not open for further replies.