Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.danpearsonphoto.com
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
SO FORD! Once again you have denied us a 2017 GT Mustang with the top of the line Performance Package with the automatic. I have BAD knees and can no longer drive a standard shift Mustang. I compete in Regional and National level autocross with SCCA and have for more than 40+ Years, and I hate that you will not give me the CHANCE to compete because of your stupid rules on ordering cars! I had a 1967 Mustang GT Fastback, S Code car that I loved, then I could handle a 4 speed. Then I had a 2004 Mustang SVT Cobra, that I didn't enjoy driving because of the extremely HEAVY ClUTCH and your stupid rules won't allow me to order the car that I want and need to be competitive in my class. COME ON, this is a simple matter, ALLOW the Performance Package option with the Automatic. Please ALL members, join in this is just nuts the way FORD limits their ordering. :frusty:
Sponsored

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO

or

--

OP
OP

dpphoto

dpphoto
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.danpearsonphoto.com
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Dude, I run your front bar, I run F street, I am totally limited in what I can do to the car.
I ordered at 2015 with the automatic, 20" wheels, 3:55 rear end, everything that I could order to make the car as competitive as possible. But I still need the Performance Package to compete in F Street SCCA. FORD needs to step up and allow us to order the car to where we can compete!!!!!!!!!!!!!

KevinG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT PP 6SPD Recaros w/black roof
Ford keeps the performance package with what its intended for - manual transmissions. Honda/Acura did the same with Type-S/SI, etc.

Why not just order with 3.73 gears, 19" wheels and add the k-brace, strut brace and calipers on later?

Aarron_M

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Honda Fit
Are you allowed to change classes, or is F street the only class?

Sponsored

timd38

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT/CS C6 Corvette
I bought the CS because I wanted an auto. Get the brace and splitter.The Brembo kit is $1400 and all kinds of PP springs are in the sale section.

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
Dude, I run your front bar, I run F street, I am totally limited in what I can do to the car.
I ordered at 2015 with the automatic, 20" wheels, 3:55 rear end, everything that I could order to make the car as competitive as possible. But I still need the Performance Package to compete in F Street SCCA. FORD needs to step up and allow us to order the car to where we can compete!!!!!!!!!!!!!
What exactly from PP makes it essential for FS ? Wider wheels would be nice, but you can do 9" wide. Can't comment on gearing with auto - what's the top speed in 2nd with 3.55 ? On faster courses 3.55 on MT82 actually saves you from shifting into 3rd. You can change one sway and shocks. What else is that you're missing from PP ?
And if you want to be competitive on a National level, why not go for a different car ? M3 ? '16 Camaro SS which clearly is likely to be faster than Mustang ?

Your email is little pointless, at this point it is clearly not happening.

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
I bought the CS because I wanted an auto. Get the brace and splitter.The Brembo kit is $1400 and all kinds of PP springs are in the sale section.
Yes, but he is limited to what he can change in a Street Class. Everybody suggesting all kinds of mods - you have to understand this little detail.

Sponsored

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
I wouldn't call the PP a waste of money. It's a pretty fair price for everything that is offered in the package.

Aarron_M

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Honda Fit
Yes, but he is limited to what he can change in a Street Class. Everybody suggesting all kinds of mods - you have to understand this little detail.
But he can modify anything he wants on his car, the way he wants, and he'll still be allowed to race...he just has to do it in a different class. If he has medical issues(knees), maybe he should change classes to fit his car vs the other way around - you have to understand this little detail. ;)

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
But he can modify anything he wants on his car, the way he wants, and he'll still be allowed to race...he just has to do it in a different class. If he has medical issues(knees), maybe he should change classes to fit his car vs the other way around - you have to understand this little detail. ;)
Absolutely correct - ESP, STP, STU or CAM-C. He can also - as I suggested - buy a different car.

timd38

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT/CS C6 Corvette
I agree, but you could get a PP auto if you got the 50th edition, so an auto PP has been produced, so you just created your own with factory parts.
Sponsored