Sponsored

2017 Ecoboost with Pony Package

klineka

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium
Personally not a fan at all, I dont like the stripe on the bottom, I dont like the chrome trim or wheels, the front is OK at best, reminds me of a fusion.

Although I do like the black painted roof though.

Sponsored

OP
OP
robertwsimpson

robertwsimpson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Convertible
huh, an ecoboost premium with no options is nearly $33k on the build site. The stuff that I wouldn't want on this car would be the automatic, white pearl paint, adaptive cruise, and nav. together, those options are $3,500!

Aarron_M

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Honda Fit
I paid $32k for my GT w/Performance Package...I couldn't imagine paying more than that for an ecoboost. Especially when it just isn't pretty. Chrome, mis-matched upper and lower grills, stickers, black roof...it has way too much going on for me.

pdac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 GT, 2011 GT/CS, 2013 Jeep Wranger, 2014 GT/CS - All SOLD! Current - 2012 Corvette Grand Sport
37k for an ecoboost seems crazy to me. A lot of that is useless (to me) options though. No way I'm paying $1,800 for the "Pro Audio". I imagine if one wanted they could buy that car for $30k or less right now either way. I'm seeing GT Premium PP's that sticker for $43k going for $35-$36k.
I do like that grill though. I've owned 2 California Specials (2011 and 2014) and the grill is my favorite part. The only thing I don't like about the current Performance Package is the grill. I wish you could get it with the PP with the C/S grill.

OP
OP
robertwsimpson

robertwsimpson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Convertible
So the consensus is that we don't like the pony package, which includes: polished aluminum wheels, floormats with pony logo, side stripes, upper and lower grilles, and bright beltline (what?) and window surrounds?

Not really my style, as I don't like shiny stuff, but I know other people do.

Sponsored

Gigantor

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wes
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT Premium
Holy fuck, $38k for an Ecoboost with an ugly grille?
Might as well reach for the GT. The Ecoboost price should be in the $20K
range

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Dislike the grille and the wheels very much. They look cheap. Grille looks like a sidewalk grate. Same grille but black (on the GT/CS) looks a ton better.

Spartan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer Sport
Holy fuck, $38k for an Ecoboost with an ugly grille?
All the dealers add in the adaptive cruise control and navigation which adds up to $2k to the price. Really annoying they do that.

At that angle, the Fusion '17 next to it looks so much better in terms of the headlights...

5pointOh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 Ingot Silver "Millennium Falcon" @falcon_s550
Interesting the chrome trim was exclusive to the EU version. Those wheels and grill are hideous but I hate chrome.

Stormtrooper5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GTPP
I paid $32k for my GT w/Performance Package...I couldn't imagine paying more than that for an ecoboost. Especially when it just isn't pretty. Chrome, mis-matched upper and lower grills, stickers, black roof...it has way too much going on for me.
Wtf? Hard enough for me to find a base GT for 32k.
Sponsored