Sponsored

2017 mustang gt pictures of factory paint defects.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Not only is that unbelievably bad service, that's downright shitty.:mad:

That the car was damaged and repaired should have been disclosed up front.
Sponsored

robertwsimpson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Convertible
Devil's advocate:

Sometimes, vehicles will be damaged in transit and repaired before they ever arrive at the dealer. There will be no records available to the dealer stating any damage whatsoever.

I'm not saying that is definitely what happened in this case, but I've been involved with this (with other manufacturers) and it took a lot of digging to get someone to admit to the repair. Before you blame the dealer for hiding something, ask for the documentation from Ford and the dealership. Something is not jiving here...

robertwsimpson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Convertible
don't forget, there are multiple parties at play here:

Ford made the car

the transportation company damaged the vehicle

a contracted body repair facility probably made the repair

the dealer sold the vehicle

There are 4 parties that could be trying to cover their butts.

EJS2016

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shadow Black GT Premium, 6A, 3.55 / '08 GT
Wow...talk about deceptive and unethical business practices!!!
If this were my "new" car, I would be a true wild man...uncontrollable, in somebody's face.
I would demand a dealer buyback through Ford and report the dealership to the BBB.

I'm assuming that during transport, the transporter and Ford are both responsible for the safety of the vehicle and any damage that may occur until it arrives at the dealership.
Also, it needs to be determined who is responsible for the novice body and paint work.

You, in good faith believed you purchased a brand-new Mustang, not a damaged and poorly repaired vehicle...that's not a new car to me.

I am no legal expert but, there seem to be several players involved in this multi-layered deception and scam.
This whole situation is outrageous and needs to be made right for you...probably by an attorney.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Ryano1416

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang gt
Wow...talk about deceptive and unethical business practices!!!
If this were my "new" car, I would be a true wild man...uncontrollable, in somebody's face.
I would demand a dealer buyback through Ford and report the dealership to the BBB.

I'm assuming that during transport, the transporter and Ford are both responsible for the safety of the vehicle and any damage that may occur until it arrives at the dealership.
Also, it needs to be determined who is responsible for the novice body and paint work.

You, in good faith believed you purchased a brand-new Mustang, not a damaged and poorly repaired vehicle...that's not a new car to me.

I am no legal expert but, there seem to be several players involved in this multi-layered deception and scam.
This whole situation is outrageous and needs to be made right for you...probably by an attorney.
I am a pretty nice guy and do not want to have to show my ass to anyone, im waiting to see exactly where this is going to go. I made a call ahead last week because the dealer is about 30 minutes from me to take the car in on the 23rd and was told they were to busy that day and to bring it one day after the 26th. The dealership wants to get their own professional pictures of the defects...and the customer service rep claimed the defects were hard to see in the pictures and that the dealership should take their own. Understandable but the pictures are pretty clear to me.

Also the first time i brought the car by (as mentioned in a previous post) they basically claimed the defects were not there and there isn't even a record of me bringing it by.

robertwsimpson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Convertible
I am a pretty nice guy and do not want to have to show my ass to anyone, im waiting to see exactly where this is going to go. I made a call ahead last week because the dealer is about 30 minutes from me to take the car in on the 23rd and was told they were to busy that day and to bring it one day after the 26th. The dealership wants to get their own professional pictures of the defects...and the customer service rep claimed the defects were hard to see in the pictures and that the dealership should take their own. Understandable but the pictures are pretty clear to me.

Also the first time i brought the car by (as mentioned in a previous post) they basically claimed the defects were not there and there isn't even a record of me bringing it by.
I think you're going about this the right way. You get more flies with honey than vinegar.

I hope that the dealer can help you get satisfaction. My car had a paint defect as well (bubble in paint on rear bumper) and panel alignment issues (I still haven't fixed this yet), but all in all, I am happy with my ride. I hope you can say the same eventually!

HISSMAN

Large Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White GT/PP Premium
I think you're going about this the right way. You get more flies with honey than vinegar.

I hope that the dealer can help you get satisfaction. My car had a paint defect as well (bubble in paint on rear bumper) and panel alignment issues (I still haven't fixed this yet), but all in all, I am happy with my ride. I hope you can say the same eventually!
A true saying, but the way we catch nats and flies that get into our home is with white vinegar.

EJS2016

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shadow Black GT Premium, 6A, 3.55 / '08 GT
Ryano1416,
I'm sure you are a nice guy.
I just don't want to see you get f'cked over in multiples with this situation.
It's just way wrong.
I have no doubt you will handle in it the manner that makes you feel most comfortable.
I'm a nice guy too, but with something like this...I'd be way up somebody's arse.
Please keep us updated with your resolution process.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Nice guy or not - don't get yourself stepped on because you don't want to ruffle feathers.

If I were you, I would overstep EVERYONE at that Dealership and demand to speak to the OWNER of the Dealership, period. Then I would proceed to explain how you were deceived into buying what was supposed to be a brand new, unblemished vehicle as it came directly from Ford.

Do NOT settle for any repaint BS. The only thing you're settling for is a replacement vehicle, equipped exactly as the one you bought, from colors to options.

If you don't get what you deserve - then you tell the Owner you're going straight to your local News Team's Investigative Team and you'll bring him all the PR he ever dreamed of, in the most negative manner.

It's BS that it was covered up by the denying any body work repair was done to the car and you had to find out yourself from another source.

You should be pissed - granted not screaming and yelling and making a scene, BUT going after what is RIGHT, do not fold....

Sponsored

Mr981

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost coupe
Nice guy or not - don't get yourself stepped on because you don't want to ruffle feathers.

If I were you, I would overstep EVERYONE at that Dealership and demand to speak to the OWNER of the Dealership, period. Then I would proceed to explain how you were deceived into buying what was supposed to be a brand new, unblemished vehicle as it came directly from Ford.

Do NOT settle for any repaint BS. The only thing you're settling for is a replacement vehicle, equipped exactly as the one you bought, from colors to options.

If you don't get what you deserve - then you tell the Owner you're going straight to your local News Team's Investigative Team and you'll bring him all the PR he ever dreamed of, in the most negative manner.

It's BS that it was covered up by the denying any body work repair was done to the car and you had to find out yourself from another source.

You should be pissed - granted not screaming and yelling and making a scene, BUT going after what is RIGHT, do not fold....
This happens--pre delivery damage to a new car-- more often than you think.
We went through it twice with Mazda;

A new1987 RX7-local dealer bought it from an out of state dealer; looked fine at the dealership. 2 years later while detailing the car, I came across some filler and body tape at a corner right where the rt. rear fender met the rear facia. Probably dented when parking, did the quick fix and was sold

1991 RX7--car brought in again from an out of state dealer. Dealer delivered the car in the dark to my wife , got it home and found lots of white spots (pits) in the paint down to the primer. We took it the next day to local paint shop and paid for an opinion on what happened--shop said it looked like acid or acid rain on the hood and roof. Went back to the dealer--had to get the district guy involved--and they got her another car.
Dealer was absolutely no help and asked if they were supposed to be the ones stuck with the car....great attitude.

After those episodes, we do a PPI--before the $ changes hands--on every car we've bought since. Get the car in a well lighted area, go over each panel very carefully, look at all the panel gaps, interior panels and fabric, do the test drive and listen to the motor. It takes a bit of time, but one thing is for sure, if the body work is screwed up at the delivery, it going to be PITA to get it sorted out after the fact. Good paint jobs cost a lot of money; fixing this panel and matching the color will be difficult.

I hope Ford does the right thing and replaces the car.

Last edited:

robertwsimpson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Convertible
This happens--pre delivery damage to a new car-- more often than you think.
We went through it twice with Mazda;

A new1987 RX7-local dealer bought it from an out of state dealer; looked fine at the dealership. 2 years later while detailing the car, I came across some filler and body tape at a corner right where the rt. rear fender met the rear facia. Probably dented when parking, did the quick fix and was sold

1991 RX7--car brought in again from an out of state dealer. Dealer delivered the car in the dark to my wife , got it home and found lots of white spots (pits) in the paint down to the primer. We took it the next day to local paint shop and paid for an opinion on what happened--shop said it looked like acid or acid rain on the hood and roof. Went back to the dealer--had to get the district guy involved--and they got her another car.
Dealer was absolutely no help and asked if they were supposed to be the ones stuck with the car....great attitude.

After those episodes, we do a PPI--before the $ changes hands--on every car we've bought since. Get the car in a well lighted area, go over each panel very carefully, look at all the panel gaps, interior panels and fabric, do the test drive and listen to the motor. It takes a bit of time, but one thing is for sure, if the body work is screwed up at the delivery, it going to be PITA to get it sorted out after the fact. Good paint jobs cost a lot of money; fixing this panel and matching the color will be difficult.

I hope Ford does the right thing and replace the car.
This x 1000.

99gtp

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Make sure you put all of this on the ford survey for the dealership. Like others id be at that dealer with a pitchfork and a torch getting a new 350R at a discount lol.

Dr. Norts

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red Mustang GT
This totally sucks and that repair isn't up to snuff by anyone's standards... Any new updates??

If a repair is $3000 or less the repair doesn't have to be disclosed. At least that's how it is up here in Canada.

Required disclosures

The make, model, trim level and model year of the vehicle.

If the vehicle has been used as a taxi, limousine, police or emergency vehicle.

If the vehicle has been leased (rented) on a daily basis and has not been subsequently owned by someone other than a dealer.

If any collision or incident damage to the vehicle was greater than $3,000 (and the total cost of repair if known by the dealer).

If the vehicle has been classified under the Highway Traffic Act as irreparable, salvage or rebuilt, or was declared a total loss by an insurer.

If the vehicle has two or more adjacent panels that are not bumper panels that have been replaced.

If the manufacturer’s warranty on the vehicle has been cancelled.

If the vehicle has sustained any damage caused by fire.

If the vehicle has sustained any damage caused by immersion in liquid that has penetrated to the level of at least the interior floor boards.

If there has been structural damage or if the vehicle has had repairs, replacements or alterations to the structure of the vehicle.

If the vehicle has an anti-lock braking system that is not operational.

If any of the vehicle’s airbags are missing or not operational.

If the vehicle requires repair to any of the following:
Engine, transmission or power train.
Subframe or suspension.
Computer equipment.
Electrical system.
Fuel operation system.
Air conditioning.

If the contract is for the sale or lease of a specifically identified new motor vehicle (e.g., VIN is known, in stock, etc.), the maximum distance that will be shown on the odometer at time of delivery.

If the contract does not specifically identify a new vehicle (e.g., a vehicle which must be located, VIN unknown), the maximum distance that will be shown on the odometer at the time of delivery or a statement initialed by the buyer that there is no maximum.

If the contract is for the sale or lease of a used vehicle:
The total distance driven.

If the dealer cannot determine the total distance the vehicle has been driven, but can determine a distance the vehicle has been driven as of some past date, that distance and date, together with a statement that “the total distance the vehicle has been driven is believed to be higher.”

If the dealer is unable to make any type of determination as to total distance driven or as to distance driven from a past date, that “the total distance driven is unknown and may be substantially higher than the reading shown on the odometer.”

If the vehicle’s odometer is broken or faulty, has been replaced or rolled back, or is in miles.

If the vehicle is materially different from its original or advertised production specifications.

If the badge or any other indication on the vehicle relates to a different vehicle model.

If the vehicle was previously registered in a jurisdiction other than Ontario, and if so, a statement indicating which jurisdictions. This requirement does not apply if the vehicle has since been registered in Ontario for more than seven years.

If the vehicle was recovered subsequent to being reported stolen.

A statement of any other facts that could be expected to influence the decision of a reasonable buyer or lessee to purchase or lease the vehicle on the terms disclosed in the contract.

Not sure about the US. All I know is I'd be going ape shit over that kind of repair quality. Once you strangle someone all of a sudden shit gets real serious!

Mr981

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost coupe
A few more thoughts:
-Porsche has a large POE facility in SC where it off loads it's cars and does an inspection before they are put on trucks. It includes a paint facility, from which I've been told, they can do body repair work on car damaged in transit and have it done by their personnel on their site so that the repaired work can't be discerned upon delivery.
Somebody in the Ford network knew that the OP's car had been damaged and that rudimentary repainting was done to get the car out the door and take the customer's money.
At the very least, the dealer knew what was going on and from the details provided, put the customer's interests last. This is how dealers go out of business and --hopefully someone at Ford is listening--this is how a manufacturer's reputation gets damaged.

-Last, If I have one peeve about Ford products, it is the uneven quality of their dealer network around the country--which I think this thread and others discuss.
Some are terrific, others are there to just take the money and do as little as possible when there's a problem. I say this from having owned Ford and other models--Porsche/BMW/MB/toyota/Chevy over the past 25 years-- and it seems the Ford network of dealers--and how they treat their customers has taken a bad turn in the last 5-10 years.
After getting terrible service with Chevy, I dumped GM products for 20 years and bought only Fords for our domestic cars. On some models, quality wasn't great, but the dealer always got it fixed and I never had to fight any under warranty to get them fixed.
Foreign car makers and their dealers--Toyota/Porsche BMW and MB--still treat customer that way; if you have a problem under warranty (and sometimes beyond) they will make it good to keep the customer happy.
They seem to have much higher standards for how their customers get treated by their dealers and go to some extreme levels to find out how trips to the dealer for service go--Porsche is amazing about this.

My suggestion to Ford is that they need to get a better handle on how their dealers handle warranty work and light a fire under them to get it done right and quickly. This BS about "it's normal or they all do this" on issues like vibration or deteriorating seat foam after a few miles can sour a customer view on a product for a very long time.
I'd hate to see all the good work Ford did on the Mustang go out the window due to a shoddy dealer network and some QC issues that should be worked out at the fctory.
Sponsored