2017 GT Base Performance Pack?

blue5.slow

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jack
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Base, M/T
Last year when I bought my used manual 2017 Mustang GT, it was listed as a premium. It has the base rear diffuser and base stereo, however it has the premium leather seats, the 6 piston Brembo front brakes, and the strut tower brace. I'm confused on whether this is just a base GT with performance pack upgrades, or if it is a performance pack with different options (possibly ordered from ford in 2016 and the previous owner selected different options when building it?). I am asking this because I need to know my gear ratio and I have no idea if my car is a premium, base, or performance pack.
Sponsored

cahouston

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT A10 Premium
Vehicle Showcase
There should be a sticker on the rear end differential cover that will state the gear ratio (as long as they weren't changed).

I believe the performance pack 1 has been an option available with the base trim so that could explain the base stereo, brembos, and strut tower brace. Previous owner could have added the leather seats. If stereo system is the 4 inch display, it is likely a base with PP1.

bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hristofor
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fiesta 1.25i, 2017 GB Ford Mustang GT PP Premium
Vehicle Showcase
I believe the performance pack 1 has been an option available with the base trim so that could explain the base stereo, brembos, and strut tower brace. Previous owner could have added the leather seats. If stereo system is the 4 inch display, it is likely a base with PP1.
Correct. Easy way to find if it's PP is if it hase the oil pressure instruments on the central console.

R3troGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium Coupe - 2019 RAM 1500 BH
Have you tried searching for the cars Window Sticker on Fords site? That would tell you all the options

Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60

CorvZ061

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Travis
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
IMO sounds like a base car with the performance pack option.

Definitely not a premium, even if it has leather seats. I don't know of anyone taking out their 8" screen for the 4". But I would expect to see guys with cloth seats upgrade to leather ones.

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
Pictures?

If 1st gear is really short, like 30MPH or so, then it's a 3.73 rear end.

Last edited:

cmxPPL219

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
In addition to the VIN and checking the window sticker, pics OP :)

As an aside, when a car was involved in a collision, the body shop will sometimes order the wrong part for the car unknowingly, due to not paying attention, simply stating the car model instead of using the VIN, etc.

For example, the rear bumper - if the car was involved in a rear-end hit, and assuming it was originally, in fact, a premium, the body shop could have ordered a non-premium bumper. I've seen this to be the case on other makes and models over the years, especially if the car in question is a special model, and it gets fixed up with the more pedestrian fascia and trim pieces, etc.

Last edited:

Sponsored

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona

As an aside, when a car was involved in a collision, the body shop will sometimes order the wrong part for the car unknowingly, due to not paying attention, simply stating the car model instead of using the VIN, etc.

For example, the rear bumper - if the car was involved in a rear-end hit, and assuming it was originally, in fact, a premium, the body shop could have ordered a non-premium bumper. I've seen this to be the case on other makes and models over the years, especially if the car in question is a special model, and it gets fixed up with the more pedestrian fascia and trim pieces, etc.
Or the body shop will knowingly order the wrong part, to make themselves more $$. Which is much, much more likely.

But I'd bet the OP has a 300A PP1 car.

cmxPPL219

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
Or the body shop will knowingly order the wrong part, to make themselves more $$. Which is much, much more likely.

But I'd bet the OP has a 300A PP1 car.
So true.

In the GTA (Greater Toronto Area) collision centre fraud is pretty notable. One of the major car insurers did an undercover investigation on it a couple of years ago, and it was surprising to see how many of the big "chain" names were implicated. They had hidden cam video of shops causing extra damage purposely etc., padding the invoices, etc. Terrible.

OP
OP
blue5.slow

blue5.slow

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jack
Vehicle(s)
Correct. Easy way to find if it's PP is if it hase the oil pressure instruments on the central console.
nope. no oil pressure gague.

IMG_2375.PNG

OP
OP
blue5.slow

blue5.slow

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jack
Vehicle(s)
Pictures?

If 1st gear is really short, like 30MPH or so, then it's a 3.73 rear end.
no oil pressure gague and base rear diffuser.

IMG_2367.JPG

IMG_2375.PNG

OP
OP
blue5.slow

blue5.slow

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jack
Vehicle(s)

Carfax showed no crashes or accidents.
Sponsored