Sponsored

2017 Base mustang Gt to Premium package. Is it possible ?

2017ingotGt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Angel
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang 5.0
Got a 2017 Base Gt. Should’ve went the premium route in the beginning. Just want to know if it’s possible to do a complete premium package swap to the base. I’m talking MyColor, Sync 3 with climate control, heated seats, premium door handles, door sills, etc... Will i have to change a couple of wiring harnesses or is everything just plug n play if I take it from a premium package mustang and plug it in to the base ? If anyone can shed some light on this I’d greatly appreciate it. I understand that theirs also foot well lights for the pp owners that work with The MyColor option as well as door handle lights. If I buy the premium door panels will I get the Leds behind the handles ? I’m willing to invest about 15k into the car.
Sponsored

Biggsy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP, '10 Tundra
Yes, you will be able to get Sync 3 and most of what you want.

for Sync 3 conversion:
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/sync-3-swap-its-all-in-here.82973/

there are a lot of write ups already such as the premium MyColor cluster and door sills. You can come up on good deals and will probably end up spending less than you would if you initially got a premium. You buying the premium stuff then selling your base stuff somewhat offsets the price.

One thing you didn't mention if you didn't notice or care about it is the bumper. premium and base bumper are different. there is a write up on that too.

OP
OP
2017ingotGt

2017ingotGt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Angel
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang 5.0
Yes, you will be able to get Sync 3 and most of what you want.

for Sync 3 conversion:
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/sync-3-swap-its-all-in-here.82973/

there are a lot of write ups already such as the premium MyColor cluster and door sills. You can come up on good deals and will probably end up spending less than you would if you initially got a premium. You buying the premium stuff then selling your base stuff somewhat offsets the price.

One thing you didn't mention if you didn't notice or care about it is the bumper. premium and base bumper are different. there is a write up on that too.
Thanks for the speedy response man ! I’ll go ahead and take a look at the link! And yes you’re right I would’ve spent way less going that route. But I will post some things I remove from my base see if anyone is Interested. As far as bumpers go, I was thinking of getting a rear 2018-19 Gt bumper I like the look plus I’m running quad tips already and for the front a gt350 bumper.

Hey i came across this link https://www.infotainment.com/produc...c-3-touchscreen-upgrade?variant=5138453102628

Would you say 2,700.00 dollars is fair for a sync 3 conversion with all the features or do you think I can dig up a cheaper deal if i look somewhere else ?

Sponsored

OP
OP
2017ingotGt

2017ingotGt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Angel
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang 5.0
Save your hard earned cash. Premium trim is a joke to begin with
Yeah man a lot of people have been telling me in person to just sell the base and buy a premium but idk can’t seem to let it go that easy. Fuck it even if it hurts spending all the unnecessary money I guess I’ll be the first dumbass to do a complete premium packagage swap and I’ll try to make a write up with the help of all the other people here.

Biggsy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP, '10 Tundra
Thanks for the speedy response man ! I’ll go ahead and take a look at the link! And yes you’re right I would’ve spent way less going that route. But I will post some things I remove from my base see if anyone is Interested. As far as bumpers go, I was thinking of getting a rear 2018-19 Gt bumper I like the look plus I’m running quad tips already and for the front a gt350 bumper.

Hey i came across this link https://www.infotainment.com/produc...c-3-touchscreen-upgrade?variant=5138453102628

Would you say 2,700.00 dollars is fair for a sync 3 conversion with all the features or do you think I can dig up a cheaper deal if i look somewhere else ?
2700? That’s dead.

You can find the same parts of that kit for less than half the price. Some people sell the whole kit for around 1k because they ended up with a new car that is premium.

Can 18 bumpers even be used on a 15-17? If you have quad tips you might as well get a 15-17 bumper and get a quad tip valence.

But like I said you can actually break even (or close to it) by swapping out the parts but obviously it’ll take time.

OP
OP
2017ingotGt

2017ingotGt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Angel
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang 5.0
2700? That’s dead.

You can find the same parts of that kit for less than half the price. Some people sell the whole kit for around 1k because they ended up with a new car that is premium.

Can 18 bumpers even be used on a 15-17? If you have quad tips you might as well get a 15-17 bumper and get a quad tip valence.

But like I said you can actually break even (or close to it) by swapping out the parts but obviously it’ll take time.
Wtf seriously ? That’s a huge price difference honestly ! Hopefully I can find someone still willing to let a kit go for that price cause 2,700 seems a lil steep. But yes I think it’s possible to do a complete rear bumper from the 18s. Everything bolts up fine except for 2 new retention screws but man that new rear bumper looks fucken crazy good on those cars

Nomadic

King of Europe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: '19 Mustang GT base 6spd (SOLD),'19 Camaro 1SS A10, '14 VW Jetta SE 1.8
Yeah man a lot of people have been telling me in person to just sell the base and buy a premium but idk can’t seem to let it go that easy. Fuck it even if it hurts spending all the unnecessary money I guess I’ll be the first dumbass to do a complete premium packagage swap and I’ll try to make a write up with the help of all the other people here.
I wouldn't sell the base and buy a premium. I'd keep the base and not spend a dime. B/c after wasting all your $, the car won't feel that "premium". I test drove a $50K GT premium before I got my base GT. The "Premium" didn't feel any more upscale. Leather seats felt like cheap rubber to me. The base cloths feel better to me. Still don't get full power seats just the bottom is power. Cooling seat only does the bottom cushion which is worthless when your back is sweaty. Just felt like a joke to me especially for the crazy price hike.

2015Etrac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2016 Mustang GT Premium 401a
I would probably only add the Sync 3 which you should be able to find for about $1,000. Most of the other features like the puddle lights and MyColor are nice, but after a week or two you don't even notice them anymore. Also, I would probably get a set of leather Recaro's over the heated/cooled seats, then just buy some take off leather rear seats for the back. After the seats and the Sync 3, I would spend the rest on suspension, brakes, etc. If you don't have the Brembos, you can add them for about $900. Gt350 steering wheels are a really nice interior upgrade as well.

Sponsored

5.0_SD

Village Idiot/Biermeister
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
17 GT Base Lightning Blue

Contact @HextallS550 who can get you all the SYNC 3 stuff for much less than $2700 me thinks. Hit them up and see what they say...good guys.

Vroom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I did this on my base 16 GT to a 2017 PP and sync 3 with the exception that i kept my 3.55 gears and base brakes for now. I do not recommend this as the way to go unless you had to as it got ridiculously expensive and has been a learning curve in all of the mustangs systems and wiring harnesses. My auction base gt mustang was driven into a muddy river and all electronics had to be swapped so i had a reason.

Freedom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT, '22 Tesla Model 3, '22 F-150 Lightning
Sync 3 price should go down since they’re coming with the the base 18/19 A trims too.

Deleted member 35644

Unless you're willing to go with aftermarket switches mounted elsewhere, this is what you'll need to upgrade to heated seating. I like upgrades, but not sure I'd take it that far living in CA.

Installing leather in my 101A Ecoboost this weekend, and adding leather door panels next week. Want to add fog lights sometime down the line. Not sure if I'm going to bother with the pony projection mirrors. It's going to look more or less like a Premium to the untrained eye when I'm done.

CC.JPG
Sponsored