2017 GT - add ported 2018 manifold?

TX5.0GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT 6A
Hey everyone! First post here. Apologize if this has already been covered. Just couldn’t find it in search.

We have a 2017 GT auto with JLT CAI, Bama 93 tune, Roush Xpipe, Roush Axle backs.

Thinking about ordering the Ported 2018 manifold from VMP.

Is it worth it and will we need a revised tune?

Its my wife’s daily driver. We hit the 1/4 drag strip every couple months for fun. Ennis TX.

Thanks in advance!
Sponsored

Andrew@Lethal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2003 10th Anniversary Cobra / 2003 Ford Lightning
OP
OP

TX5.0GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT 6A
Thanks! Just got done researching the Lethal website. Looks like you guys have everything we need to get this car setup with the 2018 ported manifold.

Can Lethal send a tune to my RevX or will I need a new tuner??

gracias!

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
I'd ditch that Bama tune while you're at it with replacing the manifold.

Sponsored

OP
OP

TX5.0GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT 6A
I’m totally new to this tuner game. What is the big issue with Bama tune? Or better question, what do the others provide that makes Bama inferior?

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
What is the big issue with Bama tune? Or better question, what do the others provide that makes Bama inferior?
Bama is good. Some say it isn't cause they're still living in 2011 when BAMA had some issues which were quickly fixed. if you paid for the bama 'tunes for life' you can add whatever parts you want and get a revision. For a daily, I stick with them. just my opinion.

Last edited:
OP
OP

TX5.0GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT 6A
Bama is good. Some say it isn't cause they're still living in 2011 when BAMA had some issues which were quickly fixed. if you paid for the bama 'tunes for life' you can add whatever parts you want and get a revision. For a daily, I stick with them. just my opinion.
Thanks WildHorse

Yea, we bought it new at the end of 2017. Been running stock up until last weekend. When I installed the JLT CAI, Bama tune RevX, Roush Xpipe and Roush Axle Backs. Obviously I’m a new-b and just purchased what I thought was best through AM. Too be honest it seemed to make a drastic improvement. Yes we got the “Bama tunes for life” with the RevX

But like all things, now we are reading up on the ported 2018 manifold and figured that might be next on the list. It would kinda suck if we had to pay again for another tuner when we add a 2018 ported intake. But, if there is a significant reason to do so, we will prepare to take that hit.

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
But like all things, now we are reading up on the ported 2018 manifold and figured that might be next on the list. It would kinda suck if we had to pay again for another tuner when we add a 2018 ported intake. But, if there is a significant reason to do so, we will prepare to take that hit.
No need for another handheld. I just added a 2018 intake manifold to my '17 and I just use a diablosport inTune for everything I do. Cheers